Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CCFC MINI-UPDATE - BRILLIANT NEWS '

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:22 pm

PAY ON THE GATE AT READING TOMORROW AND OVER 1,500 CITY FANS GOING TO READING TOMORROW.
NO MEMBERSHIP NEEDED :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I have just returned from the club, I had a chat with Ken Choo, Jamie De Cruz (Media) and Mona from the Ticket Office.

FREE TICKETS

Ken Choo was as friendly and chatty as normal and was particularly excited to tell me about a new promotion the club are doing right now as a reward for anyone buying season tickets.

If you renew or buy as a new season ticket holder before April 1st then you will receive two free tickets to the Derby match.

If you have already purchased your season tickets you can claim your two free tickets by contacting the club.

READING TOMORROW

There will be pay on the gate tomorrow at Reading, there will be no family tickets as previously advertised and the cost of paying on the gate will be slightly higher, basically £2 more than the ticket price that you can buy from our ticket office.

Our ticket office is open until 5.30pm this afternoon to purchase at the best price.

Overnight we went from 900 to 1,500 tickets sold for the fixture.

So we will have over 1,500 Bluebirds in the away end tomorrow at the Madjeski Stadium.

BIG FLAGS

I also chatted with Jamie De Cruz who was looking for an opinion on the Big Flags that will be seen for the first time against Derby County.

There are two large flags, one being used in the USW Canton Stand and the other in the Family Stand.

I gave my opinion that the large flags would be better in the Canton Stand and give the kids paper clappers to bang in the Family Stand.

LOYALTY SCHEME

The club will be introducing a loyalty scheme which will be done through the ticket office, I was given no information on how the loyalty scheme will work but only that it will reward loyalty.

I offered a suggestion, that through the database, why not look at those people who travel to every away match and offer them as a thank you an opportunity to sit in the directors box at a home game if they so wish.

Just an idea to any thank you.

The response was excellent to the idea and that it will be discussed as an option.

LISTENING TO FANS

With the rebrand and negativity disappearing it is obvious that the club is trying to reconnect with the fans and are trying to do that, I was told that they do try and listen to the fans, and admitted that yes they do read the forum and take on board ideas.

It was said to me that the club thought I would be pleased with the £49 anywhere in the ground for an U16 with a full paying adult as it was pushed massively as an idea to help with season tickets.

So they are reading and listening and taking on ideas from fans.

Re: ' CCFC MINI-UPDATE - FREE TICKETS TO WATCH CITY '

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Certainly sounds as if they are listening and making a genuine effort to do what they can.

There might some strange characters in the directors box mind if they go ahead with that idea! :o

:lol: :thumbup:

Re: ' CCFC MINI-UPDATE - GREAT NEWS '

Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Onwards and upwards :bluebird:

Great to City Cardiff going in the right direction and a lot of that is down to Slade :bluescarf:

Re: ' CCFC MINI-UPDATE - FREE TICKETS TO WATCH CITY '

Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:33 pm

davids wrote:Certainly sounds as if they are listening and making a genuine effort to do what they can.

There might some strange characters in the directors box mind if they go ahead with that idea! :o

:lol: :thumbup:

They are indeed listening. :bluescarf:

The management seemed very keen on rewarding loyalty and rightly so it's a step in the right direction. :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Onwards and upwards :bluebird:

Great to City Cardiff going in the right direction and a lot of that is down to Slade :bluescarf:

Certainly going the right way, long may it continue :thumbup:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Overnight we went from selling 900 to 1500 tickets :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah ,right !

Come on Carl.

The club's official Twitter were saying we'd sold 1000+ on Monday.

Whoever told you and anyone else that it was less than 1000 was either winding you up or just simply wrong.

It happens. I can remember telling all my mates that Jones was sacked after Dayo posted it on here.
Looked a bit silly when he was still there after.

No way did we sell 600 overnight.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Carl, this is excellent news (including the Derby tickets) and Ken Choo and the club are to be commended for their forward thinking! :thumbup:

Good suggestion by yourself, too! :ayatollah:

I was at the club this afternoon and had a very brief chat with Mr Choo. He seems a very approachable man who takes interest in what fan think! :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:22 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Overnight we went from selling 900 to 1500 tickets :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah ,right !

Come on Carl.

The club's official Twitter were saying we'd sold 1000+ on Monday.

Whoever told you and anyone else that it was less than 1000 was either winding you up or just simply wrong.

It happens. I can remember telling all my mates that Jones was sacked after Dayo posted it on here.
Looked a bit silly when he was still there after.

No way did we sell 600 overnight.

Tim, ring Mona in the ticket office and ask her,
She is the manager as you know and ask her I know you got her number.

When you speak to her come back on here and tell us what she said, cause she told me at 2.30pm this afternoon we went from 900 to 1,500 overnight.

Re: ' CCFC MINI-UPDATE - BRILLIANT NEWS '

Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:34 pm

ALL GOOD NEWS Carlos :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Let's be fair there's always 1 tw*t and this weeks award goes to Lawnmower!!!

Who gives a f**k if we sold 1 or 1449 tickets overnight the fact is we got a solid 1500 so stop slagging people off for passing on the info they have been given and just concentrate all your efforts for Reading on Sat this petty in fighting does no one no good.

One Team, One Love, Cardiff City

Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Do you know the cost on the gate for adult and u 16?

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:07 pm

Great work by the club but its a shame that my student nephew can't join me and my son in the Family Stand for £99.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:18 pm

How is any of this down to Slade , it's just marketing. The football is still not good.The man is not actual genius. Let's hope the result goes our way tomorrow. :sladeout: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Pay in the gate tomorrow in that case another two Bluebirds on their way tomorrow. Thanks for the update fellahs!? :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Some great news there Carl, the club slowly working towards getting things right :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:26 pm

Heading in the right direction credit to the club

Choo is the best thing that's happened to the club in a very long time

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:32 pm

Brianclark5 wrote:How is any of this down to Slade , it's just marketing. The football is still not good.The man is not actual genius. Let's hope the result goes our way tomorrow. :sladeout: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wasn't aware slade was mentioned in this article!!! So why mention him negatively?

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Walked past Ken Choo on the way to the ticket office today and there wasn't any mention of a Derby free ticket offer then.

In fact I almost photobombed the exact photo on the website!

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:42 pm

Great news Carl on the Reading sales. Any news on Season Ticket sales so far? Will be renewing mine this weekend. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:46 pm

I'm in the announcement video buying tickets but they couldn't even tell me when I was there! :lol:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:52 pm

Aramore wrote:I'm in the announcement video buying tickets but they couldn't even tell me when I was there! :lol:

That's pretty bad :o still will get them though :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:01 pm

Brianclark5 wrote:How is any of this down to Slade , it's just marketing. The football is still not good.The man is not actual genius. Let's hope the result goes our way tomorrow. :sladeout: :bluebird: :bluebird:

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: boo boys theead for you

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:20 pm

In fairness to Lawnmower Cardiff City tweeted on Monday that the initial 1,000 tickets had sold out and that we had been allocated 300 more so someone has got their wires crossed somewhere in the club.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:22 pm

carl when can we claim our free tickets for derby great idea by club :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:38 pm

pengamblue wrote:carl when can we claim our free tickets for derby great idea by club :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Now mate if youve ordered your new season ticket. Done mine online takes 2 minutes.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:49 pm

RV Casual wrote:In fairness to Lawnmower Cardiff City tweeted on Monday that the initial 1,000 tickets had sold out and that we had been allocated 300 more so someone has got their wires crossed somewhere in the club.

That's the whole point I've been making.

I was at the club this morning and they told me 1500 were sold then- and by the way there was no one else there.

It can't have gone from over 1000 sold on Monday to less than 1000 on Thursday to 1500 on Friday morning.

Someone has been taking the piss.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:25 pm

It's just guna take good results and patience now. Things are still healing but we're heading in the right direction

Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:39 am

nubbsy wrote:It's just guna take good results and patience now. Things are still healing but we're heading in the right direction

Agree with this. We have been through something not many clubs have had to deal with, but are now slowly coming through it onwards and upwards :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:29 am

BaltimoreBlues wrote:
nubbsy wrote:It's just guna take good results and patience now. Things are still healing but we're heading in the right direction

Agree with this. We have been through something not many clubs have had to deal with, but are now slowly coming through it onwards and upwards :bluescarf:

Yeah, the way I see it were on the bottom of an upward curve. A play off run (even if we don't win) will do us and possibly st sales for next season a world of good. We need to stop focusing on those not there and focuss on enjoying ourselves

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:55 am

All good from the club,cant fault them at the moment.
Another thing that would be cool from the club is to do a train season ticket to allow fans to get to Cardiff by train on matchdays.