Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " RUSSELL SLADES LAST MATCH / HMM?? "

Sat May 07, 2016 1:26 pm

MY VIEW " RUSSELL SLADES LAST MATCH / HMM? "

My View/Opinion

SO RUSSELL SLADES LAST MATCH,AM I DISAPPOINTED IT WAS HIS LAST MATCH, NO,WE NEED TO MOVE FORWARD.

I was very dissapointed that Slade never gave three or four of our Youth Players a start and all season he has not given them a chance,today was the day without a doubt.

City dropped a place to 8th and finish the season 8th in the Championship.

The first half was a decent Championship game,but the second-half changed to like a pre-season friendly.

The atmosphere from the Cardiff sections was so quite,it was subdued.

Cardiff today came out to a virtually empty stadium, other than the 2,000 travelling Birmingham fans who had travelled to support their team with nothing to play for,but certainly main themselves heard.

CARDIFF CITY 1 BIRMINGHAM CITY 1

Crowd 21,022 Looked empty
Away Support 2,100

City : Marshall, Peltier, Connolly, Turner, Malone, O'Keefe, Whittingham, Noone, Lawrence, Immers and Pilkington.

Subs : Moore, John, Manga, Harris, Ameobi, Zohore, Saadi.

With City's season now over and the same with Birmingham City, were we today going to see some youngsters played and players giving their all to secure new contracts etc?

From the first minute City came out and attacked and for 10mins totally dominated the game,then Brum had a breakaway and bang 0-1 Brum :shock:

City got what they deserved in the 26th minute cross from Malone and Pilkington stabbed it home 1-1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tom Lawrence for me had played the best so far.

Half-time CCFC 1 BCFC 1

Both teams for the first 15 minutes even stevens.

A free kick from Cotterill,drilled it in to the top corner, Marshall well beaten, Craig Noone run back and brilliant diving header on the line saved City.

66th mins Lex Immers was replaced by Zohore.

74th min Kadeem Harris replaced Tom Lawrence.

Zohore had a decent shot but was saved by the Birmingham goalie.

81 mins Turner replaced by Manga.

For me even stevens and 1-1 looked a fair result.

85min Manga messes up and Birmingham hit the post,Brum fans thought they hit the post.

Man of the match Craig Noone :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Full-time CCFC 1 BCFC 1

THATS IT FOR THIS SEASON/HAVE A GREAT SUMMER & OUR FORUM WILL KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED WITH THE LATEST NEWS & TRANSFERS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW " RUSSELL SLADES LAST MATCH / HMM? "

Sat May 07, 2016 1:28 pm

Nothing game at the end of the day more important things to worry about like the next managerial appointment. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2016 1:29 pm

By sounds of it same old same old!

Get new manager into place asap and sort out
players going etc.

Sat May 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Nothing game at the end of the day more important things to worry about like the next managerial appointment. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Ryan, Some of the youngsters should of been played,lost chance.

Pulisnewport wrote:By sounds of it same old same old!

Get new manager into place asap and sort out
players going etc.

Exactly Karl

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Nothing game at the end of the day more important things to worry about like the next managerial appointment. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Agreed and still didn't finish 7th. :lol:

Sat May 07, 2016 1:33 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agreed and still didn't finish 7th. :lol:

We ended up 8th Hmmmmmmm

Sat May 07, 2016 1:44 pm

What have we been missing all season? A high tempo and pace that's what.
The clown Slade could have started Harris, Saadi and Declan John but same old, same old. Ameobi on the bench!? Lawrence on loan so why play him?
As director of football he'll be heavily involve with youth and transfers!!
God help us.

Sat May 07, 2016 1:47 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:What have we been missing all season? A high tempo and pace that's what.
The clown Slade could have started Harris, Saadi and Declan John but same old, same old. Ameobi on the bench!? Lawrence on loan so why play him?
God help us.

SPOT ON :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2016 2:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:What have we been missing all season? A high tempo and pace that's what.
God help us.

Two steps forward and one step back

Sat May 07, 2016 2:39 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
God help us.

Two steps forward and one step back

We need to excite our fans for next season.

Sat May 07, 2016 3:29 pm

Crowd 21,022

Sat May 07, 2016 3:30 pm

I don't understand the team selection. There was nothing on it except one position. Why didn't he chuck a couple of youth players on. Even if for the last 10-15 minutes? This is the Head of Football for next season. Such short termism. He should be looking to immediately set things in motion for next season. Not do the same old drab stuff that saw us falter over the last half a dozen games. I was 50-50 about him being removed but today has pushed me into the "glad he's gone" camp but also "gutted he's staying on in some role" camp.

Sat May 07, 2016 4:10 pm

Zabier wrote:I don't understand the team selection. There was nothing on it except one position. Why didn't he chuck a couple of youth players on. Even if for the last 10-15 minutes? This is the Head of Football for next season. Such short termism. He should be looking to immediately set things in motion for next season. Not do the same old drab stuff that saw us falter over the last half a dozen games. I was 50-50 about him being removed but today has pushed me into the "glad he's gone" camp but also "gutted he's staying on in some role" camp.

Steve, Slade shocked me today,I was always prepared to give him a chance,but I want him gone now.

Sat May 07, 2016 4:15 pm

They hit the post twice and we headed 2 off the line - we were very fortunate to take a point. No way was there 21k there today. :?

Sat May 07, 2016 4:29 pm

mugsy wrote:They hit the post twice and we headed 2 off the line - we were very fortunate to take a point. No way was there 21k there today. :?

About 14,000 including 2,000 Brums.

We need a good summer to get the fans back.

Sat May 07, 2016 4:30 pm

This game mirrored 80% of Slades games ? Un imaginative nothing going forward and no sense of try and win game!! Was boring at times. :old:

Sat May 07, 2016 4:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:This game mirrored 80% of Slades games ? Un imaginative nothing going forward and no sense of try and win game!! Was boring at times. :old:

Allan, We finish the season off totally agreeing.

I tried and did give Slade my support,but he's not good enough.

Sat May 07, 2016 4:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:This game mirrored 80% of Slades games ? Un imaginative nothing going forward and no sense of try and win game!! Was boring at times. :old:

No he's to stuck in his ways he doesn't know how to go and win games, also he either ignores trollope ect or they are as bad as him because absolutely nothing as changed in his way of thinking all season :thumbup:

Sat May 07, 2016 5:02 pm

In my opinion the one and only plan this year was to keep the backdoor shut and it didn't matter one iota if we were playing home or away against a top 6 or bottom 6 team. For the first time since we returned to this level back in 2003/04 we only conceded more than 2 goals on 2 occasions, (it was 8 last season).

We were so busy trying to keep the back door shut we ended up failing to score in 14 matches but with tactics that lacked invention or imagination, tempo that seriously lacked intensity and the lack of a genuine goalscoring threat 8th place is dedicated to the "Keep the back door shut" mentality.

Glad the season is over and if I'm honest I'm happy RS is being replaced but please Mr Tan not with Paul Trollope.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat May 07, 2016 5:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No he's to stuck in his ways he doesn't know how to go and win games, also he either ignores trollope ect or they are as bad as him because absolutely nothing as changed in his way of thinking all season :thumbup:

Allan, true and I've been told Trollope and him don't see eye to eye

Sat May 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Slade approached this game the same way he did last week's must win game at Hillsborough.

And we were rewarded with a similarly unispired, insipid performance by a group of players who were already on the beach.

Sat May 07, 2016 8:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan, true and I've been told Trollope and him don't see eye to eye

Doesn't auger well if the club intends promoting Trollope to head coach to work under Slade.

Sat May 07, 2016 8:54 pm

davids wrote:

Slade approached this game the same way he did last week's must win game at Hillsborough.

And we were rewarded with a similarly unispired, insipid performance by a group of players who were already on the beach.

Agree.