Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' WELSH AND ENGLISH FANS DURING EUROS 2016 '

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:32 pm

' WELSH AND ENGLISH FANS DURING EUROS 2016 '

Some parts No Segregation

Paul Corky Welsh Supporters Spokesman

Friday 16th April 2016

Concerning away fans in or near home fans during the Euros for example in Lens where England fans will be in the Delacourt end and Welsh fans in the main English stand (trannin stand capacity 12,150)

So at all stadiums during the tournament be aware that fans are very likely to mix at stadiums.

The Delacourt stand is where the majority of Welsh supporters will be, but there will be just as many non Welsh fans in that stand, the same applies at the English end of the stadium...a bit like Fulham where they have a neutral end next to away fans...It faces the Trannin stand and houses the administrative offices of the club. The stand was rebuilt in 1996 and can house over 12,500 spectators we are expecting over 5,000 Welsh fans in that area.

Segregation is not something UEFA are keen on and most stadiums give access to most parts of the ground with Lens being the exception of having 4 separate stands...there is no segregation outside in the streets, on transport hubs etc. It is seen as a festival of football but be aware there will be heavy security and policing throughout the tournament, anyone looking to cause problems or trouble will be severely dealt with in France probably by the feared riot police and face repercussions on their return to their home countries.

Re: ' WELSH AND ENGLISH FANS DURING EUROS 2016 '

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:42 pm

No segregation is plain stupid,there will be trouble at the euros

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:46 pm

caerblue wrote:No segregation is plain stupid,there will be trouble at the euros

Not good mate,not good,asking for trouble :shock:

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:42 pm

I'm not so sure - I think there will isolated scuffles but when the fans were let out the same time at Ninian there was no time to 'mob up' and people weren't so brave

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:47 pm

Unfortunately it only takes one idiot to kick it off. Most Cardiff fans laugh at the sheep chants by the english but other team followers might react differently

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Be carnage after the match, simple as that.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:47 pm

If we beat them we will need to stick together they will def kick off if they lose they will outnumber us for sure so stick together

Forget club football over there we are Wales we are all in it together

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm not that worried to be honest, us Welsh lads are more than capable of matching any bullies that come our way.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:28 pm

think it may be alot worse at the fan zones over there . the majority of the lot i am going with haven't got tickets and will be going to fan zones

went over to the euro's in portugal 2004 and went to one when england played . must have been over 15,000 england fans there who didn't have tickets . everyone off there skull with france alot closer think it might not bode too well . Hopefully everyone will behave themselves this time but not too confident

for those who haven't been to a fan zone basically the local authority will erect a patch of land and put up big screens all over the place so those who haven't got tickets can watch the match in one big area near the stadium

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:16 pm

I predict a riot :laughing6:
English fans have already chosen there weapons of choice
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:36 pm

Anyone afraid of taking a slap over there needs to wake up cos that's the least of our worries. A recently arrested Isis guy said his cell were targeting the euros. There will be blood and it won't be caused from a punch. It's not stopping me going. :tandragon:

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:38 pm

Wales v England will be a key target for Isis as it's an all British affair. Russia v England/Wales they will also won't to blow up.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:22 pm

I don't think they will care what game there going to do it at

They'll do it at any given opportunity they are scum if they had no weapons id love to see them in France up against all the football fans , absolute scum they should all be caught and torchered for weeks before hanging them , so many innocent people and family's losing life's for no reason what so ever