Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' COULD CARDIFF CITY SIGN THE WELSH GOALIE? '

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:41 am

' COULD CARDIFF CITY SIGN THE WELSH GOALIE? '

' IF AND A BIG IF DAVID MARSHALL LEAVES CARDIFF CITY? '

Cardiff City will be looking for a replacement.

David Marshall has stated he wants to stay at Cardiff City and his family are settled and very happy living in Cardiff, but money talks and City would accept a good offer for him.

Wayne Hennessey: Crystal Palace and Wales goalie,but will struggle to get a place this season.

With rumours still linking David Marshall with a move to the Premier League becoming a reoccurring theme in every transfer window, Wayne Hennessey could be an ideal replacement if the Scotland international does decide to say goodbye. Standing at 6ft 6", the 29 year-old is another stand out performer who Cardiff could acquire from Palace. Having signed French international Steve Mandanda a few days ago.

Crystal Palace have also got long servant Julian Speroni back from injury, so Wayne Hennessey may struggle for game time this forthcoming season. However, strong performances at the tournament mean club's with bigger budgets may well be interested if he becomes available.

Its believed Hennessey was told at the end of last season he could leave if a club came in for him.

How would he fit in?

Even if David Marshall doesn't leave, Hennessey could give the Scot a bit of competition, as current back up Simon Moore isn't getting a look in. Hennessey would look to start if he dropped back down into the Championship and could see Moore leave the club. Having Hennessey and Marshall as the two options available in goal, The Bluebirds would look very strong in the defensive half of the field.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' COULD CARDIFF CITY SIGN THE WELSH GOALIE? '

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:01 am

If Marshall does leave I would be very happy with Wayne Hennesy

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:01 am

I'd be very happy with him

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:34 am

I don't rate him tbh.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:57 am

Hope not. He's nowhere near Marshalls standard.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:17 pm

If Marshall was good enough for Premiership he would have gone last season, Hennessy has been there and done it?

Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:38 pm

He deals with crosses far better than Marshall in my opinion. I'd be happy if this was the case.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Never going to happen,it means Tan would have to spend a transfer fee.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:11 pm

ianto13 wrote:If Marshall was good enough for Premiership he would have gone last season, Hennessy has been there and done it?

So has marshal, he was player of the season in the premier league. Also, clubs have come in for him but the club has said no

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:09 pm

nubbsy wrote:
ianto13 wrote:If Marshall was good enough for Premiership he would have gone last season, Hennessy has been there and done it?

So has marshal, he was player of the season in the premier league. Also, clubs have come in for him but the club has said no

Spot on. How anyone can criticise Marshall is beyond belief. Our best player and simply a world-class keeper that we are lucky to have. In our PL season, he was widely acknowledged as one of the best GKs in the league.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Where's Marshy going to go ?

Of the promoted teams, Boro just got Victor Valdes, Burnley got an equivalent (many wanted him to replace Marshall), with Hull having the keeper who'll probably take his Scottish jersey from him.

Can't really see him being first choice in the top 12 nor taking the risk of moving his family to be relegated the nest season

Marshy will still be here..

Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:01 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Spot on. How anyone can criticise Marshall is beyond belief. Our best player and simply a world-class keeper that we are lucky to have. In our PL season, he was widely acknowledged as one of the best GKs in the league.[/quote

Agree, Marshall is an excellent keeper and should be on the Premier league, family reasons seem to be a big reason why he's still here, but if Marshall feels he needs a new challenge and left I would be happy with Hennessey to replace him.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Hennessey would be an excellent replacement

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:15 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Spot on. How anyone can criticise Marshall is beyond belief. Our best player and simply a world-class keeper that we are lucky to have. In our PL season, he was widely acknowledged as one of the best GKs in the league.[/quote

Agree, Marshall is an excellent keeper and should be on the Premier league, family reasons seem to be a big reason why he's still here, but if Marshall feels he needs a new challenge and left I would be happy with Hennessey to replace him.

Marshall world class are you fuckin joking me he plays in the second tier of English football. Hennessey is better than Marshall imo.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Hennessey over Marshall all day long I'm afraid. Sorry Marshall lovers.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Would be great business

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:43 pm

nick_strin wrote:I don't rate him tbh.

neither do I, he wasn't up to much in the Euros if the truth be known

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:03 pm

Dahboy wrote:Hennessey over Marshall all day long I'm afraid. Sorry Marshall lovers.

I would say that Marshall is the better shot stopper while Hennessey is better at coming for corners/crosses.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:34 pm

Marshall is a good Championship goalkeeper and an excellent shot stopper but his weaknesses are coming out to crosses,kicking and short fuse.That's why we have not had a decent offer for him? TAN would take 1m and Heaton has proved to be the better keeper who left on a free?