Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When we signed Taiwo...

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:58 pm

Shouldn't we have gone for Savage instead?

I'm not Savage's biggest fan, but surely he would have given our midfield more competition for places? I don't think he was particularly in favour at the beginning of the season at Derby and he would have cost half of what Taiwo cost at the very most, if he would have cost anything at all. In fact, there are probably quite a few midfielders around that would have been better value thatn Taiwo

Re: When we signed Taiwo...

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Maybe transfer fee but wages would have been huge and surpasses monthly wage in a week I'd guess.

If we had signed Savage people would have kicked off.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Trouble is hes marmite aint he..either love him or hate him,thought he was very very good last nite against Noocastle!!

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:18 pm

kavanagh wrote:Trouble is hes marmite aint he..either love him or hate him,thought he was very very good last nite against Noocastle!!

i have always admired savage, think he works his bollox off in a game always gives 100% love to see him at ccs, but more hate him than love him :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:23 pm

I think he would add something to our midfield
last year he made me laugh, the last night game at ninian when he pretended to pick coins up off the pitch :lol: as i think it was the game before we played derby was the swansea game

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm

With Savage in midfield, I think our players would buck their ideas up as well. No way he'll let anyone go hiding without a rollicking

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Nottage Blue very good point need someone with bollocks taking responsability, Sick of going on about this but our midfield has been sub standard for two seasons now. :evil:

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Taiwo has prooved as much use as 'The Welshgirl' would be on the pitch.

Another awful signing from our manager!

This is his team remember nobody else's

:geek:

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:52 pm

I wonder, when we signed this 24 year old non-league journeyman, why wasn't the £250,000 we paid linked to appearances? £50,000 would have been a bit overpriced, but acceptable(ish) and as he's proved to be well out of his depth, we won't be paying any more to Dagenham, who must be laughing all the way to the bank. Who negotiated the deal? Riddler or Jones?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I wonder, when we signed this 24 year old non-league journeyman, why wasn't the £250,000 we paid linked to appearances? £50,000 would have been a bit overpriced, but acceptable(ish) and as he's proved to be well out of his depth, we won't be paying any more to Dagenham, who must be laughing all the way to the bank. Who negotiated the deal? Riddler or Jones?

but when we signed him the nane "soloman taiwo'' sounded impressive :lol: