Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SHOCKING TO THINK WE BELIEVED '

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:43 pm

' SHOCKING TO THINK WE BELIEVED '

4 games against teams recently with nothing or very little to play for and we have taken just two points from a possible twelve.

Reading - Draw.
Fulham - Loss.
QPR - Draw.
Brentford - Loss.

These were games that a promotion seeking side needed to be taking more than two points from.

6 points gap between us and Sheffield Wednesday, after they were held against MK Dons, is it too much for us now, I think it is.

Slade said this was a must win and we have failed.

Gutted and disappointed with tonight's result.

Re: ' SHOCKING TO THINK WE BELIEVED '

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:' SHOCKING TO THINK WE BELIEVED '

4 games against teams recently with nothing or very little to play for and we have taken just two points from a possible twelve.

Reading - Draw.
Fulham - Loss.
QPR - Draw.
Brentford - Loss.

These were games that a promotion seeking side needed to be taking more than two points from.

6 points gap between us and Sheffield Wednesday, after they were held against MK Dons, is it too much for us now, I think it is.

carl we are 7 points effectively from them it is all over now :thumbup:

4 games against teams with nothing or very little to play for and we have taken just two points from a possible twelve.

Reading - Draw.
Fulham - Loss.
QPR - Draw.
Brentford - Loss.

More fool you for believing in Slade

Playing with no strikers is what cost us and Slade not seeing that is really frustrating but Zohore has got start now Pilkington you are not a striker go back to the wing where you belong.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:46 pm

Carl you have said for weeks we would make playoffs be fair mate it was never ever on get rid of Slade now whilst it costs us no money

pembroke allan wrote:

Reading - Draw.
Fulham - Loss.
QPR - Draw.
Brentford - Loss.

And so many opportunities to close the gap or even overtake Wednesday but we failed Allan.

Gutted.

:sladeout: awful tactics :sladeout: get rid now :sladeout: we need a fresh approach. :sladeout: Warnock would have got us up automatically.

:sladeout: ASAP please :sladeout:

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Shocking results, I agree.

But I stuck my neck out and have been optimistic so will continue that. Three wins may well see us in the play-offs, but it will be tough.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Is Slade the man to take our club further? I don't think so,,,now!

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:48 pm

DEANO wrote:Carl you have said for weeks we would make playoffs be fair mate it was never ever on get rid of Slade now whilst it costs us no money

With our recent fixtures Deano I really believed we would be 5-6 points further forward than we are tonight.

I really did believe we would do it.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:48 pm

All Done now, ultimately ran out of steam in games that were for the taking. No strikers for me was the biggest problem this season, we managed for a bit. Better than last season, progress made, let's look forward to france. :thumbup:

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Reading - Draw.
Fulham - Loss.
QPR - Draw.
Brentford - Loss.

And so many opportunities to close the gap or even overtake Wednesday but we failed Allan.

Gutted.

carl we have a striker on bench and he never uses him except last 5 mins its shows slades mentality, he is so limited in his insight to what is required to win games :old:

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:50 pm

I never believed....... :(

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Shocking results, I agree.

But I stuck my neck out and have been optimistic so will continue that. Three wins may well see us in the play-offs, but it will be tough.

You keep taking your medication butty :laughing6:

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:51 pm

don't get how it's all over for you? can't see Sheffield beating derby away and you have Bolton home? you then play Sheffield. beat them and then it's down to the wire.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Not even matching Wednesdays results now like Slade would like :lol:

Terrible run of results, Slade has shown time and time again he is a very average manager.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks Slade but we need a breath of fresh air in our club. Young ambitious manager needed IMO
:sladeout:

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Trefelin06 wrote:don't get how it's all over for you? can't see Sheffield beating derby away and you have Bolton home? you then play Sheffield. beat them and then it's down to the wire.

you think we can win 3 games in row when canno beat mid to lower league teams :old:

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:54 pm

It is over. We must win all,and Wednesday need only two points. Being insanely optimistic it could happen. Cardiff win next three, though what is the chance of that, Sheffield loose Derby, never know with them two, and fail to beat Wolves if that can happen.
But I think, well know, its over. I hope I am wrong

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Sadly we were not good enough but in all fairness to Pilks he has done really well for changing positions to help the club also I think Immers has done well but we are in need of a striker who can score 20 goals + then we would have been in the top 4 in my view.

But we have to continue supporting the team so we can finish 7th 3 or 4 places better than I thought, I even wondered after last season if we would struggle to stay in the division but we did a lot better and yes I am with Carl I actually thought we might pull it off sadly we didn't but then that's football.

Just hope Slade now give a full chance to Zohore & Saade or even other youngsters certainly Lawrence as he wants to go to the euros.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:00 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by valleyrambill on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The only silver lining in this capitulation at the end of the season is that we might get rid of Slade. I expect us to Lose Marshall, manga and others, hopefully we will have a manager that will enable us to compete. :sladeout:

The only silver lining in this capitulation at the end of the season is that we might get rid of Slade. I expect us to Lose Marshall, manga and others, hopefully we will have a manager that will enable us to compete. :sladeout:

Trefelin06 wrote:don't get how it's all over for you? can't see Sheffield beating derby away and you have Bolton home? you then play Sheffield. beat them and then it's down to the wire.

True, but the draw against the Dons sealed it not our defeat.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:01 pm

We lost it on Saturday which was a must win game at home, instead it was like a mid season game.

Pilks worked upfront for a short time but as I said at the time the problem will be Slade sticking to it for weeks after it has stopped working, sadly I was proved correct.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:06 pm

I think the Fulham game proved we were not good enough to get in the play offs plus the draws at home cost us too,
v Rotherham home draw MKdons Home draw both games couldn't score there is 4 points lost we should have got
then there are 2 home games we were 2-0 up and drew 2-2 Burnley and Sheff Wed that is 8 points we lost. I am sure we could go on and on how we failed but the league doesn't lie and we were not good enough.

But I can see enough positives with the right money and support from Tan I think we could make a big push for promotion next season even with big teams relegated from the prem

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:08 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I think the Fulham game proved we were not good enough to get in the play offs plus the draws at home cost us too,
v Rotherham home draw MKdons Home draw both games couldn't score there is 4 points lost we should have got
then there are 2 home games we were 2-0 up and drew 2-2 Burnley and Sheff Wed that is 8 points we lost. I am sure we could go on and on how we failed but the league doesn't lie and we were not good enough.

But I can see enough positives with the right money and support from Tan I think we could make a big push for promotion next season even with big teams relegated from the prem

And those first 3 draws at the start of the season failed strike partnerships cost us dearly.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Reading - Draw.
Fulham - Loss.
QPR - Draw.
Brentford - Loss.

Not all of us believed Carl...no consistency and no idea how to break a team down....slade just not good enough.. :ayatollah: