THE LATEST FROM PETER RIDSDALE " EXCLUSIVE:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Just had a very good chat with Peter.

The meeting is DEF Going ahead on Monday evening 7pm for All city Fans.
I have agreed to Ban the Media. Peter feels he will be able to talk more open and Freely without them there.

Also Peter Said Sam has not signed and we still need him to,as we would then have a lot more funds available.?
There is also a court case with Langston in January and Peter Needs Sam to agree to cancel it.

Peter says he is looking forward to telling the fans all the latest and what has been really happening, but he will not speak to our local media again.
He will also reveal what is coming in and out of Our Club in January 2010.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: THE LATEST FROM PETER RIDSDALE " EXCLUSIVE:

Postby CCFC WORCESTER » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Nice one Annis, thanks for the update.
Peter
CCFC WORCESTER

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:15 pm

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:Nice one Annis, thanks for the update.
Peter

Cheers rem, I am only passing on the info, it does not mean I believe everything.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ben » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:15 pm

same old spin from the w*nker

can't somone go rough sam up abit, make him sign, gangster style ??

riddler speaks and after a few pints people leave loving him, i bet he's going through the script for that evening as we speak!
My Opinion!
Ben

Postby TNT » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:28 pm

"He will also reveal what is coming in and out of Our Club in January 2010."

How would he know this in December ?. More spin than a tumble dryer.

Total nonsense statement.
TNT

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:31 pm

TNT wrote:"He will also reveal what is coming in and out of Our Club in January 2010."

How would he know this in December ?. More spin than a tumble dryer.

Total nonsense statement.

He is on about the Money side, not players lol

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby birchblue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:35 pm

in 5mil from the sale of matthews out 5mill on unpaid bills
birchblue

Postby Ben » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:35 pm

The echo will send somone in camera'd up like they did with the sam meeting after the leeds game!!

hate the echo, always printing crap , very poor journo's
My Opinion!
Ben

Postby pontlliwblue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Agree Ben, very egg orientated. Would request all City fans to keep their eyes peeled for undercover press and make sure they are removed pronto, just like Dave Giles they're only happy when printing negative football stories.
pontlliwblue

Postby Steve the Tea TM (c) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks, Annis, for the update. Like most, if not all fans, my emotions have ranged from up to down in a very short space of time yet again. Therefore Monday's meeting is one I'm looking forward to.

The Riddler's stance to ban the local media is one with which I totally agree. It would appear the local hacks got the wrong end of the stick with the recent income tax court appearance, if we are to believe PR. Not for the first time the locals news' boffins have printed a false story to sell papers when the true one would not have shifted copies. In brackets I should add, that Dave Jones' attitude towards them in the press conferences has been very poor, even sarcastic, quite often.

Concerning the Club's position at present, for all the negativity around which may be well founded due to immediate cash-flow problems, let's trust that the Riddler will have better news on Monday.

StT.
Steve the Tea TM (c)

Postby darko » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote: Thanks, Annis, for the update. Like most, if not all fans, my emotions have ranged from up to down in a very short space of time yet again. Therefore Monday's meeting is one I'm looking forward to.

The Riddler's stance to ban the local media is one with which I totally agree. It would appear the local hacks got the wrong end of the stick with the recent income tax court appearance, if we are to believe PR. Not for the first time the locals news' boffins have printed a false story to sell papers when the true one would not have shifted copies. In brackets I should add, that Dave Jones' attitude towards them in the press conferences has been very poor, even sarcastic, quite often.

Concerning the Club's position at present, for all the negativity around which may be well founded due to immediate cash-flow problems, let's trust that the Riddler will have better news on Monday.

StT.

heres hoping for something positive to come from the meeting! its like being on a bloody ghost train at the moment . aint got a clue whats coming at you! cheers for the update annis .
darko

Postby RichardBluebird » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just had a very good chat with Peter.

The meeting is DEF Going ahead on Monday evening 7pm for All city Fans.
I have agreed to Ban the Media. Peter feels he will be able to talk more open and Freely without them there.

Also Peter Said Sam has not signed and we still need him to,as we would then have a lot more funds available.?
There is also a court case with Langston in January and Peter Needs Sam to agree to cancel it.

Peter says he is looking forward to telling the fans all the latest and what has been really happening, but he will not speak to our local media again.
He will also reveal what is coming in and out of Our Club in January 2010.

Were doomed I tell you.................
RichardBluebird

Postby Ben » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:59 pm

annis, sort out some bouncers for the night, stand on the door, don't want the vermin echo there

if i see any ill chuck them out myself , fooking jurno crap, the last meeting we had , terry was there like a rat up a drainpipe, laughing and genrally being a prick
My Opinion!
Ben

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote: Thanks, Annis, for the update. Like most, if not all fans, my emotions have ranged from up to down in a very short space of time yet again. Therefore Monday's meeting is one I'm looking forward to.

StT.

Cheers Steve

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Nottage Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Annis, I was looking forward to coming, but with all the anti-Echo stuff, I'm not so sure I will be safe there :lol: :lol:
Nottage Blue

Postby yorkie » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:07 pm

If he is serious about banning the media will he ban the Echo rag sellers from outside the ground ?
yorkie

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:10 pm

yorkie wrote:If he is serious about banning the media will he ban the Echo rag sellers from outside the ground ?

Yes they are DEF Banned.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby keith pontin » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:42 pm

It appears to me that PR was desperate to keep the HMRC court date out of public knowledge so that:
- the fans didnt know where their early season ticket money was going
- the football league didnt impose sanctions (not a good idea)
- (maybe) the new investors were not fully in the picture

I do not have much time for the echo but for once they have come up with something interesting
keith pontin

Postby Dreamlike or Chic » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Not happy at all about this. The Echo printed a factual story. HMRC presented a winding-up petition against us in the High Court. It's a matter of public record and even PR isn't denying it happened. if it weren't for the Echo, very few if any of us would ever have known it happened. PR's explanation is laughable. Why would they present such a petition if they had agreed a payment plan?

Banning the media for telling the truth is not a step forward unless you want to play into PR's hands. Besides, how's he gonna stop reports from the meeting being posted for everyone to see? Get everyone to sign a confidentiality agreement on the way in? I don't think so.

The club is is the shit not because the Echo printed this story but because the local media hasn't done enough to investigate and challenge the maladministration that's been going on down there for years.

Don't shoot the messenger, boys.
Dreamlike or Chic

Postby TNT » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:Not happy at all about this. The Echo printed a factual story. HMRC presented a winding-up petition against us in the High Court. It's a matter of public record and even PR isn't denying it happened. if it weren't for the Echo, very few if any of us would ever have known it happened. PR's explanation is laughable. Why would they present such a petition if they had agreed a payment plan?

Banning the media for telling the truth is not a step forward unless you want to play into PR's hands. Besides, how's he gonna stop reports from the meeting being posted for everyone to see? Get everyone to sign a confidentiality agreement on the way in? I don't think so.

The club is is the shit not because the Echo printed this story but because the local media hasn't done enough to investigate and challenge the maladministration that's been going on down there for years.

Don't shoot the messenger, boys.

I have to agree with that sentiment and you make some very valid points. It clearly is playing into the Chairman's hands and he's never going to be able to sensor all that is discussed.

Banning Newspapers shows big strains of pressure, other wise the Newspapers actions would be laughed at by the chairman if he was in the position of gaining big investment, in fact you would think he would be ringing the press to shout it from the roof tops.

Golden rule is never ban the press they will simply just turn against you. With Ridsdale's own personal tax affairs recently been in the public domain via the press it probably was not the wisest tactful move, he's making himself a target, let's hope for his sake that hes paid that one and kept to his press statement that it would be paid and cleared by Christmas.
TNT

Postby nerd » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:16 pm

Gotta love people like TNT thinking the local media are big shots.

Banning Times, Guardian, sure.

Mickey mouse journos on Mickey Mouse papers spinning stories like the court case in an overly sensationalist manner to gain "fame" to hopefully gain a national media job funnily enough haven't the clout people here attribute to them.

If people actually bothered reading the story, the pertinent comment is from an expert on football finances, a professor at Liverpool Uni who points out HMRC have issued a few of these recently, sabre rattling. That NO winding up order has occured for any of the clubs as a consequence; indeed, said expert also points out that we must not be in too bad a state as we've been given longer to pay than the other clubs.

THAT is buried on the inside page.

"CCFC in court" is prominent page 1.

I've no problem with Ridsdale banning the Echo. The journalistic standards are apalling. The sports side is every bit as bad as the general news section - good journos, Lovejoy, Rob Phillips went on to bigger and better things, we're now saddled with dross.

Mind, Terry Phillips / Mark Doom should be permabanned for their ridiculous markings of players, tbh.
nerd

Postby CCFC Toronto » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:22 pm

Annis ........... Nice one, totally agree with the "ban".
CCFC Toronto

Postby nerd » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:35 pm

Oh, and the Echo / Walesonline credibility?

Stephen McPhail article, talking about the messages received. Online version this morning, contained Ridsdale's comments about the Echo at the bottom.

No cheap shot there.
nerd

Postby Lawnmower » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:47 pm

It looks childish to me. the club have used Terry Phillips and the echo for years. Nothing they have reported in the last few days has been scandalous, just the way it is.

Not like PR to lose his cool, and that worries me.

Like the man said, no matter what, keep the press ON YoUr SIDE.

PR has more to lose than the Echo does, they will sell just as many papers by digging up dirt as they will quoting his smooth words.

CCFC fell out with Real Radio a few years ago and I would say that in general the station still sems to favour Swansea over us.
Lawnmower

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:48 pm

darko wrote:

StT.

Your welcome Darko.
heres hoping for something positive to come from the meeting! its like being on a bloody ghost train at the moment . aint got a clue whats coming at you! cheers for the update annis .

Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat