Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Wales and Cardiff City player shines on loan '

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:44 pm

' Wales and Cardiff City player shines on loan '

Monday 29th Feb 2016

Danny Wilson is backing his young stars to continue to hold down first team positions for Chesterfield.

The Spireites boss lauded recent additions to his squad Tom Anderson, Declan John and Connor Dimaio, ahead of Tuesday’s visit of Blackpool.

Defenders Anderson and John have impressed on loan from Burnley and Cardiff respectively and have helped Chesterfield to back to back wins, pulling the club away from the relegation zone.

Declan John was out of favour at Cardiff City and Danny Wilson had heard nothing but good reports on the ex Premier League and Wales star, Wilson is delighted with his progress after signing John on loan from Cardiff City.

"My three new loan signings have shone and they can’t give any more,” he said.

“The only thing they can’t give you is a bit of experience, but how are they going to get it? That’s by playing.

“We’ve given them a platform and then it’s up to the players.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Wales and Cardiff City player shines on loan '

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:18 pm

Absolutely ridiculous he hasn't had a look in for last 2 seasons...good enough for the premiership but apparently not as good as Malone?????

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:44 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Absolutely ridiculous he hasn't had a look in for last 2 seasons...good enough for the premiership but apparently not as good as Malone?????

Couldn't agree more, talented player, being wasted :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:46 pm

bluespeers wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Absolutely ridiculous he hasn't had a look in for last 2 seasons...good enough for the premiership but apparently not as good as Malone?????

Couldn't agree more, talented player, being wasted :ayatollah:

I Second that :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:45 pm

Still think John is better attacking than defending.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Good enough for the Premiership? or just had a woeful left back for Premiership in Andrew Taylor so we just chucked in an energetic young full back which is the norm in today's game.. we had nothing in left back in the Prem.

He has a lot of potential compared to some of the players we have had in the youth system but he is tad over rated because he came through the ranks.

I like the lad but we chucked him in too early and I think he hasn't had many chances to prove himself but I think a loan move was the right thing.. if Slade were to go which is over 50% happening IMO then the new potential manager can take a look at him.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:02 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Good enough for the Premiership? or just had a woeful left back for Premiership in Andrew Taylor so we just chucked in an energetic young full back which is the norm in today's game.. we had nothing in left back in the Prem.

He has a lot of potential compared to some of the players we have had in the youth system but he is tad over rated because he came through the ranks.

I like the lad but we chucked him in too early and I think he hasn't had many chances to prove himself but I think a loan move was the right thing.. if Slade were to go which is over 50% happening IMO then the new potential manager can take a look at him.

Which is why I want a young hungry manager who is more than willing to play tennis youth. I'd quite happily wait a few seasons for a promotion push just so our youngsters can become first team regulars. Said this for 4 seasons. :thumbright:

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:09 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Good enough for the Premiership? or just had a woeful left back for Premiership in Andrew Taylor so we just chucked in an energetic young full back which is the norm in today's game.. we had nothing in left back in the Prem.

Which is why I want a young hungry manager who is more than willing to play tennis youth. I'd quite happily wait a few seasons for a promotion push just so our youngsters can become first team regulars. Said this for 4 seasons. :thumbright:

I would like to see more youngsters get involved but it's about timing.. it's easy to say throw them in.

I feel like the club since we gone down haven't been in a position to take this approach. With the money Ole invested in Pilkington, Manga, Morrison and a few others we were deemed as a club that was looking and wanting to go back up with the money so to blend youngsters in wasn't right.. then Ole left and we weren't in the best position so Slade had to steady the ship and do a lot of things off the field to stable the club and get us in a good position which he did under some very difficult circumstances.

Maybe the summer 2015 was the best chance but I can see why we haven't as Slade has landed a job which in reality he shouldn't have and is trying his very best to get us high as he can e.g top 6 and get us up as he wants to prove a lot of people wrong here.

If he were to go in the summer and we got a manager of what you are talking about maybe we can get Oshilaja more around the match day squad and possibly a striker?

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:20 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I would like to see more youngsters get involved but it's about timing.. it's easy to say throw them in.

I feel like the club since we gone down haven't been in a position to take this approach. With the money Ole invested in Pilkington, Manga, Morrison and a few others we were deemed as a club that was looking and wanting to go back up with the money so to blend youngsters in wasn't right.. then Ole left and we weren't in the best position so Slade had to steady the ship and do a lot of things off the field to stable the club and get us in a good position which he did under some very difficult circumstances.

Maybe the summer 2015 was the best chance but I can see why we haven't as Slade has landed a job which in reality he shouldn't have and is trying his very best to get us high as he can e.g top 6 and get us up as he wants to prove a lot of people wrong here.

If he were to go in the summer and we got a manager of what you are talking about maybe we can get Oshilaja more around the match day squad and possibly a striker?

Don't get me wrong Slade has done a good job there's no denying that but when you hear he doesn't watch the youngsters (my manager's son is with academy) and hardly plays the youngsters it's a bit concerning.

BUT as you said he had to keep the ship from sinking and he has done more than that. Hopefully next season, if he's still here, he'll throw the youngsters on. But again I'd be happy if we waited a couple of seasons for a promotion push and blended the guns with experienced players. Rolls for example. :ayatollah: