Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' A GOOD CHANCE OF A DECENT START FOR CITY '

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:07 am

' A GOOD CHANCE OF A DECENT START FOR CITY '

With the new season upon us and all the pre-season friendlies done, it is down to business in the league campaign for the Bluebirds starting in just 6 days at Birmingham.

With a change of manager, it looks evident a change of system is to be adopted for the new campaign.

There hasn't been a flurry of new signings, especially if you consider that Immers and Zohore were here last season but there does seem to be some kind of optimism surrounding the squad.

Players are talking about promotion, which is expected at the start of the season, but fans who have attended the pre-season games seem buoyed by some of the play City have displayed.

Managers sometimes talk of breaking the season down into sets of five games (Dave Jones did anyway) and looking to take 2 points per game, I believe the first set of five fixtures can be where we can achieve 2 points a game ratio or possibly even slightly better.

We play away, home, home, away then home during August against Birmingham, QPR, Blackburn, Fulham and Reading respectively.

Judging by our overall results and performances last season, I am hopeful of seeing 3 wins and a draw in those five games.

If at the end of the month we have amassed 10 or more points then we will have got off to a decent start, add another draw then it will be very good, produce a fourth win and the confidence will be extremely high.

Obviously I am basing my hopes on winning our home games, which I don't think is a stretch too far and picking up a point, or possibly more at one of the away games.

Is it possible, anything is possible, is it achievable ?

Yes I believe it is.

We could certainly do with a couple of additions but it does seem to be a case of one out and one in at CCS at the moment, so unless we can get Macheda, Le Fondre and Dikgacoi then we will probably go with what we got but as Trollope said yesterday he expects a lot of activity at the end of the transfer window.

Who else is hopeful of a decent points haul for August ?

Birmingham - Away
QPR - Home
Blackburn - Home
Fulham - Away
Reading - Home

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' A GOOD CHANCE OF A DECENT START FOR CITY '

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:09 am

Carl,

For me City have a great chance here to get at least 10 points from the 15points available, if we are going to be serious promotion contenders then we should be looking at 12 points from 15 points here :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:16 am

I wouldn't be surprised if we started off to an absolute flier with our new approach and management and the positive vibes I feel around the team and we have good pretty decent fixtures to start with looking forward to it. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:Carl,

For me City have a great chance here to get at least 10 points from the 15points available, if we are going to be serious promotion contenders then we should be looking at 12 points from 15 points here :ayatollah:

The good thing about looking at points over 5 games Annis is that if you get over the 10 points from 15 available then you can suffer a dip in the next 5 games and still be on track.

I agree that we could get more than 10 points from the first 5 games and if we do then it will certainly help when the next set of 5 games start which see us play 3 away (Norwich, Preston and Rotherham) and 2 home (Leeds and Derby).

I think it is massively important to do well in the first five games :thumbup:

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:33 am

I think 10 is achieveable. The bookies have Birmingham as 1 of the favourites to go down which surprised me

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:34 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we started off to an absolute flier with our new approach and management and the positive vibes I feel around the team and we have good pretty decent fixtures to start with looking forward to it. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

They are decent fixtures Ryan to get started :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:36 am

KBK-13 wrote:I think 10 is achieveable. The bookies have Birmingham as 1 of the favourites to go down which surprised me

I agree that 10 is achievable, I am surprised if Birmingham are one of the favourites to go down, Rowett seems to have done a good job there.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:42 am

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Carl,

The good thing about looking at points over 5 games Annis is that if you get over the 10 points from 15 available then you can suffer a dip in the next 5 games and still be on track.

I agree that we could get more than 10 points from the first 5 games and if we do then it will certainly help when the next set of 5 games start which see us play 3 away (Norwich, Preston and Rotherham) and 2 home (Leeds and Derby).

I think it is massively important to do well in the first five games :thumbup:

Carl, For me those first five games have given City a chance to get off to a flying start, then the next five games get a bit tricky where City will have to be at their best :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:49 am

carlccfc wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:I think 10 is achieveable. The bookies have Birmingham as 1 of the favourites to go down which surprised me

I agree that 10 is achievable, I am surprised if Birmingham are one of the favourites to go down, Rowett seems to have done a good job there.

They are 5/1, 5th favourites. Thought mid table for them. Have they lost players?

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:51 am

KBK-13 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

They are 5/1, 5th favourites. Thought mid table for them. Have they lost players?

That does surprise me, not sure if they have lost players but I read that they may start with an 18 yr old striker who has impressed in pre-season.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:14 am

Be great if we could 10 points but I think 8 points is more realistic.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:26 pm

If we had a decent striker we'd be in with a shout of a good start but as it is I predict good football without much of an end product. Hope I'm wrong! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:43 am

Looking at it now Carl, the first game of the season at Birmingham is very winnable. With two home games in a week after that, we could well end the first three games with nine points.

Fulham away and Reading at home follow those three games, so I think ten points from August is very realistic.

Important to start well, because you don't want to start playing catch-up after only four or five games.