Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' RUSSELL SLADE HAD NO LUCK/CAN PAUL TROLLOPE?? '

Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:48 pm

RUSSELL SLADE HAD NO LUCK/CAN PAUL TROLLOPE??

Russell Slade Had No Luck with his Strikers? ? ?

So can Paul Trollope bring a striker in this Summer that could fire Cardiff to at least the play-offs?

Kenwyne Jones, Eion Doyle,Alex Revell, Tony Watt, Tom Lawrence, Kenneth Zohore – Slade certainly had no luck finding a consistent striker. One of Trollope’s first jobs should be to sign a consistent striker.

Cardiff’s downfall last season was their failure to find and utilise a prolific forward. At times midfielder Anthony Pilkington was playing up-front as strikers such as Tony Watt, Kenwyne Jones and Alex Revell departed with others just failing to score.

With a top class Championship forward, anything is possible and this should be the first priority on Cardiff’s list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' RUSSELL SLADE HAD NO LUCK/CAN PAUL TROLLOPE?? '

Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Don't hold your breath? There is little money to spend on players ! :o

Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Don't hold your breath? There is little money to spend on players ! :o

I agree.

All Championship clubs are looking for that elusive 2 goal a season striker who can help a promotion push and a lot of the other clubs in the division will have far more money available to them than we will to try and sign one.

We'll probably end up gambling on more lower league strikers or foreign loanees with the club doing it's usual thing of keeping it's fingers crossed and hoping for the best, as they've done with the appointment of Trollope really.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:22 pm

Slade signed poorly but I think it's more about how we set up. Far to narrow and defensive for strikers to do well.

I am confident we will be more flexible under Trollope, and give whatever strikers we have a chance.