Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY & BLACKBURN BOTH WANT SAME STRIKER '

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:26 pm

' CARDIFF CITY & BLACKBURN BOTH WANT SAME STRIKER '

According to the Media both Cardiff City and Blackburn will this Summer go after striker Tony Watt.

Watt had a very successful time on loan at Cardiff City and had even agreed a contract,had 3 days of intense medical examinations and a deal had been struck with Charlton Athletic for £1million,for Cardiff City to have a transfer embargo put on them.

Russell Slade had brought him in to Cardiff City, with both Chairman Dalman and CEO Ken Choo both becoming big admirers of the striker.

Watt also became a favourite with the Cardiff City fans,with his pace and flare that he brought to the team.

Tony Watt is currently on loan at Blackburn Rovers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY & BLACKBURN BOTH WANT SAME STRIKER '

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:34 pm

I would take him I think him and immers together would be great watt has the pace to play off him

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:35 pm

wez1927 wrote:I would take him I think him and immers together would be great watt has the pace to play off him

Wez,both would be very good Summer signings,would really excite our fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I would take him I think him and immers together would be great watt has the pace to play off him

Wez,both would be very good Summer signings,would really excite our fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I don't think we are far away from having a really good team we need two wingers and a striker if we keep the same squad

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:42 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't think we are far away from having a really good team we need two wingers and a striker if we keep the same squad

With you on that, We must not sell any of our best players this summer :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:45 pm

Yes he's got pace up top is what we need avnt noticed him scoring many for blackburn

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:01 pm

Be happy with Watt and Immers up top, a general with a set of balls in the middle who can pull the strings, chuck in two wingers with pace, and I mean pace that can go outside the full back and not cut inside all the time and I don't think we will be far away.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:22 pm

He hasn't been picked regularly for Blackburn, but I really rate him. Hope you get him and Lex and a new winger who can score consistently....Russell would be great.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Get him back I really liked him he threatened every time he went forward. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

With you on that, We must not sell any of our best players this summer :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Couldn't agree more, watt and immers would be fantastic. :thumbup:

Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Not exactly prolific for us or Blackburn since he's been there.

Worth a punt for £200,000 but worth nowhere near £1m.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:24 pm

davids wrote:Not exactly prolific for us or Blackburn since he's been there.

Agree he isn't worth 1m he can't even get in the Charlton team. Saying that we sold mason for 4m so who knows these days!?

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:27 pm

Not clinical enough imo, dosent seem to score high numbers of goals wherever he plays

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Agree was a hardworking player but he's no chopra or mckormack who will get you into double figures

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:18 pm

Decent player !!!!

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:51 am

darran1927 wrote:

Agree was a hardworking player but he's no chopra or mckormack who will get you into double figures

I agree, but you need a mix of players and he would fit In with an addition of a goal scorer who are so hard to get at the right price. Bradshaw?

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:31 am

You couldn't fault his effort or play when he came here. We can obviously offer him enough money as we already had a deal sorted in January. I'd like to see him come here :sladein: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' CARDIFF CITY & BLACKBURN BOTH WANT SAME STRIKER '

According to the Media both Cardiff City and Blackburn will this Summer go after striker Tony Watt.

Watt had a very successful time on loan at Cardiff City and had even agreed a contract,had 3 days of intense medical examinations and a deal had been struck with Charlton Athletic for £1million,for Cardiff City to have a transfer embargo put on them.

Russell Slade had brought him in to Cardiff City, with both Chairman Dalman and CEO Ken Choo both becoming big admirers of the striker.

Watt also became a favourite with the Cardiff City fans,with his pace and flare that he brought to the team.

Not sure where the media (whoever it was , your post doesn`t say whose article it is) got the bit about Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo being big admirers of Tony Watt. In a face to face discussion , both said that they didn`t think he was worth the money being asked for him. Plenty of energy and effort , but not too much end product was their opinion.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:22 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:

Not sure where the media (whoever it was , your post doesn`t say whose article it is) got the bit about Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo being big admirers of Tony Watt. In a face to face discussion , both said that they didn`t think he was worth the money being asked for him. Plenty of energy and effort , but not too much end product was their opinion.

Keith, I'm glad you brought up this "angle" on the matter, because I remember a few people saying that, shortly after the transfer embargo, that we had a lucky escape, in not being able to sign TW on a permanent contract,,,,,inasmuch that the said player basically flattered to deceive at his previous clubs??? Would he be another miss fireing dud???

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:02 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Keith, I'm glad you brought up this "angle" on the matter, because I remember a few people saying that, shortly after the transfer embargo, that we had a lucky escape, in not being able to sign TW on a permanent contract,,,,,inasmuch that the said player basically flattered to deceive at his previous clubs??? Would he be another miss fireing dud???

A misfiring dud.... sounds like a definite slade signing then i can see russ going for him

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think Marshall and Manga will be ready to take a chance in the premiership this summer, I hope I'm wrong but they are too good for the Championship....

I think Gunner might fancy first team football too, if he has a good Euro with Iceland, there may be bids for him....

I wouldn't want to lose any of them, but we will do well to keep them and add, I hope we can .....

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:38 pm

BlueMagic wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

A misfiring dud.... sounds like a definite slade signing then i can see russ going for him

I'm not sure, but how much was the original agreed fee? £1 million??

Lets face it, at that price he's either a steal, or a very expensive dud,,,& lets face facts, we have had enough of them lately!

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:58 pm

I would go for Tom Lawrence over Watt all day long

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:58 pm

I would go for Tom Lawrence over Watt all day long