Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" The last straw. "

Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:21 pm

" The last straw. "

I know what you may think, but hear me out. Cardiff City have Bolton Saturday, already relegated and Sheffield Wednesday have Derby. Win ours and lose theirs that puts 3 points between us and a massive goal difference that can be massively reduced if we beat them the following week.

We still have a huge chance, very little straws to grip i know, but it's there.

All these Slade out comments are ridiculous with three games left and all to play for. There are people posting after last night that haven't been near here for weeks! Where have they been?

The 500 odd of us that were there last night applauded the team on last night, sung and cheered throughout the game and applauded the team off at the end as well as singing Slades name. I bet half the Slade out posters on here didn't even go last night. The last 5 minutes i was bouncing on the front rail in the terrace it was exciting!

Let's make our decision in three weeks WHEN THE SEASON HAS FINISHED, not now when we still have it all to play for.

We need complete support for the team and the staff till the bitter end.

I said at the start of the season i believe we will finish in the top 6, and have not waivered on that. If we do finish 7th i will have been wrong.
How many of you said relegation battle or mid table mediocrity? Does this mean this season has been a success?

Sheffield will pull a Cardiff and Cardiff will pull a blackpool.

Re: The last straw.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:00 pm

One question, were you drunk singing his name? he has to put a foooooking striker to win games :evil:

Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:17 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:One question, were you drunk singing his name? he has to put a foooooking striker to win games :evil:

Nope, sober and full of optimism.

Were you there?

Re: " The last straw. "

Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:33 pm

John, Our away supporters have always cheered the team/manager no matter what and thats what Ive always loved :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its not impossible to make the play-offs,but going by the amount of slip ups we've done over the season and the last 3 weeks against mediocre teams with nothing to play for,I for one have started to give up, as game after game,we are being let down and so I understand the fans frustration.

But I do agree,the season is not over and our fans should still get behind Slade and the team on match days :ayatollah:

Hopefully another 28,000 crowd on Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:07 pm

Completely agree that it's def not over yet. But it's going to be very difficult for us to do it. Definitely not giving up yet and will be down there singing until the end of the season to try and help the guys get some points. Cross fingers but it's gonna be tough, I'm Expecting championship football next season in any case. Can't wait for next season already! :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:04 pm

Well said Mr Shed. The knives are always out quickly after a defeat. You have to keep looking at the positives and keep supporting the club.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:11 pm

Mr Shed wrote:" The last straw. "

I know what you may think, but hear me out. Cardiff City have Bolton Saturday, already relegated and Sheffield Wednesday have Derby. Win ours and lose theirs that puts 3 points between us and a massive goal difference that can be massively reduced if we beat them the following week.

We still have a huge chance, very little straws to grip i know, but it's there.

All these Slade out comments are ridiculous with three games left and all to play for. There are people posting after last night that haven't been near here for weeks! Where have they been?

The 500 odd of us that were there last night applauded the team on last night, sung and cheered throughout the game and applauded the team off at the end as well as singing Slades name. I bet half the Slade out posters on here didn't even go last night. The last 5 minutes i was bouncing on the front rail in the terrace it was exciting!

Let's make our decision in three weeks WHEN THE SEASON HAS FINISHED, not now when we still have it all to play for.

We need complete support for the team and the staff till the bitter end.

I said at the start of the season i believe we will finish in the top 6, and have not waivered on that. If we do finish 7th i will have been wrong.
How many of you said relegation battle or mid table mediocrity? Does this mean this season has been a success?

Sheffield will pull a Cardiff and Cardiff will pull a blackpool.

:thumbup: Well Done :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:13 pm

9/1 for us to be top 6

wednesday 1/40 (on)

Bookies see it as a done deal

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:18 pm

I'll be following the team again next season St renewed I'm not throwing the towel in yet but you got to admit we have had chance after chance this season we should be at least in the play offs know .one thing that has stood for me is that we havnt gone for the juggler in certain games to get us results take the qpr game for instance it was flat in the first have when we should have taken the game to them it doesn't matter if there's thirty thousand ten thousand in the ground once you get the crowd going the atmosphere still can go against the away team but our team as failed to do that on occasions but if we do the plays off and extend the season like I want will it only be papering over the cracks :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:06 pm

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/04/2 ... ast-straw/? :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:12 pm

It's a long shot, but like I always say need to focus on taking care of your own results, Bolton eont be easy. If we can win and they lose then it's huge pressure for them then as anything can happen. Ifs and butts, first step is beat Bolton.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:14 pm

BELIEVE :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:51 am

The last straw?

More like clutching at straws.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:59 am

The last straw for me was when Slade was putting 3 CB's on the bench :twisted:

Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Mr Shed wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:One question, were you drunk singing his name? he has to put a foooooking striker to win games :evil:

Were you there?

why do I need to be there to know that the man doesn't have a clue? you being based in Wiltshire must have been like a home game for you, so don't go down the line 'I was there' crap - :wave:

Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:32 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:

Were you there?

why do I need to be there to know that the man doesn't have a clue? you being based in Wiltshire must have been like a home game for you, so don't go down the line 'I was there' crap - :wave:

Its not about an "I was there crap" I appreciate not every one can go to all the games, I only ask to know what you thought of the game. Pilkington is desperate to score at the moment, for all his great running, its not worked out. Noone is hungry for a goal as is o Keefe, you could see the frustration in all of them. None of these are strikers, but as we've seen this season, all of them can score some quality goals.

No, i dont agree that he has to play a striker, just players that can score and are in form. at the moment we have none.
We have had some absolutely class strikers at the City over the years. More recently Chopra, Campbell, Bothroyd, Jerome,McCormack and Johnson :lol: But at the moment our striker bag is a little thin, something we need to look at next season.

As for your comment about the Wiltshire based thing, I was born in Bridgend and spent the first 30 odd years of my life there, i then moved myself and my family away because there was no good work for me in south wales anymore. But i am still a season ticket holder at the Stadium. Yes games like Reading, Bristol, MK Dons and Brentford are easier to get to from here but still, It took me an hour and a half to drive to Brentford on Tuesday night, the same amount of time it takes me to drive to every Cardiff home game

Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Mr Shed wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:

Were you there?

Its not about an "I was there crap" I appreciate not every one can go to all the games, I only ask to know what you thought of the game. Pilkington is desperate to score at the moment, for all his great running, its not worked out. Noone is hungry for a goal as is o Keefe, you could see the frustration in all of them. None of these are strikers, but as we've seen this season, all of them can score some quality goals.

No, i dont agree that he has to play a striker, just players that can score and are in form. at the moment we have none.
We have had some absolutely class strikers at the City over the years. More recently Chopra, Campbell, Bothroyd, Jerome,McCormack and Johnson :lol: But at the moment our striker bag is a little thin, something we need to look at next season.

As for your comment about the Wiltshire based thing, I was born in Bridgend and spent the first 30 odd years of my life there, i then moved myself and my family away because there was no good work for me in south wales anymore. But i am still a season ticket holder at the Stadium. Yes games like Reading, Bristol, MK Dons and Brentford are easier to get to from here but still, It took me an hour and a half to drive to Brentford on Tuesday night, the same amount of time it takes me to drive to every Cardiff home game

you didn't ask what I thought of the game though did you. You asked was I there? anyway scoring 2 goals in four games is more than enough evidence we should play an out and out striker for more than the last 10 mins of a game :bluebird: