Sat May 14, 2016 4:46 pm

:ayatollah: UPDATED MONDAY 16TH MAY 2016 :ayatollah:

( UPDATED 5pm Monday 16th May 2018 )

Paul Trollope: 1/8
Craig Bellamy: 5/1
James Rowberry: 10/1
Neil Warnock: 16/1

:ayatollah: UPDATED SUNDAY 15TH MAY 2016 :ayatollah:

Paul Trollope now clear favourite to become Cardiff City boss as bookmakers slash odds on Saturday night
His odds have now been slashed to remarkable 1/6 on with SkyBet and 1/8 on with Bet Victor.
He had been trading at 2/1 at the end of last week.

EXCLUSIVE UPDATE : CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Direct information.

Craig Bellamy will not be interviewed for the Cardiff City's managers job, he is not in the running for the job and never has been since Russell Slade's departure was announced.

Neither is Neil Warnock.

Both are not seen as managers who could get along with Vincent Tan in such a capacity of being the manager of Cardiff City.

James Rowberry has not been offered the job. The story reported by Wales Online is wide of the mark and Rowberry has not even been spoken to by the club about the vacant managers position.

The man that Vincent Tan wants as manager is Paul Trollope, that is his preferred choice and he has been interviewed.

Trollope is interested in the position and he has put forward measures he would like to see happen before he commits himself.

There are other candidates who are being interviewed but you can certainly scratch off the names of Bellamy, Warnock and Rowberry.

Russell Slade will not have an input into team affairs, Slade will report to Vincent Tan with his observations but will not have any involvement at how the team is coached or managed, the new manager will report directly to Ken Choo and Mehmet Dalman.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EXCLUSIVE UPDATE : CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Sat May 14, 2016 4:52 pm

FAIR PLAY GREAT CARL AND THAT PUTS AN END TO ALL THE RUMOURS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Thanks Carl, very interesting.

People won't be ecstatic if Trollope is appointed manager, I don't think. But if he gets the job, I hope people support him.

I can understand why Tan doesn't want people like Bellamy or Warnock, because they're not yes men - Trollope would be.

Not too surprised that Rowberry isn't on the agenda, that would be a massive gamble and they may see him as more of a supporting coach than head coach/manager. If Trollope gets the job, maybe he'll get a promotion further up the coaching positions - but not much more than that.

Will be interesting to hear who the other candidates being interviewed are.

Sat May 14, 2016 4:59 pm

We failed with Trollope as Slades number 2 and now he will be number 1

Again the club has failed in getting supporters back

Sat May 14, 2016 5:00 pm

& that is what will stop us moving forward. Our next manager must be a "yes" man.

Sat May 14, 2016 5:01 pm

It will always be the same whilst Tan remains at the club.

The person making the most important footballing decisions will be the person who knows the least about football - Vincent Tan.

So now we know -only arse kissing sycophants need apply for the job as Cardiff City manager.

Great.

Sat May 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Trollope is part of the problem imo. I would give him a chance but be very underwhelmed if he became manager

Sat May 14, 2016 5:02 pm

Gutted with that. Trollope doesn't inspire me one bit.

Sat May 14, 2016 5:05 pm

He hasn't got the job yet!!!

Sat May 14, 2016 5:06 pm

nick_strin wrote:Gutted with that. Trollope doesn't inspire me one bit.

Same as hope we dont lose more fans.

Sat May 14, 2016 5:10 pm

Players love Trollopoe, that counts for a lot.

Sat May 14, 2016 5:11 pm

The chance tor the club to put bums on seats for next season would have failed if Trollope is appointed. I for one will support him and turn up as a season ticket holder. :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Sat May 14, 2016 5:15 pm

Things improved when he started but it doesent exactly get the pulse racing! What have the players said to indicate they like him?

Sat May 14, 2016 5:15 pm

So why exactly is Tan favouring Trollope?

Is it because Vincent has been at all the training sessions and has been impressed by what he has seen with his own two eyes?

Is it because Roeder has re-appeared and recommended Trollope?

Perhaps Mourinho has had a quiet word?

Or maybe he sees Trollope as another cheap option who'll happily bend over when Tan tells him to?

What exactly has Tan seen to suggest that Trollope will be able to deliver a top 6 finish next season?

Or does Tan really not give a f**k what happens next season as long as we are not relegated?

Who knows what goes on in that head of his?

Sat May 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Massive opportunity for VT to create a positive atmos @ the CCS , he needs to get this right ! See little logic gambling with Trollope , if he was that good he'd have been more influential on performances !

Its either time for change or its not . If this is on the money , VT is being the usual muppet !

Sat May 14, 2016 5:23 pm

Vincent tan still doesn't obviously understand football if he puts trollope in charge he won't get us promoted imo

Carl do you actually know if anyone else is being interviewed if so any names?

Sat May 14, 2016 5:27 pm

langley wrote:Players love Trollopoe, that counts for a lot.

That is not a plus in my view. I want a manager the players respect, not like. Better still if they are a little bit scared of him. Everyone liked Ole but he was bloody. useless!

Sat May 14, 2016 5:31 pm

We need to go scouting for a manager not waiting to see who applies for the job.. :bluebird:
Other wise we just has well keep the crap we've been dealt.. :bluebird:
I wish Cardiff City would forget about the clowns and go for what the fans want. The fans are the best judge on who to bring in because we want the best for our precious club.. :bluebird:

Sat May 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Nemo wrote:

That is not a plus in my view. I want a manager the players respect, not like. Better still if they are a little bit scared of him. Everyone liked Ole but he was bloody. useless!

Meant to say , respect, other than like. Think he is a very good coach .

Sat May 14, 2016 5:34 pm

Tan will want Trollope because he will say YES Vincent, Yes Vincent, YES Vincent. And he will be cheap cheap cheap. So we had Slade and Trollope, but now we will have Trollope and Slade, but don't worry, the players like him :lol: :lol: :lol: you couldn't make it up. The joke that keeps on giving, that's CCFC :bluebird:

Sat May 14, 2016 5:35 pm

I will say something to support Trollope and thats because he was no2 to Slade it don't mean he doesnt have better ideas or wont be more succesful.
I was asked to be no2 for a welsh league youth side season before last. I got some good players to the club and believed we had a squad capable of a push for the title but the manager slowly messed it all up with his hoof ball approach , wierd formations and player positioning and odd substitutions and we finished about seventh after throwing games away and dropping points. I know and have been told that if he had listened to my ideas we would probably have been battling in the top 3.
So because slade didnt really set the world alight it dont mean Trollope wont be a success :ayatollah:

Sat May 14, 2016 5:35 pm

langley wrote:
Nemo wrote:

Meant to say , respect, other than like. Think he is a very good coach .

So why were we such utter dog shite for the last 6 games of the season (and not much better before that). Was Trollope on Annual Leave or something

Sat May 14, 2016 5:36 pm

I assumed that they got rid of slade as wanted to generate interest to well season tickets. If Tan just wants to tread water and compete might as well have kept slade as at least he knows how to keep us pretty much guarenteed mid table. Out of all the names mentioned trollope is the least imaginative, most underwellming with fans and is going to have the hardest ride with supporters as seen as another yes man. Tbh slade coming 8th with no money isnt awful and cant see trollope improving on this unfortunately. There are so many managers out of work who would take the job which makes the appointment all the more disapponiting although as with slade will support whoever is chosen.

As regards players liking him this group have had a pretty easy ride recently with two Nice guys in slade and olé and i believe they could do with a more aggressive style manager as many of the performances have been passive to say the least and lacked passion which can be generated by a lively manager

Sat May 14, 2016 5:36 pm

If he gets it he'll get my support.

Sat May 14, 2016 5:37 pm

The bookies seem convinced that Trollope has got the job and they usually get it right. Like others I'm completely underwhelmed. Someone like Paul Clement would have been a much better fit. Young, dynamic great contacts and experience. Well respected by the players. Bright and articulate. Ticks every box for me.

Sat May 14, 2016 5:41 pm

The bookies seem convinced that Trollope has got the job and they usually get it right. Like others I'm completely underwhelmed. Someone like Paul Clement would have been a much better fit. Young, dynamic great contacts and experience. Well respected by the players. Bright and articulate. Ticks every box for me.

Sat May 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Bluebeetle wrote:The bookies seem convinced that Trollope has got the job and they usually get it right. Like others I'm completely underwhelmed. Someone like Paul Clement would have been a much better fit. Young, dynamic great contacts and experience. Well respected by the players. Bright and articulate. Ticks every box for me.

Clement wouldn't nod and agree to whatever players tans board of yes men say they want to sign so that's my guess why the jobs being offered to another slade type :thumbup:

I mean carls post says it all with bellers and Warnock are not tan types, if people can not figure out what that means well they must be thick as shit :laughing6:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sat May 14, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat May 14, 2016 5:44 pm

If this is true then tan has missed a great opportunity to get the fans back . And season tickets sold I am sure with someone like Warnock this would happen. Players need to put a shift in he wouldn't stand for slackers. Oh well, Tan knows best!! :x

Sat May 14, 2016 5:46 pm

We are what we are, an unambitious mid table small championship club, with a clown of an owner and about to have a yes man as a manager :bluebird:

Sat May 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Like I said a few days back, best to take half the names brought up on this forum with a pinch of salt. It will be the same through the Summer with every available player being rumoured to be on his way here. I think we all need to take a reality check and remember that there is not going to be much money to play with for quite a while. I would put money on someone within the club getting the job, or someone who has a very low profile similar to Slade. I don't see any big name coming here.