Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Strong Rumours have it that Our Striker Will Leave

Fri May 13, 2016 6:14 am

' Strong Rumours have it that Our Striker Will '

Strong rumours have it that Leeds United want to sign Cardiff City's Adam Le Fondre.

They are willing to take on his huge wages next seasons(last year of his contract) but are not willing to to pay a fee for him.

Would you let him go free or keep him?

Not many clubs if any will pay his contract and fee.

This is what Le Fondre said in July 2015

Le Fondre now hopes to seal a permanent deal or a loan move away from Cardiff before the season starts in August.

"We've come to an agreement where I won't be playing my football at Cardiff anymore," he said.

"I'm just waiting for the perfect opportunity and the right club for me to go to.

"I've turned down a few offers already. Geographically, it's got to be right for me and my family. It's going to be a more northern club that I will be signing for, but obviously you never know what comes in front of you.

"I don't want this dragging on because it's sort of messing with my pre-season a little bit."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Strong Rumours have it that Our Striker Will Leave

Fri May 13, 2016 6:19 am

Depends what kind of wage he is on. I still think he could do a job if the new manager wants him.

Fri May 13, 2016 6:20 am

:wave: bye bye butty

Fri May 13, 2016 6:40 am

He must be on at least £20k a week - that's £1m saved in a year. Tell them they can have him. Shame it didn't work out.

Fri May 13, 2016 6:42 am

Some clubs and players just don't seem to fit with each other and that seems to be the case with us and Le Fondre.

Best to cut the wage bill further asap by getting rid of him and freeing up some money for a replacement.

Fri May 13, 2016 6:46 am

He doesn't want to be here for whatever reason. But we need players who are 100% committed like immers.

Fri May 13, 2016 6:51 am

Burnt his bridges at our club and after a season long loan at Wolves which let's face it didn't go well I'm surprised a club is prepared to take on his high wage.

On the flip side of that of course is that he has a decent track record at Championship level when his head is straight, although his highest number of goals scored is 15 for Reading in 2013/14, the question is can someone rekindle the sort of form he has shown in the past.

I have no doubt he will leave either on loan or by being released by the club so it's bye, bye from me.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri May 13, 2016 7:19 am

Let him go for free. What choice do we have?

2 seasons, 3 managers still not scoring enough to justify his alleged high wages.

Need to clear out the unwanted

Fri May 13, 2016 7:19 am

good :wave:

Fri May 13, 2016 7:35 am

any idea what kinda wage hes on? i think we should be looking some sort of fee even 500k

Fri May 13, 2016 8:13 am

Reza wrote:any idea what kinda wage hes on? i think we should be looking some sort of fee even 500k

YES agree with you WHY should Alfie move for nothing, then carry on receiving a highly inflated wage somewhere else and we get NOTHING , makes NO sense, if he wont play for CCFC then take a pay cut, and we receive a transfer fee, bet we have been funding part of his wages while hes been out on loan, if he wont take a paycut, play him with the kids or loan him out to DIV 2, Carlisle or Accrington or Stockport
This Guy has insulted my beloved BLUEBIRDS so he either bites the bullet and works hard for us or takes what comes !! :bluebird:

Fri May 13, 2016 8:19 am

bluebird58 wrote:He must be on at least £20k a week - that's £1m saved in a year. Tell them they can have him. Shame it didn't work out.

Le Fondre is on at least that plus bonuses

Fri May 13, 2016 8:26 am

Can't really blame the player, it was obviously a badly thought out move in the first place, the manager and club at the time had obviously not done their homework on him.
He clearly does not want to be in the South of the country so serves no one having him at the club, if Leeds are willing to take on his wages, then let him go.

Fri May 13, 2016 8:44 am

He should have been dropped from our team earlier, as he was given an extended run in the team, which other players like Guerra and Doyle were not afforded and was really poor!

He missed plenty of decent chances for us, was lazy, had forgotten the offside law and developed an embarrassing trait in his game, which could only be bettered by Tom Daley!

He also had plenty of chances at Wolves to showcase the talent he had showed a few years earlier at Rotherham and Reading, but ended up warming the bench there as well!

Let him go ASAP! :wave:

Fri May 13, 2016 8:47 am

He has got to go. I would add what a self centred selfish t**t he is. Not one thought about the huge fee paid for him or the huge wage for next to no return.

Just think of what that money could have meant for our academy?

Just go and no best wishes from me.

Fri May 13, 2016 8:48 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Can't really blame the player, it was obviously a badly thought out move in the first place, the manager and club at the time had obviously not done their homework on him.
He clearly does not want to be in the South of the country so serves no one having him at the club, if Leeds are willing to take on his wages, then let him go.

Of course you can blame the player, nobody forced him to come to Cardiff and why did he enhance his reputation after leaving Rotherham at Reading, which is also a club in the south of the country?

As I said in my other post, he was given a long run in our team, which other players in the squad weren't afforded and he was rubbish!

Fri May 13, 2016 8:51 am

Even if he was on£100 per week I'd get shot of him,doesn't want to be here,we need players who want to give 100% every game,so it's :wave: from me

Fri May 13, 2016 9:12 am

He needs to go to a bigger club that can afford those type of wages :bluebird:

Fri May 13, 2016 12:55 pm

Let him go.

Fri May 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Good he's shit !

Fri May 13, 2016 7:58 pm

Done Leeds a favour with Ross Mcccormack, fleece the buggers for a fee, seeing as they made a killing selling him to Fulham.

Fri May 13, 2016 8:34 pm

papa wrote:good :wave:
agree him and macheda need to go what a disaster they turned out to be :old:

Fri May 13, 2016 8:45 pm

He doesn't want to be here, sure to be on a hefty salary as Ollie was involved? No brainier :wave:

Fri May 13, 2016 9:09 pm

I cannot see any reason to keep him, especially if he is on high wages, we could get a goal scorer for free on low wages like Matty Taylor of bristol rovers.

Sat May 14, 2016 7:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:He must be on at least £20k a week - that's £1m saved in a year. Tell them they can have him. Shame it didn't work out.

Le Fondre is on at least that plus bonuses

He won't be getting any of them.

What I don't get is how Cardiff has suddenly moved 150 miles south.

Shot attitude from him, mentally weak- get rid asap