Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' WE NOW HAVE THE MOMENTUM '

Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:39 am

' WE NOW HAVE THE MOMENTUM '

The momentum is with Cardiff City as much as belief, and it is hard to see how they will not grow further in that,having proven more than a match for Burnley, a team who you would still back to win a place in the top two of the Championship.

City must take it with them to Fulham, though it is doubtful they will do so in the same style as they did at Turf Moor,City gave everything and raised their standard. They will require the same attitude where almost every player looked as if they could give no more come the final whistle,this might be needed for Cardiff's remaining 5 Championship games if we are to reach the play-offs.

Can Russell Slades men do it? I say Do not write them off,there is still plenty to play for and with last nights attitude,City may very well pull it off :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' WE NOW HAVE THE MOMENTUM '

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:01 am

Great point last night....for the 1st time in nearly 4 years we have become a consistent team which is hard to beat.

We just need to keep on picking up points and hopefully at least one of the teams above us will bottle it...personally I think it might be just a little bit too late as we are fast running out of games

Even if we miss the play offs this year the basis of a good team is there for next season...we somehow have to get out of the transfer embargo and get 2 or 3 quality players in to make us genuine contenders next season

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:18 am

We are certainly are contenders for the play-offs and it is other Championship sides who now fear us and not the other way around. Fulham will be tough as they need points for another reason but we have a resolute side more than capable of getting a positive result.

City win 3-1 :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:20 am

for the first time in yrs we have a team paying for the shirt and a team we can be proud of and even if we dont make it this year we will be in a great position to push on and look at automatic promotion next yr,we need to sign immers and also need to add a striker and a winger but if we could do that i believe we would be contending the championship title no problem

Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:54 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Great point last night....for the 1st time in nearly 4 years we have become a consistent team which is hard to beat.

We just need to keep on picking up points and hopefully at least one of the teams above us will bottle it...personally I think it might be just a little bit too late as we are fast running out of games

Even if we miss the play offs this year the basis of a good team is there for next season...we somehow have to get out of the transfer embargo and get 2 or 3 quality players in to make us genuine contenders next season

I agree, we're unlikely going to lose players and two decent strikers and a winger this team are contenders :thumbup: