Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY GET BRILLIANT DRAW AWAY "

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:08 pm

BRISTOL ROVERS V CARDIFF CITY

Cardiff City will take on Bristol Rovers in the first round of this year's League Cup.

The two sides have not faced each other since the second round of the same competition in 2009, when Cardiff ran out 3-1 winners.

The match will take place in the week commencing August 8 and is likely to sell out Rovers' Memorial Stadium.

The Bluebirds also found out earlier that they will face Birmingham City at Saint Andrews on the opening day of the Championship season.

Here are all the Bluebirds' highlights from today including the Championship fixture announcement as well as the full draw for the 2016/17 EFL Cup.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY GET BRILLIANT DRAW AWAY "

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Southern draw

Peterborough v Wimbledon

Bristol Rovers v Cardiff

Luton v Aston Villa

Coventry v Portsmouth

Brighton v Colchester

Cheltenham v Charlton

Birmingham City v Oxford United

Southend United v Gillingham

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Crawley

Leyton Orient v Fulham

Ipswich v Stevenage

Wycombe Wanderers v Bristol City

Walsall v Yeovil

Exeter v Brentford

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:20 pm

Northern draw

Carlisle v Port Vale

Rotherham v Morecambe

Accrington Stanley v Bradford City

Rochdale v Chesterfield

Mansfield v Blackburn Rovers

Barnsley v Northampton Town

Cambridge v Sheffield Wednesday

Derby County v Grimsby

Oldham v Wigan Athletic

Scunthorpe v Notts County

Doncaster v Nottingham Forest

Burton Albion v Bury

Fleetwood v Leeds United

Sheffield United v Crewe Alexandra

Shrewsbury v Huddersfield Town

Preston North End v Hartlepool

Blackpool v Bolton Wanderers

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:25 pm

paul trollopes old team, my cousin married a Bristol rovers fan, and he said they didn't like Trollope, he took them backwards, big time. needed lennie with him.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:29 pm

My other half works and lives just around the corner from Filton Avenue (Memorial Ground). Great draw for me only a 2 minute walk. :D

Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Really happy with this, will try and go if I can arrange travel and get it off work :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:56 pm

Great draw for us fans! Why have they renamed everything though? And worse still called it the "English" .... Cup or the "English" football league? there's a few teams from premier league down to league 2 in Wales and it strikes me as a very odd thing to do. If they must called it after a country then why not called it the Welsh elite league? Yes exactly it's sounds abit mad but it's the same thing just spun around. After all we came above England in the euro table! :)
It just seems abit insensitive and no wonder people who come to Wales from elsewhere call us English (by mistake) And not realise that Wales is actually a separate country. Now I know this is something that's has been going on for years but in this day and age you'd think they would have got it right by now! The more Welsh teams that make it up into the football league the more styange it's going to look! Rant over

Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:57 pm

Havnt been to rovers for years remmber going to eastville a couple of times went one year in the league cup we one the tie tony evans scored four I think I was only fourteen at the time we went by train it kicked off big time .ive never been to the memorial ground lat time we played rover was a couple of seasons ago should be a good tie

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:36 pm

Tasty! Teza

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:54 pm

Great draw for a brill severnside derby.

Blooobirds Forever !!! :bluescarf: :bluebird: :thumbup:

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:04 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Great draw for us fans! Why have they renamed everything though? And worse still called it the "English" .... Cup or the "English" football league? there's a few teams from premier league down to league 2 in Wales and it strikes me as a very odd thing to do. If they must called it after a country then why not called it the Welsh elite league? Yes exactly it's sounds abit mad but it's the same thing just spun around. After all we came above England in the euro table! :)
It just seems abit insensitive and no wonder people who come to Wales from elsewhere call us English (by mistake) And not realise that Wales is actually a separate country. Now I know this is something that's has been going on for years but in this day and age you'd think they would have got it right by now! The more Welsh teams that make it up into the football league the more styange it's going to look! Rant over

It's called the English Football League because that's what it is.

Re: UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY GET BRILLIANT DRAW AWAY "

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:46 pm

Cardiff City will take on Bristol Rovers in the first round of this year's League Cup.

The two sides have not faced each other since the second round of the same competition in 2009, when Cardiff ran out 3-1 winners.

The match will take place in the week commencing August 8 and is likely to sell out Rovers' Memorial Stadium.

The Bluebirds also found out earlier that they will face Birmingham City at Saint Andrews on the opening day of the Championship season.

Here are all the Bluebirds' highlights from today including the Championship fixture announcement as well as the full draw for the 2016/17 EFL Cup.

Re: UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY GET BRILLIANT DRAW AWAY "

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Happy with this :bluescarf: