Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SURELY NOW THE RUSSELL SLADE? '

Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:02 am

' SURELY NOW THE RUSSELL SLADE DOUBTERS? '

Surely now those that have doubted Russell Slade,even those that have made the excuse that they won't go and watch Cardiff City because of Slade and the football that has been played in the last 18months,can now actually give the man some praise?

I remember going to away matches early this season and asking where are all our fans? and being told they won't return whilst Slade is manager,I thought then,what a feeble excuse,well that excuse can now go out the window as they say.

The players are playing for him and lets be fair we don't get scandalous stories coming out about our players like we have under previous managers,we just hear that players are fighting for their places.

As Ive said many times before I was never a Slade fan,Ive even told that to Slade himself,but as this season progressed he slowly won me over and in fact I've actually started to believe he might go even further and shock football by taking our club up,who knows?

All I can say is Slade has surpassed anything I thought we would do this season under him. We have one of the best home records in English football,always been knocking on the door of the play-offs and on big occasions like yesterday against a multi £million Derby County team,City swept them aside.

So now theres no more excuses for Cardiff City fans,we have three remaining home fixtures left, which could see us make the play-offs, solets get at least 20,000 for everyone of them :ayatollah: :bluebird:

16/04/2016 15:00 Cardiff City v Queens Park Rangers

23/04/2016 15:00 Cardiff City v Bolton Wanderers

07/05/2016 12:30 Cardiff City v Birmingham City

Russell Slade can barely contain himself :ayatollah: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' SURELY NOW THE RUSSELL SLADE? '

Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:43 am

Well said and agree 100%.

No more excuses

Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:45 am

It's always been a shit excuse IMHO.

Slade has done a great job in difficult circumstances.

The squad and team are lacking in many ways, but they fight for each other in a way I haven't seen since the May and Burrows side.

We are weak out wide and today were close to being bullied off the pitch, but the likes of Peltier, O'Keefe, Immers, Manga, Morrison, Pilkington are leaders who won't take a backward step. Derby were by far the more talented side, but they had too many playing for themselves, not for the team.

We also had an academy product out there today who was head and shoulders better than their multi million midfielders, a lad who's destined for big things and who has gone under the radar, a superb all round footballer in Joe Ralls.

O'Keefe - a free transfer, was man of the match, what an inspired signing he's turned out to be.

Peltier - another free, was also excellent, and if you read the other player's Twitter accounts is a popular character.

I don't expect us to go up, but after last year I'm so pleased our season is still alive in April.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:24 am

I'm glad Annis, that Slade has won you round as he has received terrible personal abuse regarding his perceived lack of football management experience and style of play.
He had a massive job to do when he arrived with a bloated squad that he was under orders to cut the wage bill, which he has achieved and he decided on a 442 system which a lot of people on here criticised him for.
He has been given the time to get the right players and mould them into a competitive team who play for each other in his style of play.
Some of his signings did not work out but no manager even Sir Alex Ferguson got every signing right and Slade has done wonders for the morale of everyone, players and supporters.
We still have some tough games coming up but we have a good chance to make the play offs, however even if we don't Slade will have done a great job this season and should be given a new contract.
We as fans have an important part to play as there are no excuses not to come out and support the team, so let's really get behind the team for the remaining 7 games and who knows what we can achieve.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:28 am

I have always been 100 per cent behind him, doing a job that no other manager probably wants for low championship manager wages. He came to Cardiff at a bad time in our clubs history.
Our fans were writing him off before he came to Cardiff as he wasn't a top name.
I know at times the football hasn't been great but just look at clubs like man Utd, city and Arsenal.
With a home record like ours, then he deserves our support.
We need a long term manager. To sack a manager does no service to its club or supporters in the long term.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:41 am

Lest we forget. There is one man who brought him to the club. And one man who has kept him here. Vincent Tan

And since Tan's announcement on the debt to equity the atmosphere around the club has been transformed.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:11 am

Lawnmower wrote:It's always been a shit excuse IMHO.

The squad and team are lacking in many ways, but they fight for each other in a way I haven't seen since the May and Burrows side.

We are weak out wide and today were close to being bullied off the pitch, but the likes of Peltier, O'Keefe, Immers, Manga, Morrison, Pilkington are leaders who won't take a backward step. Derby were by far the more talented side, but they had too many playing for themselves, not for the team.

We also had an academy product out there today who was head and shoulders better than their multi million midfielders, a lad who's destined for big things and who has gone under the radar, a superb all round footballer in Joe Ralls.

O'Keefe - a free transfer, was man of the match, what an inspired signing he's turned out to be.

Peltier - another free, was also excellent, and if you read the other player's Twitter accounts is a popular character.

I don't expect us to go up, but after last year I'm so pleased our season is still alive in April.

100% agree with this. How many were expecting a boring run in from February with nothing to play for? ? When it could go down to last game of season and beyond. ....... :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:44 am

BlueVanman wrote:Well said and agree 100%.

No more excuses

100% No more excuses,they've had their Free day out,now its time they supported our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:47 am

Tim, Yes we are lacking in some ways,if we were not we would be top of the Championship. But Slade has got this team fighting for each other and playing some decent football,along with a superb home record,what more do people want :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

O'Keefe and Peltier both have turned out good assets to our first team :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:' SURELY NOW THE RUSSELL SLADE DOUBTERS? '

Surely now those that have doubted Russell Slade,even those that have made the excuse that they won't go and watch Cardiff City because of Slade and the football that has been played in the last 18months,can now actually give the man some praise?

I remember going to away matches early this season and asking where are all our fans? and being told they won't return whilst Slade is manager,I thought then,what a feeble excuse,well that excuse can now go out the window as they say.

The players are playing for him and lets be fair we don't get scandalous stories coming out about our players like we have under previous managers,we just hear that players are fighting for their places.

As Ive said many times before I was never a Slade fan,Ive even told that to Slade himself,but as this season progressed he slowly won me over and in fact I've actually started to believe he might go even further and shock football by taking our club up,who knows?

All I can say is Slade has surpassed anything I thought we would do this season under him. We have one of the best home records in English football,always been knocking on the door of the play-offs and on big occasions like yesterday against a multi £million Derby County team,City swept them aside.

So now theres no more excuses for Cardiff City fans,we have three remaining home fixtures left, which could see us make the play-offs, solets get at least 20,000 for everyone of them :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Yes it is true Annis you were anti-Slade at the start of the season but I always had the feeling you had a doubt. I remember a thread from Vince Alm just before the season started where he stated he had a good feeling about this season and was confident Slade would prove everyone wrong. I remember you stating you hoped that would be true and urged the supporters to return to CCS.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:52 am

Great thread and gives an explanation to why Slade has been successful in turning the tide.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:34 am

I was not impressed with the slade appointment at the beginning,but let's be honest what a job he's done,he's had to accept selling players and dealing with next to no money,he's won me over big time

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:18 pm

Driving home i was full to the brim having humble pie as my main dish :old:

Well done slade and the team

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:21 pm

erinsown wrote:Driving home i was full to the brim having humble pie as my main dish :old:

Well done slade and the team

:lol: :ayatollah:

I thought his time was up after losing to Shrewsbury, he is able to motivate a team and has been good for the club. I think Slade will stay manager for a long long time due to his good relationship with Tan and good results.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Well done to Slade and the team and it is proving to be a masterstroke from Tan in bringing him in and on peanuts. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:12 pm

As you know Annis I ain't a Russ fan but I don't give him any grief apart from fall asleep now and again :laughing6: :laughing6: But I will now judge him at the end of the season. Between now and the end of the season I am 100% behind Russ and his players. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:13 pm

January was a big turning point. Absolute nightmare situation for any manager yet ends up with a better team/squad.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:15 pm

Slade deserves a massive pay rise no matter where we end up in a few weeks.

I hope he's allowed to stay if we go up too. Players clearly like him and are showing strong togetherness. That's something which takes time and no amount of money can buy.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:24 pm

ashi83 wrote:Slade deserves a massive pay rise no matter where we end up in a few weeks.

I hope he's allowed to stay if we go up too. Players clearly like him and are showing strong togetherness. That's something which takes time and no amount of money can buy.

Well said and Derby could learn a thing or two by that. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:52 pm

I to thought Slade wasn't up to the job, humble pie time I guess,

Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:27 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' SURELY NOW THE RUSSELL SLADE DOUBTERS? '

Yes it is true Annis you were anti-Slade at the start of the season but I always had the feeling you had a doubt. I remember a thread from Vince Alm just before the season started where he stated he had a good feeling about this season and was confident Slade would prove everyone wrong. I remember you stating you hoped that would be true and urged the supporters to return to CCS.

Tony, as time was going by,lade has grown on me and proved many doubters wrong including myself, You are right,I was not a fan of him and never really Anti Slade either. I am till worried by some of his signings.
I really want him to go all the way,now that would be another fairy tale story :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:34 am

I am now beginning to doubt Slade. :sladeout:

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:10 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I am now beginning to doubt Slade. :sladeout:

lol

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:07 pm

erinsown wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:I am now beginning to doubt Slade. :sladeout:

lol