Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" IN A NEAR EMPTY CARDIFF CITY / CITY TODAY "

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:20 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

" IN A NEAR EMPTY CARDIFF CITY STADIUM/ CITY TODAY "

CARDIFF CITY SAW OUT A HARD FOUGHT WIN. :ayatollah:

A MASSIVE 3PTS AGAINST PLAY OFF RIVALS IPSWICH.

RUSSELL SLADES NAME WAS SANG TODAY BY THE DIED HARD CARDIFF FANS AND SO IT SHOsULD BE.

Even though Ipswich came for a win there were long periods of the game that were non eventful play.

Cardiff looked tired,did the high tempo Leeds game take it out of them?

3 hard fought points. :bluebird:

Russell Slade had to bring in Simon Moore to replace Marshall who came down with a virus last night.

CARDIFF CITY 1 IPSWICH TOWN 0

Crowd 15,175
Away support Approx. 1,200 Ipswich fans

Cardiff City : Moore, Peltier, Connolly, Manga, Malone, Whittingham, Ralls, O'Keefe, Noone, Immers and Pilkington.

Subs : Wilson, Morrison, Gunnarsson, Dikgacoi, Lawrence, Zohore and Ameobi.

City started this game still licking their wounds after their shock home defeat on Tuesday night to Leeds United,so today was about putting it right in front of the Cardiff Fans against fellow play off hopefuls Ipswich Town.
As City ran out to a near deserted stadium both teams for the first 15 played some good football and by the 18th minute a corner by Whittingham was headed in by Manga to make it 1-0 City.

Some good Football by Cardiff in the first half.

Ipswich came to win and this was keeping the game open, the first half finished with City deservedly going in 1 nil up.
Half-time CCFC 1 Ipswich 0 :ayatollah:
Ipswich started the second half looking for the equaliser and Malone kicked the ball of the line in the 57th min.

For the 20 mins we did not get the ball in their half :shock:
Then Scott Malone had a shot wide in the 65th min.

68th min Whittingham free kick saved.

71st min Whittingham off injured and replaced by Gunnarsson.

At times the match had boring periods.

82 min Pilkigton came off for Dikgacoi.

Full-time CCFC 1 Ipswich 0

My man of the match BRUNO MANGA. :thumbright:

Up next Reading away Next Saturday. :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " IN A NEAR EMPTY CARDIFF CITY / CITY TODAY "

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:22 pm

brickyblue wrote:Well done city still in it

DEF RIGHT IN IT :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote::shock:

Shameful :cry:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:23 pm

KWest wrote:If Birmingham lose tomorrow, this is going to have been a great weekend for us. It looks as though 5th place has been pulled back into the mix, which is great news for us.

I'm feeling positive :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Can't underestimate that win today, anything less and we'd be falling away. A huge win :ayatollah:

We deserved it, but it was scrappy.

What a great chance we have, and we can go to Reading confident :thumbright:

Disagree on MOTM, Peltier got my vote.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Well done to all those parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters that defied the crowd and
20160312_161429-1600x900.jpg
came to the football today, even though the schools were probably pushing the egg all week.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Why the negative headline and the pictures of empty parts of the ground.

Why cant you just embrace that we won and are doing well.

From what I have hered the atmosphere was decent again today.

Some people just need to have something to moan about

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:44 pm

RV Casual wrote:Why the negative headline and the pictures of empty parts of the ground.

People like negativity :sladein: ;)

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:46 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Why the negative headline and the pictures of empty parts of the ground.

Its getting boring now mate, little digs about the crowds all the time, just enjoy it, focus on the positives aint it

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Great 3 points won :sladein:

Again I had a shed load of free school tickets & an adult & Child for £15

Out of 30 I got rid of 12 managed to get rid of 3 more in the que

Appalling attendance for being in playoff portion

Hope brums lose now

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:00 pm

Quite right. Im even going to stop bumping my boo boys thread. Positives vibes is the path for the run in :sladein:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Can't underestimate that win today, anything less and we'd be falling away. A huge win :ayatollah:

We deserved it, but it was scrappy.

What a great chance we have, and we can go to Reading confident :thumbright:

Disagree on MOTM, Peltier got my vote.

Ned, it was like 6 pointer and a massive win :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We def deserved it :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Well done to all those parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters that defied the crowd and
came to the football today, even though the schools were probably pushing the egg all week.

Good to finally meet you today :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Yes well done to those who did turn up :ayatollah: and the glory hunters will be back for the one game a season like the old days all over again.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:05 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:

Its getting boring now mate, little digs about the crowds all the time, just enjoy it, focus on the positives aint it

That's what I mean mun :laughing6: :wave: great 3 points :sladein: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:06 pm

The atmosphere at times was dead,but when it did get going it was not bad for such an empty stadium, or did you not hear it yourself?

So what did you think of the game if you went?

As to negativity,dam right, the crowd was a disgrace for our team/club as they deserve far far better :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:06 pm

Free ticket to kids work....Those kids (primary age) giving it to the Ipswich fans made my day, thought one or two of them were going over the barrier :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:07 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Quite right. Im even going to stop bumping my boo boys thread. Positives vibes is the path for the run in :sladein:

Back Russell Slade and our players :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:09 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:

Of all the posters to say this :lol: :lol:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:09 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:

You have not answered? What did you think of the game?

If you have read my report,its positive :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:11 pm

RageJon wrote:Great 3 points won :sladein:

Again I had a shed load of free school tickets & an adult & Child for £15

Out of 30 I got rid of 12 managed to get rid of 3 more in the que

Appalling attendance for being in playoff portion

Hope brums lose now

Fantastic 3 points and well deserved :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now they need a big crowd to support them, as they deserve it :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:14 pm

today the loyal diehard fans made me proud the atmosphere was good massive 3pts we can make play offs believe bluebirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:16 pm

I didnt go today obviously hence my 'i hered' the atmosphere was good comment. Not sure what your trying to get at there though as Im sure Im not the only one who's missed games this season through other commitments.

My point is your constant negativity about our crowds is boring, just let it go and focus on the positives. We won today yet your title is named 'in a near empty cardiff city'.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:17 pm

pengamblue wrote:today the loyal diehard fans made me proud the atmosphere was good massive 3pts we can make play offs believe bluebirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

:thumbright: :ayatollah:

pengamblue wrote:today the loyal diehard fans made me proud the atmosphere was good massive 3pts we can make play offs believe bluebirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

SPOT ON :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: " ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:Well done to all those parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters that defied the crowd and

Yes well done to those who did turn up :ayatollah: and the glory hunters will be back for the one game a season like the old days all over again.

Great to finally meet you guys too. One day we will get to the premier league properly, in blue together. All 10,000 of us!!

llan bluebird wrote:Free ticket to kids work....Those kids (primary age) giving it to the Ipswich fans made my day, thought one or two of them were going over the barrier :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

And mine :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:

I've had an epiphany now Annis and I'm 100% backing Russ and our Bluebirds now :sladein: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :D :wave: :laughing6: :thumbup: :laughing5: :thumbright:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:19 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:

I've had an epiphany now Annis and I'm 100% backing Russ and our Bluebirds now :sladein: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :D :wave: :laughing6: :thumbup: :laughing5: :thumbright:

:lol:

Ok all forgiven :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Still wait for RV Casual to tell me his positive thoughts on the game :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:30 pm

Mr Shed wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Great to finally meet you guys too. One day we will get to the premier league properly, in blue together. All 10,000 of us!!

WE WILL AND BE PROUD THIS TIME :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:32 pm

I think Annis summing up is a fair reflection. I would add that for the first time in years I was confident we would hang on for the win as we seemed able to go up a gear if we had to.

Thought the Ninian was a credit to the atmosphere but again I'm left wondering where is the Canton?

The negative is again Ralls whose passing at times was awful and Malone who shit out of tackles again today.

Still the work rate was there and my MOTM was Lex who ran his socks off.