Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SEASON TICKETS ?? '

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:59 am

' SEASON TICKETS ?? '

The club has sold 8,000 season tickets already for next season, thanks to the pricing structure and City fans are responding positively to those prices.

Even though on the pitch the club are doing better than expected but I still don't envisage us being a Premier League club next season.

If as I suspect City are a Championship club next season how many season tickets do you think we will sell ?

Personally I think it will be around 13,000 which would be an increase on this season but obviously with the catchment area of the club and the pricing I believe we should be several thousand higher than that.

How many do you think we will sell next season if we are in the Championship ?

Obviously if we did gain promotion then we would sell another 10,000+ season tickets.

Re: ' SEASON TICKETS ?? '

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:04 am

positivity gone carlos ??

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:09 am

DEANO wrote:positivity gone carlos ??

Deano, If I am honest I don't see us going up this season,do you?

I hope I am wrong and Slade proves me wrong again :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:11 am

Not al all Deano.

I have believed since October that Slade and this team could make the play offs but never ever thought we would go the full distance, love to be wrong on that one though.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:22 am

Feel similar. Think there is some strong play off opposition to get past which personally I think over the 2 legs we wouldn't be good enough

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:24 am

carlccfc wrote:' SEASON TICKETS ?? '

The club has sold 8,000 season tickets already for next season, thanks to the pricing structure and City fans are responding positively to those prices.

Even though on the pitch the club are doing better than expected but I still don't envisage us being a Premier League club next season.

If as I suspect City are a Championship club next season how many season tickets do you think we will sell ?

Personally I think it will be around 13,000 which would be an increase on this season but obviously with the catchment area of the club and the pricing I believe we should be several thousand higher than that.

How many do you think we will sell next season if we are in the Championship ?

Obviously if we did gain promotion then we would sell another 10,000+ season tickets.

13000 probably a accurate number if we stay championship. But guessing with the low ST prices the walk up could be classed as reasonable next season.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:27 am

We have made such huge strides off the pitch in the last few months, that any success on the pitch I see as a bonus. That's how I feel, the club are re establishing the connection that to me is the most important thing this season. I will go with13,000 - 14,000 but if we are in the play offs the glory fan will hit the panic button and it will pass 15-16 thousand. :thumbup:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:30 am

Might get slated for this but i prefer championship match day experience to the premiership. Not saying I wouldnt want us to get there mind. :bluebird:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:35 am

Stringfellow wrote:We have made such huge strides off the pitch in the last few months, that any success on the pitch I see as a bonus. That's how I feel, the club are re establishing the connection that to me is the most important thing this season. I will go with13,000 - 14,000 but if we are in the play offs the glory fan will hit the panic button and it will pass 15-16 thousand. :thumbup:

Agree fully, as a club we appear to be heading in the right direction, it won't be solved overnight but will take time to win over the hearts and minds of the fans.

This season has exceeded my expectations both on and off the pitch and hopefully there is more to come. :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:38 am

Mike Strinati wrote:Might get slated for this but i prefer championship match day experience to the premiership. Not saying I wouldnt want us to get there mind. :bluebird:

I have enjoyed the most part of our time in the Championship too, I remember in the early 2000's hoping to become a club that would often challenge in and around the play off for a number of years then making the step up to the Premier League, we did that but unfortunately we know what happened there.

We took huge strides forward and have taken some falls backwards but I don't think we are back at square one but it is a long rebuilding process that we must go through and in the meantime I will continue to enjoy the Championship if that is our fate for the foreseeable :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:30 am

Deano, to be fair to Carl, when everyone turned their backs on Slade including Annis & myself, Carl stayed positive & loyal to him. Of course we should be selling more than 13,000 season tickets, we're a top ten Championship club fighting for promotion. We should be selling at least between 16k-20k. Unfortunately I can't see us making the play offs either due to a lack of consistency but I hope I'm proved wrong :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:37 am

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:

Deano, to be fair to Carl, when everyone turned their backs on Slade including Annis & myself, Carl stayed positive & loyal to him. Of course we should be selling more than 13,000 season tickets, we're a top ten Championship club fighting for promotion. We should be selling at least between 16k-20k. Unfortunately I can't see us making the play offs either due to a lack of consistency but I hope I'm proved wrong :ayatollah:

Spot on Mason, Carl's always been positive :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:13 pm

If get 13k ST holders next year with our Ave 3k to 4k walk up crowd will have around 18k crowds next season, in context of championship would be good crowds? Always hope for more but live in hope. :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:47 pm

Lets be realistic. When Malky's team was pushing for the PL we had 20,000+ season ticket holders. That is not a statement of a Malky-love-in but FACT. That it now is said that 13,000, at a reduced price, would be a good figure shows how much we have fallen in a couple of seasons.

StT.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:55 pm

How do we claim our 2 free tickets for derby

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:12 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:How do we claim our 2 free tickets for derby

Either ring up the club with your name/address etc or pop down there in person :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:21 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Lets be realistic. When Malky's team was pushing for the PL we had 20,000+ season ticket holders. That is not a statement of a Malky-love-in but FACT. That it now is said that 13,000, at a reduced price, would be a good figure shows how much we have fallen in a couple of seasons.

StT.

We had 15k ST before malky because of golden ticket, it shows give what fans want and things will improve! :thumbup:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:37 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Lets be realistic. When Malky's team was pushing for the PL we had 20,000+ season ticket holders. That is not a statement of a Malky-love-in but FACT. That it now is said that 13,000, at a reduced price, would be a good figure shows how much we have fallen in a couple of seasons.

StT.

Steve I agree and its going to be a hard long slog to get them back, our club has to work with the fans closely :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:13 pm

13000 sounds about right if we stay in the Championship but if Wales have a good Euro 16 there could be a good feel factor bounce.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:34 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:13000 sounds about right if we stay in the Championship but if Wales have a good Euro 16 there could be a good feel factor bounce.

I agree, for me it's the shoots of recovery and it wI'll take time. Am always one to look forward but the recent things done by the club are common sense and what you would expect, it's called running a business. Simple but effective. :thumbup: