Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PAUL TROLLOPE HAS TO REPORT TO/PLUS PLAYERS TO LEAVE

Wed May 18, 2016 1:45 pm

" PAUL TROLLOPE WILL HAVE TO REPORT TOO/ PLAYERS TOO LEAVE "

New Cardiff City boss Paul Trollope has to Report to CEO Ken Choo and Chairman Dalman for anything he requires regarding our first team etc.
Of course owner Vincent Tan who appointed him and had originally suggested Trollope should be the new head coach,will contact Trollope personally when he needs to.

Trollope will not have to report to ex boss Russell Slade for anything and Slade has been moved to other areas of our club.
Trollope is now in the middle of discussing his back room staff and it's expected that one new person will join them.

It is understood that Trollope will be expected to move on at least eight players this Summer, making way for new players.

The announcement is expected to be with in a week those that are leaving Cardiff City.

Re: PAUL TROLLOPE HAS TO REPORT TOO/PLUS PLAYERS TOO LEAVE

Wed May 18, 2016 1:52 pm

im not sure 8 is enough with the amount of dead wood we have at the club and im sure a few high earners will go to, i expect to see fabio marshall and manga all leave this summer replaced by poor lower league players,cant see trollope having the pulling factor when it comes to signings

Re: PAUL TROLLOPE HAS TO REPORT TO/PLUS PLAYERS TO LEAVE

Wed May 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Be interesting to see who goes.

Adeyemi, Dikagcoi, Macheda, Lewis, Manga (if the offer is right) and Kiss would be 6 that I would see as most likely out the door.

Be very interesting to see if Etien is still in the frame because the current club he was on loan to he had a decent spell according to reports.

Wed May 18, 2016 2:21 pm

Talking of Deadwood, its pleasing to hear that Scott Young is being moved out of the first team environment. I never did quite understand what he did other than stand up occasionally an wave his hands about in the corner of the 4th row of the dug-out.

If as is being reported that at least 8 players are going then that should clear the decks for the new blood that the club needs, no club can just go out and sign any number of players. I think you all need to remember that all football outside of the premier league is changing due to FFP, and as we know the impacts of FFP can cause big problems for clubs. It will be interesting this Summer to see what sort of money is invested in players throughout the championship.

With offloading those 8 players we can bring in a few quality signings (strikers) look to use some the up and coming young talent such as the Healeys and Sullivans of this world and we should be there or abouts.

The one thing we can all be sure about is better use of players in the matchday squad around tactics and substitutions

I think we should all take reality check and remember that Trollope is number 2 to Coleman with Wales so he must have something about him.
I THINK MY GLASS IS HALF FULL :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2016 2:28 pm

8 at least 15 need shipping out or sacking! :old:

Wed May 18, 2016 2:51 pm

Does anyone know exactly what Slades role is then? Because I have no idea...

Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 pm

arri potta wrote:8 at least 15 need shipping out or sacking! :old:

ID SAY 15 IS CLOSER TO THE MARK

Wed May 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Whistler wrote:Talking of Deadwood, its pleasing to hear that Scott Young is being moved out of the first team environment. I never did quite understand what he did other than stand up occasionally an wave his hands about in the corner of the 4th row of the dug-out.

If as is being reported that at least 8 players are going then that should clear the decks for the new blood that the club needs, no club can just go out and sign any number of players. I think you all need to remember that all football outside of the premier league is changing due to FFP, and as we know the impacts of FFP can cause big problems for clubs. It will be interesting this Summer to see what sort of money is invested in players throughout the championship.

With offloading those 8 players we can bring in a few quality signings (strikers) look to use some the up and coming young talent such as the Healeys and Sullivans of this world and we should be there or abouts.

The one thing we can all be sure about is better use of players in the matchday squad around tactics and substitutions

I think we should all take reality check and remember that Trollope is number 2 to Coleman with Wales so he must have something about him.
I THINK MY GLASS IS HALF FULL :ayatollah:

Good post very interesting indeed.

Wed May 18, 2016 6:02 pm

nubbsy wrote:Does anyone know exactly what Slades role is then? Because I have no idea...

Yes, he's director of football.
Going by the last two years, if you take into account transfers, team tactics, the ability to change those tactics when needed, making substitutions to affect a game, etc., etc. I wouldn't trust him to direct the f*cking traffic.