Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NEW UPDATE ON JAZZ RICHARDS '

Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:52 pm

UPDATE ON JAZZ RICHARDS

Jazz Richards was at the Cardiff City training ground on Wednesday, he met the squad at the Vale and Paul Trollope before he underwent his medical.

Scott Malone's deal with Fulham has all been agreed but the left back won't make the move to London until City get everything finalised with the Richards deal.

I have not been told exactly what the hold up is except that City are still working to sort out some minor detail.

That suggests to me that it is not his medical that is a problem but likely to be connected to the finances of the deal.

Hopefully we get it done if it is right for the club but who knows ???

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175001 :ayatollah:
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEW UPDATE ON JAZZ RICHARDS '

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Could it be to do with international clearance?
If so, you'd expect this deal to be complete tomorrow or on Monday!
Great swap in my opinion!

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:28 pm

bakerbluebird wrote:Could it be to do with international clearance?

He's Welsh though. :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:34 pm

norms76 wrote:
bakerbluebird wrote:Could it be to do with international clearance?

He's Welsh though. :lol:

Welsh FA & English FA?

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:36 pm

I think we just need to throw something in to sweeten the deal for them... :lol:

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:47 pm

This is a great deal imo more signings like this and more fans will come back to our club.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Ang on a bit.....it hasn't happened yet!

Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:17 pm

bluemun wrote:Ang on a bit.....it hasn't happened yet!

It may not have happened yet but it is becoming more and more likely

Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:22 pm

This is not a new update. Exactly where we knew it was 2 days ago.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:03 am

ashi83 wrote:This is not a new update. Exactly where we knew it was 2 days ago.

We thought it was his medical, but it wasn't,its more to do with City on the financial side of it.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:20 am

if he wants to much money then hopefully we can just sell Malone and move on to other targets. plent of good wing backs about

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:08 pm

I think it is more to do with City wanting to get their Malone money back rather than Jazz and his wages being the problem :thumbup:

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:25 pm

If we are going with the Welsh system I really don't see the need of signing a wing back.we got Fabio on the right and I think it's time to bleed John into the team he's got all the attacking attributes behind him and I think if we're going with 3 Cbs he's got plenty of cover defensively especially if we keep manga :thumbright:

Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Double G wrote:if he wants to much money then hopefully we can just sell Malone and move on to other targets. plent of good wing backs about

It was stated here that he's agreed terms so I don't think it'll be him holding it up.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:31 pm

norms76 wrote:
Double G wrote:if he wants to much money then hopefully we can just sell Malone and move on to other targets. plent of good wing backs about

It was stated here that he's agreed terms so I don't think it'll be him holding it up.

Norms, they both passed medicals :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Scott Malone deal all done(but needs Jazz to go through), just now waiting on Jazz/City/Fulham money.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Norms, they both passed medicals :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Scott Malone deal all done(but needs Jazz to go through), just now waiting on Jazz/City/Fulham money.

Probably waiting on Fulham to pay what's owed to him maybe?

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:03 pm

was jazz watching at Shrewsbury today i wonder ?

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:15 pm

sure we can get him by monday and we should go for a winger

LATEST UPDATE ON JAZZ RICHARDS

Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Latest on Jazz Richards (and other potential signings) from Paul Trollope:

Speaking after yesterday's 4 - 0 friendly win at Shrewsburg Paul Trollope was asked about the potential signing of Fulham and Wales defender Jazz Richards.

"We are linked with him (Richards) very heavily. We are hoping that's going to be completed in the very near future and we think he'll be a great addition to the squad," said Trollope.

"We've shown today there are some good younger players who are coming through to make an impact, so we are pleased with where we are, but like most clubs at most levels we are looking to add a few new faces to strengthen the team.

"I think there are a few signings to come. We are actively looking to strengthen - I think the group is a good group, there's a good core here.

"With the emergency loan window not at our disposal this year it's important that we have strength in depth."

Scott Malone is set to be part of the Richards deal with the former Millwall player moving to Craven Cottage.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:37 pm

so this was totally wrong then as hes currently having a medical now

Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:53 pm

Double G wrote:so this was totally wrong then as hes currently having a medical now

is he def having a medical today?

Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:17 pm

according to a lot of media sources he is

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ashi83 wrote:This is not a new update. Exactly where we knew it was 2 days ago.

We thought it was his medical, but it wasn't,its more to do with City on the financial side of it.

We're throwing a hard bargain these days maybe?