Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' HATRED OF CARDIFF CITY FANS '

Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:07 pm

" HATRED OF CARDIFF CITY FANS "

Out in a bar in Majorca with Annis and there is a group of older Leeds fans in here.

We get talking to them, as football fans do, and their hatred of Cardiff City is incredible considering how big Leeds Utd have been and what clubs they have come across in their years.

One of the Leeds fans said that he hates Cardiff only behind one other club, Man Utd, though he did say Man Utd 1st team, Man Utd reserves and Man Utd U18's.

Another one said you are in the top three of our most hated, behind Man Utd and Chelsea.

One actually said he hates us as much as Man Utd.

They took the mick a bit saying how good their away support is, claiming they had the biggest away support of last season, beating every team across all four divisions and ridiculed our support at Leeds whenever we go there.

They genuinely believe that Leeds have their best manager since David O'Leary, they believe they have the best players they have had since O'Leary and they believe that they will get promoted with Monk this season.

I disagreed with them.

Their hatred of Cardiff City all comes from 'that game', I have always believed we beat them in the FA Cup and the downfall of Leeds Utd began.

One said we would never talk to a Cardiff fan but the fact he has got to know Annis over the years he said I will make an exception.

Annis did say that's why everyone hates Leeds because you got no respect for anyone bar yourselves.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' HATRED OF CARDIFF CITY FANS '

Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:00 pm

Exactly,nobody likes the dirty Leeds.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:02 pm

I was on holiday in majorca a couple of years after the leeds game whe a gobby leeds fan asked me what badge was on my t shirt I told him cardiff he had a few lads with him and there girlfriends he started mouthing on so I let him have his say .he started telling me what Leeds where going to do us when we played them how much he hated cardiff because of that fa cup game .i was forty at the time this lad was twenty one .then I had my say after I put him straight on a few things even his mates couldn't believe what I was saying .at the time I was with my wife and youngest son but I told him straight what goes round comes round and he new nothing about the history bewteen cardiff and Leeds and why City gave them a horrible time in the fa cup .after I walked away I went to the bar later and his mates said that there mate was out of order so they apoloigised fair enough I said .even though I always look forward to leeds coming to cardiff and I still view them as big club I dislike them with a passion yes they have a good away following and loyal as well but they have no respect for anyone

Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:20 pm

Horrible club with horrible fans hope they get relegated big club my arse.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:25 pm

:lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Theyve gone to plenty of places over the years and taken the piss, just dont like it when theyre on the receiving end. Didnt see them complaining when they went on the rampage in Bournemouth, or in 1975 v Bayern. Fook em.

But they are a big club.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:46 pm

The hatred goes all the way back to 1972 when they beat us 0-2 at Ninian park in the fa cup and their mob got totally and utterly destroyed, before, during and after the game. Certainly up there with the infamous man utd match as far as trouble goes. They gave us some payback in 74 when we played at their place in another fa cup game.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:43 pm

Northern scum.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:52 pm

But what a game tho!!!!
Happy with the hatred as long as seeing that Scott Young goal always send a shiver down my spine.
Great day that was on the bob bank

Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:31 pm

Surprised they hate us so much?? Just one game or maybe we did start there downfall?? Thing I always find odd is that we accommodate their fans down here but they always either ban us or make it voucher exchange and it's always midweek or earlier ko?? Why? I did hear they struggled to cope the first time we went there in the championship with some 1500 ccfc, but surely they deal with much larger away support all the time?

Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:13 pm

frazier wrote:The hatred goes all the way back to 1972 when they beat us 0-2 at Ninian park in the fa cup and their mob got totally and utterly destroyed, before, during and after the game. Certainly up there with the infamous man utd match as far as trouble goes. They gave us some payback in 74 when we played at their place in another fa cup game.

Spot on Frazier that's exactly what I told that gobby Leeds fan in majorca that day our fans took a pasting that day and they never forgot it so when we drew them that day City came fans came from every where that day .strange thing all the worst trouble always seemed to happen in fa cup ties

Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:04 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
frazier wrote:The hatred goes all the way back to 1972 when they beat us 0-2 at Ninian park in the fa cup and their mob got totally and utterly destroyed, before, during and after the game. Certainly up there with the infamous man utd match as far as trouble goes. They gave us some payback in 74 when we played at their place in another fa cup game.

Spot on Frazier that's exactly what I told that gobby Leeds fan in majorca that day our fans took a pasting that day and they never forgot it so when we drew them that day City came fans came from every where that day .strange thing all the worst trouble always seemed to happen in fa cup ties

These accounts don't match up. Who took a pasting in 72, us or them?

Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:38 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

These accounts don't match up. Who took a pasting in 72, us or them?

We gave them a hiding in 72, and they gave it to us in 74.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:37 am

I definitely think they look back to that match. It all seemed to fall apart for them after that :D

To be fair, even though I agree that Monk isn't the best manager they've had, they would be my outside bet for the play-offs.

I look at some of their signings and wouldn't be surprised to see them in the top six.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:53 am

Don't rate monk at all, he just took over after decent managers at the Liberty, all the jacks I know were relieved to see him go as they felt he was taking them down. Leeds will not make it back for years yet.... :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:31 pm

bunch of scum bags tho aint they, i was only saying to the mrs the other day while the boxing was on how much they are a bunch of skiprats this just confirms it

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:41 pm

They broke our hoodoo on them last season and I suspect they will now go 40 years unbeaten against us :roll:

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:14 pm

Everthing about Leeds is dirty from the fans, owner, manager, and the city in general