Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Cardiff City are looking to bring in Two New "

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:56 pm

" CARDIFF CITY ARE LOOKING TO BRING IN TWO NEW "

Cardiff City are looking to bring in two new Directors to join the current football board

Michael Filiou, has already departed the club, as has former director Michael Isaac, who was voted off the board recently.

CEO Ken Choo is looking at all diffent aspects of the club and recently brought in a new fans go between who the fans can have approach with any questions.

The club have already listened to the fans on season ticket prices etc which were released today.

Re: " Cardiff City are looking to bring in Two New "

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City are looking to bring in two new Directors to join the current football board.

Michael Filiou, has already departed the club, as has former director Michael Isaac, who was voted off the board recently.

CEO Ken Choo is looking at all diffent aspects of the club and recently brought in a new fans go between who the fans can have approach with any questions.

The club have already listened to the fans on season ticket prices etc which were released today.

This must be the football club board only , not the main board as Michael Filiou was never on the main board.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:07 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City are looking to bring in two new Directors to join the current football board.

This must be the football club board only , not the main board as Michael Filiou was never on the main board.

Correct Keith :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:21 pm

Hope there rich feckers.....lol

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:29 pm

beano1 wrote:Hope there rich feckers.....lol

Hope they know the difference between "there" and "they`re" :D

Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:44 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:

:sleepy2:

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:43 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Maybe it was dozing off in class like the icon you used is the reason why the poster could' not get if right. Someone else on here even thought "in" should be written as "inn" and others have seemingly no idea of the difference between "to" and "too". Add in the regular references to "escaped goats, "tender pins" etc ( even that sometimes appears as ect) and it is often like a dropped box of Scrabble tiles on here.
I know it is only a football message board but surely it is not too much to ask for basic English? When the "white van men" come on here to air their racist views, it can also be accompanied by a total lack of punctuation as well.

I blame the failings of the education system, which is why a number of the jobs requiring skills in this country go to the immigrants so hated by those racists.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:49 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Maybe it was dozing off in class like the icon you used is the reason why the poster could' not get if right. Someone else on here even thought "in" should be written as "inn" and others have seemingly no idea of the difference between "to" and "too". Add in the regular references to "escaped goats, "tender pins" etc ( even that sometimes appears as ect) and it is often like a dropped box of Scrabble tiles on here.
I know it is only a football message board but surely it is not too much to ask for basic English? When the "white van men" come on here to air their racist views, it can also be accompanied by a total lack of punctuation as well.

I blame the failings of the education system, which is why a number of the jobs requiring skills in this country go to the immigrants so hated by those racists.

Well said, Keith! :thumbup:

All so used to predictive text (even teachers) that the basics are no longer considered worthy of priority and the key words (as my good friend MW would say) are "Just enough is good enough!" ;)

With many nowadays, if the 'pass' mark is 50% and you get 51% you are considered to have studied too hard! :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:17 pm

Feck me Keef ur bang outa orda. :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:38 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

We're all from different walks of life and different backgrounds. Some people may have dyslexia for example or have had their education ruined/disrupted for a multitude of personal reasons growing up.

What I have gathered from my reasonably limited time on this planet is that some of the most intelligent people that I know and in fact that ever lived including Albert Einstein struggled with literacy problems. It's those who judge others and categorise intelligence who look stupid in my eyes.

If we were in a different environment people could use aids to help them write correctly, but like you said - this is a football forum! No need for your red pen on here!

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:08 pm

nubbsy wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

We're all from different walks of life and different backgrounds. Some people may have dyslexia for example or have had their education ruined/disrupted for a multitude of personal reasons growing up.

What I have gathered from my reasonably limited time on this planet is that some of the most intelligent people that I know and in fact that ever lived including Albert Einstein struggled with literacy problems. It's those who judge others and categorise intelligence who look stupid in my eyes.

If we were in a different environment people could use aids to help them write correctly, but like you said - this is a football forum! No need for your red pen on here!

You are quite right about Einstein. I was listening to a radio show earlier where they said he finished 4th out of a class of 5 in science at college as well. But he must have worked hard to overcome this and not repeat his mistakes because he didn't do too badly after that.
I also take on board your dyslexia comment as one of my daughters suffered from a mild case of this when she was in primary school. But she worked at it , adjusted and overcame it
What I find harder to understand is when someone is told the difference between "to" and "too" or that it is could " have" not could"of" etc. they carry on repeating the mistakes time and time again. That, to my mind , is either being stubborn or lazy not a case of having an education disrupted. I genuinely worry about education in this country though as it seems to be falling further and further behind standards in other countries which will inevitably lead to even more competition from workers from abroad in the jobs market.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:00 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Sorry about my grammer Keith, should I go to the naughty step or corner.
P.s did you mean to put IF on your second line or should it have been IT?.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:10 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

you ask for basic English as not being too mych to ask from posters, surely the ritten word with a few grammatical errors is just that.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:30 am

ccfcsince62 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

what if they had learning difficulties though?what would that make you for pointing out a mentally ill person?what I really don't get about you is you correct people's spelling When all they come to do is to look at the forum and post they're opinion not to come on here and have a big cross by they're sentences :lol:

Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:51 am

tylorstown18891 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

what if they had learning difficulties though?what would that make you for pointing out a mentally ill person?what I really don't get about you is you correct people's spelling When all they come to do is to look at the forum and post they're opinion not to come on here and have a big cross by they're sentences :lol:

That is a fair point.

Having read my earlier post is does come across as too pompous and I apologise to anyone I may have offended .

(p.s. it is "their" , not "they`re" :D .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................just joking!

Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:28 am

ccfcsince62 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

That is a fair point.

Having read my earlier post is does come across as too pompous and I apologise to anyone I may have offended .

(p.s. it is "their" , not "they`re" :D .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................just joking!
:laughing6: