Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' ITS BECOMING MORE THAN A RUMOUR '

Wed May 11, 2016 2:26 pm

' ITS BECOMING MORE THAN A RUMOUR '

Regarding Neil Warnock,just maybe becoming Cardiff City's next manager for next season.
Well its becoming much more than just a rumour as not only does it interest Warnock, but it also interests other members of the Cardiff City board and lower,now its all about whether Vincent Tan is interested?

Warnock would grab the chance of becoming the next Cardiff City manager and I for one would be delighted.
Plus there is more than a chance, as Russell Slade will have No say at all regarding the first team at Cardiff City next season.

Ive spoken to quite a few people in the media and they also say Warnock would jump at the chance :ayatollah:

About 10 days ago I wrote this article

" NEIL WARNOCK / CARDIFF CITY ? "

Neil Warnock was asked last week if Cardiff City interested him, he said " Of course, I would not rule it out, they are a big club with plenty of potential and I've always had a soft spot for them"
"I will be managing in the Championship for a club next season,who knows which one? "

Warnock has just done a remarkable job for penniless Rotherham this season and against all odds kept them in the Championship.

Warnock had agreed to only take the Rotherham job till the end of the season.

Apparently, if you write one of these pieces about who might manage a Championship club next season, ancient by-laws dictate you must include Neil Warnock.

And why not? The old-campaigner has just about done it all and seen it when it comes to the English second-tier and is fresh from somehow masterminding the safety of Rotherham this term.

Warnock loves Cardiff, he sees the supporters as kindred spirits in a way. He knows his way up for sure, but one fatal problem remains.

Let me explain, Vincent Tan: ‘Neil, can our goalkeepers start shooting more?’ Warnock: ‘No.’ Next!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' ITS BECOMING MORE THAN A RUMOUR '

Wed May 11, 2016 2:43 pm

One of my favourite managers. I'll be chuffed to bits if it ends up true.
But not getting my hopes up too much.

To be honest, any one new will excite me for next season. As much as i respect Slade for what he has gone through, we needed a change.

Wed May 11, 2016 2:45 pm

seen on twitter that he was at the ccs today so this could be a runner

Wed May 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Would love him and most of the other teams in the Division would envy us and fear his teams.

If he was given the reins I would say top 2 finish!

Wed May 11, 2016 2:47 pm

Reza wrote:seen on twitter that he was at the ccs today so this could be a runner

So did i mate,i say f*cking bring it on :ayatollah:

Wed May 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Please be true would show that club are serious about promotion

Wed May 11, 2016 2:50 pm

darran1927 wrote:Please be true would show that club are serious about promotion

Darran, for me that really would show our intent for next season and the future :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 11, 2016 2:51 pm

Would love him loads of passion ,knows his football inside out

Wed May 11, 2016 2:53 pm

Warnock has the know how of the championship and im sure he would be our best chance of putting a good season in next year.

Wed May 11, 2016 2:55 pm

hes just what we need hed put a rocket up the ass of the players who need it and his passion and enthusiasm is second to none plus it will be gd to listen to his press conferences as the last yr and a half has been awful

Wed May 11, 2016 2:57 pm

as I have said in a previous post PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this happen.. we are contenders if it come off :ayatollah:

Wed May 11, 2016 2:58 pm

he is 7/4 for blackburn, 4/1 for us currently.

Reza wrote:hes just what we need hed put a rocket up the ass of the players who need it and his passion and enthusiasm is second to none plus it will be gd to listen to his press conferences as the last yr and a half has been awful

I'd love to watch Warnock slapping the tw*t Tucker around in the press conferences. Now that's what you call entertainment. :)

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

castleblue wrote:
Reza wrote:hes just what we need hed put a rocket up the ass of the players who need it and his passion and enthusiasm is second to none plus it will be gd to listen to his press conferences as the last yr and a half has been awful

I'd love to watch Warnock slapping the tw*t Tucker around in the press conferences. Now that's what you call entertainment. :)

:lol: :lol:

Wed May 11, 2016 2:59 pm

castleblue wrote:

:lol:

Wed May 11, 2016 3:03 pm

I would like a young emerging manager in the moulds of Bellers or Giggs but to be honest have always liked Warnock. I would be delighted if he came here as long as he ain't lost the fire in his belly. Bring on the Warnock :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wed May 11, 2016 3:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:Please be true would show that club are serious about promotion

Darran, for me that really would show our intent for next season and the future :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, the intent shown IF this were to come off should put extra bums on seats through the mere thought of what Neil Warnock could bring, including the ability to get the attending crowds behind the team vocally! :thumbup:

Wed May 11, 2016 3:15 pm

Warnock in on a 2-3 year deal with all his experience and then have bellers in as his number 2 to add a bit of local passion and to get a bit of experience being on the touchline And then when warnocks deal ends he should be moulded into a straight replacement and keep scott young in the coaching set up and he can be bellers assistant :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Wed May 11, 2016 3:19 pm

castleblue wrote:

100% he wouldnt take any shit from them dicks at wales online who seem to constantly look for things to have a dig at the club about

Wed May 11, 2016 3:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I can't believe we have wasted another season in the championship......this season it was for the taking...no outstanding teams :ayatollah:

Wed May 11, 2016 3:36 pm

PLEASE!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Wed May 11, 2016 3:53 pm

He was at a photo op for Rotherham United earlier today (on their Twitter) seems unlikely he'd then travel to Cardiff (roughly three hours) and be out of the stadium so early.

Could do a lot worse than Warnock though.

Wed May 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

yep I would welcome him, I just think we are 5 yrs too late - he is 68 aint he? ideally he takes the likes of Bellamy under is wing to take over when we are in the prem :P :thumbup:

Wed May 11, 2016 4:04 pm

where on twitter?

Wed May 11, 2016 4:05 pm

It will show true intention of promotion of its true hope to god it is :ayatollah:

Wed May 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Always felt he talked a load of rubbish, bit of a media whore.

It doesn't excite me but I think he is the obvious choice and fits for what we need next season. Certainly worse names linked.

It's a safe option.

Wed May 11, 2016 4:13 pm

I think we could do worse, he seems to know what he is doing most of the time. Not sure if he can seriously threaten the promotion places without being given some money to spend. I guess whoever comes in won't find things easy given the limited budget that will probably be made available to them.

Wed May 11, 2016 4:16 pm

Is paddy Kenny available lol

Wed May 11, 2016 4:23 pm

He will get us top 6 easily. The division won't be much better next year. Bellers number 2 would be perfect

Wed May 11, 2016 4:37 pm

I stuck up for Slade but let's be honest, Warnock is several levels above. Warnock is proven, he's taken teams up several times at this level and if Rotherham can afford him, so can we. Warnock has always spoken highly of us, he would jump at the chance to come here to be closer to his home. It's a good fit all round.

Most importantly, Warnock would virtually guarantee our players giving their all for us. The players will have no choice but to really, otherwise they will get the dreaded Warnock bollocking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQYuLiuGFyg