Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW TODAY " WE CANT AFFORD TO KEEP DROPPING POINTS "

Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:55 pm

My View/Opinion

" WE CANT AFFORD TO KEEP DROPPING POINTS "

' FOR ME TODAY, THIS WAS THREE POINTS THROWN AWAY & THIS HAS TO STOP IF WE ARE TO MAKE THE PLAY -OFFS '

" NOT GOOD ENOUGH "

Its now virtually asking City to win 4 of their remain 5 games.

We are 5pts behind 6th place.

David Marshall had to make at least four excellent saves.

No side really took control of the game and it was never an exciting game.

The first half was even steven's with Marshall making two superb saves,but thankfully City hero Lex Immers scoring for City and then minutes later Morrison hit the post.

The good news was Bristol City 4 Sheff Wed 1 :ayatollah:

FULHAM 2 CARDIFF CITY 1

Crowd 17,149
Away Support 1,950 aprox City fans

Marshall, Peltier, Malone, Morrison, Manga, Gunnarsson, Ralls, Whittingham, Noone, Lawrence, Immers.

Subs: Moore, Fabio, Connolly, O'Keefe, Dikgacoi, Saadi, Zohore.

Nothing but a win was needed today,with games running out and City four points from the place that really matters, 6th position.
City today were facing a Fulham side who are just keeping their head above relegation,but do have one of the most prolific strikers in the Championship,ex City player Ross McCormack.

Both teams had early chances, with a Gunnarsson header saved.

25th min Marshall class save.
Then in the 27th min Marshall made another top class save from Ross McCormack :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wonderful assist from Gunnarsson in the 41st min, Immers headed home! Fulham 0 City 1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff almost had a second as a corner floated in and Morrison slammed it against the post.

City went in one nil up,but over all it was even steven's,but thankfully we got the goal.

Half-time Fulham 0 CCFC 1

With in seconds of the second-half, City players were fast asleep,terrible defending, Scott Parker made it 1-1 :cry:

It nearly got worse as Manga was beaten in the 55th min,but thankfully Marshall was there once again to save City :ayatollah:

City then started to dominate and Scott Malone missed a sitter in the 65th min by shooting over the goal :shock:

65min Zohore replaced Tom Lawrence.

Gunnarsson replaced by Saadi in the 82nd min.

Slade was now going for the win,but Fulham were also pressuring Cardiff and Marshall had to make another save.

Fulham scored in the 92nd min :o :shock:

Full-time Fulham 2 Cardiff City 1

My Man of the Match David Marshall :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Up Next QPR Home Next Saturday :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW TODAY " WE CANT AFFORD TO KEEP DROPPING POINTS "

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Lack of a recognised top quality striker was always going to cost us.

Still 5 games to go so not quite dead and buried yet...but probably going to need to win at Sheffield Wed and that's a big ask!!!

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:04 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Lack of a recognised top quality striker was always going to cost us.

Still 5 games to go so not quite dead and buried yet...but probably going to need to win at Sheffield Wed and that's a big ask!!!

Nothings a big ask its the championship.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:04 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Lack of a recognised top quality striker was always going to cost us.

Correct,No real striker.

Its not over yet,but not good today.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Hope from now we will play with proper strikers upfront like Zohore and Saadi instead of false ones like Pilkington and Lawrence.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Spent nothing this season. Look at all the teams in the top 6, all spent big.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:07 pm

Its now virtually asking City to win 4 of their remain 5 games.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:10 pm

I think the top 6 are just about there now as far as play offs are concerned. With our goal difference we are effectively 6 points behind with 5 to play. Not impossible for us to scrape into 6th spot, but looking very unlikely.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:13 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Hope from now we will play with proper strikers upfront like Zohore and Saadi instead of false ones like Pilkington and Lawrence.

Pilks has done well, Lawrence hmmmm?
Saadi, I dont understand why not start him?

Zohore,we need to see more of him.

BlueSince1908 wrote:Spent nothing this season. Look at all the teams in the top 6, all spent big.

Money talks.

Forever Blue wrote:Its now virtually asking City to win 4 of their remain 5 games.

Still not over let's see how Sheff Wed react next week against Ipswich :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think the top 6 are just about there now as far as play offs are concerned. With our goal difference we are effectively 6 points behind with 5 to play. Not impossible for us to scrape into 6th spot, but looking very unlikely.

Steve,I will never give up,but it does look more that way than ever after today.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think the top 6 are just about there now as far as play offs are concerned. With our goal difference we are effectively 6 points behind with 5 to play. Not impossible for us to scrape into 6th spot, but looking very unlikely.

Agree, sadly

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:15 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:

Agree, sadly

It is sad,as I really thought we could do it.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Agree, sadly

Yes gutting but as I said on other post. Keep our heads up and be strong , loud and proud against Qpr Saturday. And remember we didn't anticipate being in this position at the start of season :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:19 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Agree, sadly

Yes gutting but as I said on other post. Keep our heads up and be strong , loud and proud against Qpr Saturday. And remember we didn't anticipate being in this position at the start of season :ayatollah:

Thats the spirit :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BlueSince1908 wrote:Spent nothing this season. Look at all the teams in the top 6, all spent big.

Money talks.

Championship Spending 2015/2016
1st - Burnley - £19.28m
2nd - Middlesbrough - £23.85m
3rd - Brighton - £10.09m
4th - Hull - £7.09m
5th - Derby - £25.55m
6th - Sheffield Wednesday - £10.17m
7th - Cardiff - £0
8th - Ipswich - £384k
9th - Birmingham City - £2.28m

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:27 pm

BlueSince1908 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Money talks.

Championship Spending 2015/2016
1st - Burnley - £19.28m
2nd - Middlesbrough - £23.85m
3rd - Brighton - £10.09m
4th - Hull - £7.09m
5th - Derby - £25.55m
6th - Sheffield Wednesday - £10.17m
7th - Cardiff - £0
8th - Ipswich - £384k
9th - Birmingham City - £2.28m

The proof is there.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Hope from now we will play with proper strikers upfront like Zohore and Saadi instead of false ones like Pilkington and Lawrence.

honestly I think Slade just likes to stick to a settled team won't take chances on making a change unless it's forced through injury/suspension etc it's very rare he will change, he has his favourites always picking malone when imo I think his form has dipped as of late and should of been dropped. I've said in another thread I don't think Slade is good enough to take us forward he's steadied a sinking ship which he should be thanked for but as his contract runs out I'd thank him for the job he's done and get a new manager like warnock or someone similar. Think there would be a few managers applying as it's a good job in the championship

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:30 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

honestly I think Slade just likes to stick to a settled team won't take chances on making a change unless it's forced through injury/suspension etc it's very rare he will change, he has his favourites always picking malone when imo I think his form has dipped as of late and should of been dropped. I've said in another thread I don't think Slade is good enough to take us forward he's steadied a sinking ship which he should be thanked for but as his contract runs out I'd thank him for the job he's done and get a new manager like warnock or someone similar. Think there would be a few managers applying as it's a good job in the championship

I have been upset with Slade for not giving our youngsters a chance and bringing new players in and many have hardly ever played.
Darren,But over all,Slade has shocked me that we are 7th :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:35 pm

I agree and a big ask going to Shef weds but we need to make sure when we do go there we are just behind them, can change again if we win sat and they lose. :thumbup:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I have been upset with Slade for not giving our youngsters a chance and bringing new players in and many have hardly ever played.

That's another thing I don't like he's not bringing the youngsters through last season when we had nothing to play for was perfect opportunity for this.
I thought we would finish just outside playoffs under slade with the squad we had but I don't trust him in the transfer market especially when we desperate for a striker and the strikers he signed so far (Revell, Doyle and Saadi) are nowhere near good enough 2 loaned out and one constantly injured. I just think he's taken us as far as he can

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Stringfellow wrote:

I agree and a big ask going to Shef weds but we need to make sure when we do go there we are just behind them, can change again if we win sat and they lose. :thumbup:

Yes, although it is looking unlikely that we will get that 6th spot, this is no time to throw in the towel. This can be a strange game, and as we know nothing is certain in this league. All we can do is to win as many games as possible, and hope for the best. Too early to be knocking Slade at the minute, let's wait and see what happens.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Agree, sadly

Thats the spirit :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Just hope people don't turn on player's/Slade already. As we need to stay united until the end of the season. Technically it's still a good season :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:48 pm

:sladeout: not good enough :sladeout:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:49 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Agree, sadly

Just hope people don't turn on player's/Slade already. As we need to stay united until the end of the season. Technically it's still a good season :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah:
I'll support the team no matter what I've never booed the team or slade I just hope slade isn't here next season as I honestly don't think he can take us any further especially when you look at who's coming down from the Premiership for next season

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:54 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's another thing I don't like he's not bringing the youngsters through last season when we had nothing to play for was perfect opportunity for this.
I thought we would finish just outside playoffs under slade with the squad we had but I don't trust him in the transfer market especially when we desperate for a striker and the strikers he signed so far (Revell, Doyle and Saadi) are nowhere near good enough 2 loaned out and one constantly injured. I just think he's taken us as far as he can

I honestly thought we would be just above relegation under him, I am very worried about a lot of signings.
And we struggle against struggling clubs? why?

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:54 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Agree, sadly

With you all the way on that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I honestly thought we would be just above relegation under him, I am very worried about a lot of signings.

Tbh we've always been that way even in the promotion season under malky bottom of the table Peterborough beat us. Slade's signings don't fill me with confidence the only one I can say is a good signing is immers and he's only loan so not definitely going to be here next season. I just don't trust slade to be able to attract good quality players especially strikers, I'll admit he's got a good team spirit and that has helped us climb the table this season but that's enough we need good quality players (especially strikers) and good team spirit I don't think Slade can deliver the 2

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:03 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tbh we've always been that way even in the promotion season under malky bottom of the table Peterborough beat us. Slade's signings don't fill me with confidence the only one I can say is a good signing is immers and he's only loan so not definitely going to be here next season. I just don't trust slade to be able to attract good quality players especially strikers, I'll admit he's got a good team spirit and that has helped us climb the table this season but that's enough we need good quality players (especially strikers) and good team spirit I don't think Slade can deliver the 2

But I worry if we lose anymore of our quality players this summer.