Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Lethargic, dull and uninspired "

Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:31 pm

" Lethargic, dull and uninspired "

Cardiff City today

Hard to believe watching that game that we are supposed to be challenging for the play-offs.

Not one shot on goal in a first half that was almost as bad as some of the appalling home performances at the end of last season.

No inspiration, no desire to win the game - it was extremely surprising to see the team so lethargic and apparently just "going through the motions". No motivation or inspiration from the players on the pitch or the manager off it.

No doubt there will still be some come on here this evening believing that, despite all the evidence to the contrary, we can win all of the next four games but today really looked like the players did not have the belief that they could make it to the play-offs.

Not sure why Gunnar came on at the end - was it just for the possibility of him launching a long throw or two in the hope that something might fall for us in the box?

5 points dropped from two games that should really have been won if we were serious about the play-offs tells it's own story unfortunately.

Re: Lethargic, dull and uninspired

Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:48 pm

davids wrote:Hard to believe watching that game that we are supposed to be challenging for the play-offs.

Not one shot on goal in a first half that was almost as bad as some of the appalling home performances at the end of last season.

No inspiration, no desire to win the game - it was extremely surprising to see the team so lethargic and apparently just "going through the motions". No motivation or inspiration from the players on the pitch or the manager off it.

No doubt there will still be some come on here this evening believing that, despite all the evidence to the contrary, we can win all of the next four games but today really looked like the players did not have the belief that they could make it to the play-offs.

Not sure why Gunnar came on at the end - was it just for the possibility of him launching a long throw or two in the hope that something might fall for us in the box?

5 points dropped from two games that should really have been won if we were serious about the play-offs tells it's own story unfortunately.

Gunnar had to come on because we were totally overrun in central midfield when O'Keefe went off and Whittingham went central, this always happens when Whitts moves to the middle. The other two 2 subs were poor and the wrong players were withdrawn.

Re: Lethargic, dull and uninspired

Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
davids wrote:Hard to believe watching that game that we are supposed to be challenging for the play-offs.

Gunnar had to come on because we were totally overrun in central midfield when O'Keefe went off and Whittingham went central, this always happens when Whitts moves to the middle. The other two 2 subs were poor and the wrong players were withdrawn.

I do believe the manager had some say in the Whitts into the middle of a 442, the outcome is not surprise, ever since ole thought it would work and it didn't. A proper manager understand what a player like Whitts can do and can't and find a game plan to suit. How Nooney stayed on the pitch never ceases to amaze me, he was anonymous until the last 5 mins.

The game plan was kick it long to Immers and Pilks and it didn't work, whatever happened to the game plan that worked so well against Brighton ? I guess that was an anomaly and not the game to judge Slades footballing philosophy.

Re: " Lethargic, dull and uninspired "

Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:06 pm

And most want this manager to continue next season ffs noooooo zzzzz

Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Thankfully the sun was out as the football was terrible.
Both teams looks equally poor, a draw fair.

Subs very odd indeed.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Lets be honest
It was boring shite
Just like last year and 1st
4 months of this year
Sadly 10k new fans wont be
Coming back

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:50 am

DEANO wrote:And most want this manager to continue next season ffs noooooo zzzzz

I don't think most fans want him to stay, what's changed is how vehemently those fans want him out compared to a few months back!
Personally I would take Warnock any day of the week over Slade if it's for a season or two, however as the the performances and results, bar the last two games have improved then most supporters and more importantly the board are happy to let him have the benefit of the doubt.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:40 am

I actually nodded off at one point the guy next to me offered me a wee nip from his flask I declined. I have never attended game of football at any level where there was not a single shot on goal from either team in 45 minutes ...deplorable and quite frankly unacceptable.City had a chance to bring back the fans with some attacking get go blood and guts football, what did we get a flaccid lacklustre offering thatt would send a glass eye to sleep

Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:03 am

Criminal from the City yesterday, that despite QPR playing their third choice keeper in goal, we barely tested him! I left the ground furious at that display and Slades substitutions were diabolical. I agree, that maybe Whitts should have went off earlier, but to take him off when we had a free kick in Whitts territory, was a shocking move by Slade. We would have won that game with a capable manager yesterday, Slade shown yesterday why he's not the man to take us forward.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:04 pm

It was a real snore-fest, a terrible performance. The only plus of the day for me was seeing the trains from the Rhondda packed with people going to the game.