Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY ARE LOOKING TO APPOINT '

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:15 am

' CARDIFF CITY ARE LOOKING TO APPOINT '

Cardiff City are looking to bring in someone to work with new head coach Paul Trollope who is currently away with Wales in the Euros, with who he also has a coaching role.

Former Cardiff City manager Lennie Lawrence is one of the names in the frame for a return to the Welsh capital and is a favourite amongst many City faithful.

Owner Vincent Tan, Chairman Dalman and CEO Ken Choo have drawn up a list and intend to interview them this month and announce the name sometime in June ready for when the players return to training in July.

Its still undecided whether Paul Trollope will be allowed to continue his coaching role with Wales.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY ARE LOOKING TO APPOINT '

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:42 am

Who wants Lennie Lawrence back ?

Thought we were moving forward

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:45 am

Get Phil Neville on the go :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:47 am

Why didn't they appoint someone who could work on his own?

Perhaps that's what Dalman meant when he said that appointing Trollope could turn out to be an expensive option - they have another salary for someone to hold Trollope's hand.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:53 am

davids wrote:Why didn't they appoint someone who could work on his own?

Perhaps that's what Dalman meant when he said that appointing Trollope could turn out to be an expensive option - they have another salary for someone to hold Trollope's hand.

very negative post and this is coming from me :roll: Let's see if the new set-up works first

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:11 am

All managers need an assistant. :roll:

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:49 am

Trollope appears to be a hands on manager who is involved in the coaching. This will mean an experienced assistant will be useful to help with the paperwork and to lend advice/friendly ear.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:30 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

This is worrying because I agree with you

Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:43 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

This is worrying because I agree with you

Common sense mun.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:19 pm

ThomasC wrote:

very negative post and this is coming from me :roll: Let's see if the new set-up works first

Davids is forever having a go at the club and Tan it seems like hes wishing failure on everything they do

Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:46 pm

It will be someone cheap, probably someone already at the club. It's going to be a miserable season ahead :cry:

Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:57 pm

wayne wrote:It will be someone cheap, probably someone already at the club. It's going to be a miserable season ahead :cry:

Yes the tea lady!! as got rid of young ect from 1st team duties?

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:18 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Davids is forever having a go at the club and Tan it seems like hes wishing failure on everything they do

Fact, one of a few extremely toxic posters on this forum.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:31 pm

Give the job to Dave Jones.
He still lives in the area,got plenty of contacts in the game and knows the club(and Tan)well.
Keep him away from that womens basketball team!!!!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:41 pm

Hopefully not another internal appointment they must be the worst interviewers ever in fairness

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:04 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

:lol: :lol:

With the amount of time and money I've spent following the club over the years believe me when I tell you that the last thing I wish is failure on the club. :thumbup: I would like nothing better than to see the club being successful but I am not going to be a happy clappy everythings wonderful type of supporter either.

In my honest opinion Tan knows absolutely nothing about football and he continues to show that on a regular basis. No-one can question his business sense (one look at his bank balance would confirm that!) but for me he is simply looking to get out of the club as quickly as possible and realises that his best chance of doing that is to have a debt free club.

And that's absolutely fair enough - I have no problem with that I really don't. What annoys me is the constant bullshit that comes from the club about how serious they are about getting promotion whilst everything they do would tend to suggest otherwise.

If you're happy with everything that goes on at the club good for you! I think we're just stumbling into another season of nothingness and mediocrity. If the club prove me wrong, believe me when I say that I will be the first hold my hand up and admit it.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Giggsy simple as that

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:40 pm

sir ninian wrote:Give the job to Dave Jones.
He still lives in the area,got plenty of contacts in the game and knows the club(and Tan)well.
Keep him away from that womens basketball team!!!!

Sound advice!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:55 pm

davids wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

:lol: :lol:

With the amount of time and money I've spent following the club over the years believe me when I tell you that the last thing I wish is failure on the club. :thumbup: I would like nothing better than to see the club being successful but I am not going to be a happy clappy everythings wonderful type of supporter either.

In my honest opinion Tan knows absolutely nothing about football and he continues to show that on a regular basis. No-one can question his business sense (one look at his bank balance would confirm that!) but for me he is simply looking to get out of the club as quickly as possible and realises that his best chance of doing that is to have a debt free club.

And that's absolutely fair enough - I have no problem with that I really don't. What annoys me is the constant bullshit that comes from the club about how serious they are about getting promotion whilst everything they do would tend to suggest otherwise.

If you're happy with everything that goes on at the club good for you! I think we're just stumbling into another season of nothingness and mediocrity. If the club prove me wrong, believe me when I say that I will be the first hold my hand up and admit it.

Being a competetive side in the championship is hardy mediocrity? I want Cardiff to compete at top level and i beli8eve we will in 2 to 3 seasons. As for Tan and the club yes they messed up but i honestly believe they will rectify it but it will take a few seasons to sort out..

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Well RS Has gone now so there is the spare money.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:54 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Russell was getting paid peanuts it's hardly guna free up a big sum in football terms

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:25 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Aston villa have appt coach/manager assistant and another person to help run 1st team!! :o