Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SURELY NOW IS THE TIME TO SIGN HIM UP? '

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:48 pm

' SURELY NOW IS THE TIME TO SIGN HIM UP? '

Cardiff City's young Welsh International Declan John is in the last year of his contract and still only 21 years old and with 23 Premier League appearances under his belt and with all levels of Welsh Caps,surely Cardiff City need to sign Declan John up on a new contract.

Declan born in Merthyr Tydfil and believed to be one of the lowest paid first team players at the club, on approx £5,000 a week has for the last two years been loaned out,but has always come back with excellent reviews.
Previous Cardiff City manager Russell Slade for reasons still not known was unwilling to give him a run in the first team.

To be fair to Declan he has never asked to leave the club and has just gone about playing his football where ever he has been sent, he has no baggage and still looks a big star for the future.

Thankfully this season new Cardiff City manager Paul Trollope who works with the Welsh squad has seen Declan John shine last season for the Welsh Under 21's and has given him a run in all the pre-season friendlies and last Saturdays Championship game against Birmingham where he shone once again.

Surely Cardiff City can't afford for Declan John to slip away for nothing and should sign him up ASAP?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' SURELY NOW IS THE TIME TO SIGN HIM UP? '

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:14 pm

He clearly isn't up to it all the managers can't be wrong

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:15 pm

DEANO wrote:He clearly isn't up to it all the managers can't be wrong

I just can't stop laughing at your comments.

Russell Slade :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Let him prove himself the first quarter of the season and then decide.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:22 pm

Well malky, our most successful manager in modern history rated him did he not?

And it's clear that Trollope does.

So who are we left with that didn't pick him, let's see.... Ole and russle slade. Yup, that will explain it.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:18 pm

Best player in pre season and the best player on Saturday. Played in the right position he's a really useful player.

He's 21 years old, Welsh international, will cost us nothing and has more Premier League experience than someone like Lex Immers, no brainer, sign him up I say. :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:22 pm

Totally agree with the opening post.

The longer we leave it during the season more other team will start looking at him, OK its only one game but he's been a model professional over the years and one us City fans consider our own.

With our new wing back formation and Fabio soon to be gone this must be done.

C'mon City look after him and sort this out ASAP :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:28 pm

I wish i was earning £250,000 a year when I was 21 - or now for that matter! :lol:

Good luck to the lad.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:38 pm

Yes get him signed up :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:10 am

Absolutely made for wing back position....as is Fabio.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:35 am

Even for those who have their doubts about him. Do we really need to be worrying about signing another full back/wing back next year?

He's as good a player as we're going to attract. He's Welsh. He supports the club. Why wouldn't you want him? If we sign better, he sits on the bench again. We still need subs.

Plus the boy has been playing brilliantly. Keep it up!

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:04 am

Declan John is under contract to the summer of 2018 - not next summer.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... 12769.aspx

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/john-si ... until-2018

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:48 am

def needs signed up, he will only improve hes still very young,hopefully we see him going up and down our flank for a few more yrs yet

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:51 am

Now that he's playing it'll be down to him to earn his new contract and I think he will :ayatollah: