Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' HAL ROBSON KANU WALES/CCFC UPDATE '

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:36 pm

' HAL ROBSON KANU WALES/CCFC UPDATE '

Hal Robson Kanu is a striker in demand after his goal scoring feat in the Euro's and in particular 'that goal' versus Belguim in the Quarter Finals.

Prior to the tournament, Robson Kanu's contract with Reading had run its course and the player entered the Championships without being attached to a club.

With Vincent Tan wishing to see more Welsh players in the Cardiff City squad and the Bluebirds being in the market for a striker, Robson Kanu was an obvious choice to consider.

Unfortunately for the club's heirarchy, the Welsh striker's recent performance in France has seen his wage demands soar, coupled with the fact there is no transfer fee to pay.

I am told that City have been told that it would take wages of £40k pw to sign Robson Kanu plus a signing on fee.

With cutbacks still to be done at CCS, City fans hoping to see Robson Kanu don a Bluebirds shirt will have to wait a few more seasons yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' HAL ROBSON KANU WALES/CCFC UPDATE '

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:44 pm

I am not going to argue that he should not make the most of his current profile but we all know he is not worth that and he is a second tier striker at best.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Do you know if we are even still in the market for another striker now carl after fred and zohore signing?

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:51 pm

You can't demand 40k after 1 world class goal and some good performances. Reading fans will tell you how poor he can be.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:55 pm

he's not worth half of that, much better strikers than him around

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:55 pm

It's a major tournament, everyone upped their performance. People think he is now class after a few games, a joke really

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:04 pm

Good luck to the lad.

I would be absolutely furious if Cardiff City paid him a quarter of that amount per week.

Average player who's scored one decent goal.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:12 pm

He's making the most of his few weeks in the sun,I'm not sure he's the type of striker we'll look for after signing the two lads there,if anything we need a lightning quick striker to play alongside wat we got

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:34 pm

£40k a week - Tan says NO .

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:48 am

40k a week my arse! He doesn't score ffs!!!!!

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 am

nubbsy wrote:40k a week my arse! He doesn't score ffs!!!!!

No that's why reading got rid of him!

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:You can't demand 40k after 1 world class goal and some good performances. Reading fans will tell you how poor he can be.

err, you can, and he will probably get more than that, the market decides what he gets, not you. premier league and chinese clubs are awash with more money than they have ever had, and people like robson kanu are the beneficiaries of that.

what is £2m in wages nowadays? a drop in the ocean. his goal record at club level is poor and it is a total gamble to sign a player based upon the euros, but is a gamble worth taking for a few PL clubs.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:50 am

Looks like hull city heavily linked for him were ever he goes good luck to him :bluescarf: