Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/OPINION " CARDIFF'S PLAY OFF HOPES STAY ALIVE "

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:04 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

" CARDIFF'S PLAY OFF HOPES STAY ALIVE "

Cardiff once again gave a second half performance to grab a point and keep their play off hopes alive.

The first half City did not create much and we're lucky to be only 1-0 down at half-time.

Two players stood out for me today Lex Immers and Simon Moore :ayatollah:

READING 1 CARDIFF CITY 1

Simon Moore, Peltier, Connolly, Manga, Malone; Noone, O'Keefe, Ralls, Lawrence; Immers, Pilkington

Subs: Wilson, Fabio, Morrison, Gunnarsson, Dikgacoi, Ameobi, Saadi

Crowd 17,407
Away Support Approx 1,800 Cardiff fans

City had their biggest away following for 2 years today at Reading :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Cardiff City went in to this game after winning three of their last four league games and looking to get in to a play off position,whilst Reading had,had a poor season and have just stayed just above relegation. City were looking and expected to get three points today'.

The match started quietly and broke in to life in the 14th min with Simon Moore making a one on one safe then City going up the other end and hit the bar.

As the game went on it was end to end with Reading creating the better chances.

Then in the 36th minute Gareth McCleary scored an excellent goal, turned with the ball and Moore no chance 0-1 Reading :cry:

It could of got worse Reading then missed a one on one with Moore and shot wide.

Half-time Reading 1 CCFC 0

15 mins in and City still had not created much.

64th min Noone and Okeefe came off, to be replaced for Amrobi and Gunnarsson.

Sammy Ameobi pull the ball in the box for Immers to put the ball in the net 1-1 in the 69th min :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

City then started to create more and the game came to life.

Full -time READING 1 CARDIFF CITY 1

My man of the match Simon Moore :ayatollah:

Up next Derby County home on April 6th.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION " CARDIFF'S PLAY OFF HOPES STAY ALIVE "

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:07 pm

We're still in it :bluebird:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:11 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:We're still in it :bluebird:

Def :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:21 pm

On bus back to reading. We done ok 2nd half 1st half imo we didn't contest enough. But 2nd half looked a lot better esp when Sammy came on to be fair. Shit normally but burst straight in to the action my mom immers non stop running again :ayatollah: and a goal :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:31 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:On bus back to reading. We done ok 2nd half 1st half imo we didn't contest enough. But 2nd half looked a lot better esp when Sammy came on to be fair. Shit normally but burst straight in to the action my mom immers non stop running again :ayatollah: and a goal :bluescarf:

We created nothing in the first half and the second half we did enough to earn a draw.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:43 pm

Think we owe Sheffield wed one, the way their fans ridiculed us when we missed out on pkay offs when they beat us 1.0, what goes round comes around, I think we can go there last away game and beat them.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:45 pm

langley wrote:Think we owe Sheffield wed one, the way their fans ridiculed us when we missed out on pkay offs when they beat us 1.0, what goes round comes around, I think we can go there last away game and beat them.

Now that would be good pay back time beating them at Sheff Wed on their own turf. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis We are well in it but looking at fixtures left we will fail by 4 points or more ! Hope not though I want a Wembley date again!! :bluescarf:

langley wrote:Think we owe Sheffield wed one, the way their fans ridiculed us when we missed out on pkay offs when they beat us 1.0, what goes round comes around, I think we can go there last away game and beat them.

:ayatollah: defo :thumbup:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis We are well in it but looking at fixtures left we will fail by 4 points or more ! Hope not though I want a Wembley date again!! :bluescarf:

Allan, under Slade I really can't tell how we will end up, but I def will not write us off :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan, under Slade I really can't tell how we will end up, but I def will not write us off :ayatollah: :bluebird:

No not until it's mathematically sure we are out of it? Still need that 4 game wining run but cannot see it. :old:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No not until it's mathematically sure we are out of it? Still need that 4 game wining run but cannot see it. :old:

Allan, We def need a winning run to make that top 6 and stat in it to the end of the season.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:25 pm

Derby run in is horrible,we still play them at home and they have to play Wednesday (both can't win) I like straw clutching.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:Derby run in is horrible,we still play them at home and they have to play Wednesday (both can't win) I like straw clutching.

And Derby struggle to be consistent :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Hope I'm.wrong but can't see it with our current squad and manager I will keep the faith as always but Sheffield Wednesday would be a great day if we are still in itall though we pull it off when the odds are against us. Did you see Brighton they took 7000 to mk dons

Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Simon Moore was great today, and needed to be as both our centre backs had an off day.

Bring on the Rams!!!!!

Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:43 pm

Driscoll1979 wrote:Hope I'm.wrong but can't see it with our current squad and manager I will keep the faith as always but Sheffield Wednesday would be a great day if we are still in itall though we pull it off when the odds are against us. Did you see Brighton they took 7000 to mk dons

Slade can still very much do it for us, but it does worry me he can't be consistent, but I 100% think this will go down to the last couple of games, it can be exciting but very worrying at times :lol:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Simon Moore was great today, and needed to be as both our centre backs had an off day.

Bring on the Rams!!!!!

John, Yes well impressed with Simon Moore today :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:16 pm

I think a draw was the right result today. We didn't deserve to lose but we didn't do enough to win.

Huge game against Derby now.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I think a draw was the right result today. We didn't deserve to lose but we didn't do enough to win.

Huge game against Derby now.

A draw was a fair result today Ned :thumbright: :thumbright: they were the better team in the first half, us in the second half.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:34 pm

I hope I'm wrong and Sheffield will be a great day to get in the play offs,Slade has done well with what he's had to do but there are going to be some class teams.in the play offs hull,borough could be in there but we got to keep the faith :bluebird:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:42 pm

Driscoll1979 wrote:I hope I'm wrong and Sheffield will be a great day to get in the play offs,Slade has done well with what he's had to do but there are going to be some class teams.in the play offs hull,borough could be in there but we got to keep the faith :bluebird:

Your right there,if we make the play offs we will come up against the best in this division and thats as far as we could end up,but for me Slade will have been successful this season.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:13 am

We will draw with Derby , lose to Burnley. We haven't been in the top six all season., but who knows what others will do in the next couple of games. Slade hasn't got the nous to get us in the play offs. Hopefully he will be gone sooner rather than later. :sladeout:

Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:56 am

Brianclark5 wrote:We will draw with Derby , lose to Burnley. We haven't been in the top six all season., but who knows what others will do in the next couple of games. Slade hasn't got the nous to get us in the play offs. Hopefully he will be gone sooner rather than later. :sladeout:

Brian, We have been in the top 6 this season, but not for long.
The next few games are very very tough, who knows?

Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Brianclark5 wrote:We will draw with Derby , lose to Burnley. We haven't been in the top six all season., but who knows what others will do in the next couple of games. Slade hasn't got the nous to get us in the play offs. Hopefully he will be gone sooner rather than later. :sladeout:

Derby game is going to be massive. Which is why I believe the club has chosen it to reward us with free tickets for ST renewals :ayatollah: Hopefully we can get a good crowd with a good atmosphere and push us on. Surely a must win game and definitely a no lose game :bluebird:

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:43 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Derby game is going to be massive. Which is why I believe the club has chosen it to reward us with free tickets for ST renewals :ayatollah: Hopefully we can get a good crowd with a good atmosphere and push us on. Surely a must win game and definitely a no lose game :bluebird:

We should get at least 20,000 as they will bring 2,000 fans, we are giving away 10,000 Free tickets and its a very important game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: