Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATE ON PILKINGTON / FABIO DA SILVA / ZOHORE & LE FONDRE '

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:35 pm

' UPDATE ON PILKINGTON / FABIO DA SILVA & ZOHORE '

The Current position on the following Cardiff City Players.

Anthony Pilkington has been allowed to speak to QPR over a possible move to Loftus Road.

Fabio Da Silva has however has decided to see out his contract at the bluebirds and wants to play for Cardiff City next season.
Fabio has told new manager Paul Trollope of his wishes.

Cardiff have also secured their third signing of Kenneth Zohore who spent a short time at the end of last season on loan at the club.

Adam Le Fondre has been dropped from the first team and told to find a new club,but mean while will have to train with the Under 21's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: UPDATE ON PILKINGTON / FABIO DA SILVA / ZOHORE & LE FOND

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Is the Pilks situation all about saving money? We must keep him. Excellent player, both as winger and striker. Committed and full of skill.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:49 am

bluemun wrote:Is the Pilks situation all about saving money? We must keep him. Excellent player, both as winger and striker. Committed and full of skill.

Tan still wants the wages reduced drastically.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Or pilks moving to make way for jonny Williams

Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:51 pm

Shame about pilks. Higher earner I would guess. But on the brighter side I would imagine he's making way for a new winger. Cotril maybe if the rumours are true!

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Positive news.

Everyone says we need better wingers and strikers yet want to keep pilks on a huge wage? Someone explain?

Thankfully Tan now seems to be running us properly.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Positive news.

Everyone says we need better wingers and strikers yet want to keep pilks on a huge wage? Someone explain?

Depends on who comes in to replace him. If we are going to get rid of a winger who would get us a fee and I'm guessing he's on big wages if would be Noone.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:50 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Positive news.

Depends on who comes in to replace him. If we are going to get rid of a winger who would get us a fee and I'm guessing he's on big wages if would be Noone.

Pilkington frustrated me as a winger as he is not very quick. His delivery is good though.

If we keep him we need to get some pace somewhere else in midfield.

There is talk about keeping him on as a striker but that doesn't really excite me.. he did 'ok' in our emergency last season but its not sustainable keeping him as a striker.

Ideally I'd like to see him shift into the middle more as I think he's be effective with his passing ability and movement and see a quick winger brought in.