Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED ' LATEST NEWS ON CARDIFF'S ADAM LE FONDRE '

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:50 am

" UPDATED " Sunday 17th July 2016

Former club Reading are front-runners to re-sign Adam Le Fondre from Cardiff City.

' LATEST NEWS ON CARDIFF'S ADAM LE FONDRE '

Adam Le Fondre Signed from Reading for a fee of £1 million by Cardiff City, Le Fondre failed to really settle in Wales and fell out with manager Russell Slade pretty quickly.

After being sent out on loan to first Bolton and then Wolves it seems like his time at Cardiff could be coming to an end, and possibly a return to Reading could even be on the cards.

A number of championship clubs have shown interest in the Cardiff City striker,but due to see Cardiff wanting a fee and Le Fondre's believed £25,000 a week wages they have been put off.

Front runners are Le Fondre's old club Reading,they are prepared to take over Le Fondre's existing contract,but don't want to pay a fee and remember they would have to pay Le Fondre a signing on fee.

If he does not move on,will Le Fondre feature in new Cardiff City's managers plans this season or will he be an exspensive player sat in the stands?

Adam Le Fondre would ‘love’ to rejoin Reading for a second time.

The former Royals favourite left in 2014 when the club were forced to sell him to Cardiff City to settle an unpaid tax bill.

But he has never settled in south Wales and, having enjoying a successful loan spell at Bolton last season, he is currently back with Cardiff City.

Le Fondre admits he would never rule out the opportunity of rejoining the club he served so well.

“I would love it,” said Le Fondre who scored 51 goals in all competions between 2011-14 for the Royals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' LATEST NEWS ON CARDIFF'S ADAM LE FONDRE '

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:56 am

Take the losses if reading really are taking over his 25k that's good enough.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:12 am

if hes willing to get his head down and work hard to get in the 1st team then id be willing to let him have a chance. certainly a priben goalscorer even if its coming off the bench. would be wasted in the dev team

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:14 am

Double G wrote:if hes willing to get his head down and work hard to get in the 1st team then id be willing to let him have a chance. certainly a priben goalscorer even if its coming off the bench. would be wasted in the dev team

Gareth, I agree with you there, if like you say he puts head down and gives 100%.
I believe he could then get City up to 20 goals this season.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Double G wrote:if hes willing to get his head down and work hard to get in the 1st team then id be willing to let him have a chance. certainly a priben goalscorer even if its coming off the bench. would be wasted in the dev team

Gareth, I agree with you there, if like you say he puts head down and gives 100%.

20 goals ? the sun and spanish lager is getting to you now :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:26 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

20 goals ? the sun and spanish lager is getting to you now :lol:

:lol:

Wez, how did Le Fondre do for Reading,when he was there?

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:29 am

Adam Le Fondre scored 51 goals in all competions between 2011-14 for the Royals.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:36 am

Expensive flop for us and had enough chances to establish himself , failed to make it out on loan at Bolton and Wolves , take the hit on what he cost us and move on , reportedly on high wages and probably a sticking point to interested clubs

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:Adam Le Fondre scored 51 goals in all competions between 2011-14 for the Royals.

not a 20 goal a season striker then :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:45 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Adam Le Fondre scored 51 goals in all competions between 2011-14 for the Royals.

not a 20 goal a season striker then :lol:

Nearly :lol:

Le Fondre in a struggling Premier League side(Reading) scored 12 goals.

Re: UPDATED ' LATEST NEWS ON CARDIFF'S ADAM LE FONDRE '

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:03 am

scored 12 in premier league 2012/13
scored 15 in championship 2013/14
scored 8 in 17 games in championship for bolton 2014/15 and 3 for us

cant see why he wont score a load for us if given the supply and willing to try

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:19 am

Double G wrote:scored 12 in premier league 2012/13

TBH G this is all irrelevant as there are other factors at work here.I say cut your losses but I guess its down to Trollope.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:27 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

TBH G this is all irrelevant as there are other factors at work here.I say cut your losses but I guess its down to Trollope.

Or down to Vincent Tan

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:37 am

If Lefondre was not played on the wing perhaps be would have scored more goals, but having said that even when occasionally playing in the middle he could not score :thumbup:

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:44 am

Only played a few games wide and then played alongside Kiko mostly. Looked dreadful as a goalscorer, which is what he's supposed to be. I'd say Vinnie the Red will want him shifted off the wage bill, but also Trollope will have other players in mind. Why else have him and Kiko been training with the U.21s?

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:45 am

Homesick for 'Up North' but would love to go back to Reading.
WTF ?

Robbie Savage School Of Geography :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I believe he could then get City up to 20 goals this season.[/qu

He has never got anyone else 20 goals at Championship level or above. Don't see any reason why he would start doing that now. Doesn't matter anyway. If he is getting 25k a week we can't afford to keep him. Get rid asap.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:02 am

The key point here is 'if he gets his head down he could be in the starting team'

Personally I would not pay someone £2.50 a week let alone 25k 'if' it was upto the player 'if' they could be bothered or not.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:20 am

Thought he said he didn't want to be here next season - get shot of him - we need players who really want to play, not stick around for the money. £25k pw! another shocker from Ole! :wave:

Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:25 am

Get rid just let reading take over his wages he has declined massively as a player over the last 3 seasons.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:46 am

phildavies wrote:Get rid just let reading take over his wages he has declined massively as a player over the last 3 seasons.

totally agree

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Or down to Vincent Tan

Well,as I'm given to understand he's not part of the first team squad and I guess that decision was made by someone after talking to the player(most likely Trollope or Choo and maybe even Lennie).This smacks as a matter of discipline to me and after his press comments in the last 18mths I wouldn't want him anywhere near the first team.Of course I'm only guessing but wouldn't Tan want him to knuckle down and earn his money?

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Or down to Vincent Tan

Well,as I'm given to understand he's not part of the first team squad and I guess that decision was made by someone after talking to the player(most likely Trollope or Choo and maybe even Lennie).This smacks as a matter of discipline to me and after his press comments in the last 18mths I wouldn't want him anywhere near the first team.Of course I'm only guessing but wouldn't Tan want him to knuckle down and earn his money?

I tend to agree that this all smacks of discipline and it appears Le Fondre hasn't helped his cause with his public comments in the past. Where I slightly disagree is in that I honestly believe Vincent Tan would let any player 'rot' once that player has burned his boat in his (Tan's) eyes until he can be moved on ;)

We have seen Tan take some pretty big 'hits' on transfer fee balances in versus out since his arrival and the only 'great' piece of business I can remember was the exit fee of El Pitbull :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:03 pm

I think I was more patient with him than most on here at the time but I believe we should get rid if there's a club like Reading willing to take on his contract.
He's had plenty of chances here .... move on.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:08 pm

Jul 17

Former club Reading are front-runners to re-sign Adam Le Fondre from Cardiff City.