Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' VINCE ALM STUNNED '

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:05 pm

' VINCE ALM STUNNED '

Head of Cardiff City Supporters Club Vince Alm is Stunned by the slow ticket sales by Cardiff City Fans for our local derby game away to Bristol Rovers this Thursday night, with No restrictions and very cheap tickets and not having played there for years, I totally agree with Vince,I thought we would sell our allocation out of 1,500 tickets in days. Its less than an hours drive for most fans and even in the old days in the lower divisions thousands would relish going to Bristol Rovers.
Even in pre-season friendlies we would take 500-800 fans.

Hopefully they will pick up over the coming days :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175758

' Vince Alm '

Stunned by the slow take up of Bristol Rovers tickets thought it would have sold out by now considering its a derby and we haven't played them in years. £10 and a £1 for kids decent ticket prices
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' VINCE ALM STUNNED '

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:15 pm

Getting mine and my boys tomorrow. The fact it's on sky I think has stopped us from close to selling out. Hopefully we can get 1000 to go. I was told rovers have sold out? Not sure if true

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:18 pm

The numbers don't really surprise me. Clubs have'nt taken this competition seriously for quite a time, and if clubs are not going to take the competition seriously, they can't really expect the fans to turn up in large numbers. We will see how much importance Rovers and ourselves place on it when the teams are announced.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Problem is derby's are dead. Modern football fans, policing and political correctness have killed them.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:28 pm

Sorry but I'm off to watch Glamorgan in the T20 quarters instead.
Don't think I'll be the only City fan there tbh.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:Sorry but I'm off to watch Glamorgan in the T20 quarters instead.
Don't think I'll be the only City fan there tbh.

And few city's in my work and the same

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:34 pm

nubbsy wrote:Problem is derby's are dead. Modern football fans, policing and political correctness have killed them.

totally agree most people can't be fucked with the policing

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:50 pm

also I think if this was fa cup, we would take more over the last few years the league cup our mangers have played 2nd string teams

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:17 pm

I'm going, and looking forward to it. Always like the games with the Bristol clubs.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:00 pm

Past couple years city like most clubs treat this cup as a reserve run out why should fans pay for watching reserve football? us fans do have other commitments especially during week. Only hard core fans will go nowadays to these games and club shouldn't be surprised at low turnout. :old:

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:21 pm

I'm going and a few mates..hope they field a full strength side. Be disappointed if Trollope didn't. Need a good Cup run in all competitions this year.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:44 pm

Let's be fair if we were playing them at home we would not get a very big attendance

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Struggling to make it to a pick up point for a coach by 5:30, so will probably go to the cricket instead.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:18 pm

20/20 for me as well

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Problem is derby's are dead. Modern football fans, policing and political correctness have killed them.

totally agree most people can't be fucked with the policing

To be honest though I'd definitely still go if I wasn't away. Never been there and be interested to see some of the younger players get a good run out (assuming he's not guna do a slade)

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Cricket for me too. Would definitely have gone if no clash.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Television should be no excuse when it's only an hour or under down the road.

Should be taking 1,000, maybe people will go on the day I don't know.

First time to this ground and got my ticket the day it was out. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:32 pm

I be going to the cricket as well, can't be arsed with all the policing issues,will record it and watch it when I get home from Glamorgan winning :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:35 pm

I'm going to t20, probably just record it and watch it later

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:53 pm

Stunned.Biggest laugh of the night.
We had to give away tickets last season to get a decent home crowd. :bluebird:

Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:16 pm

Agree with him, I posted this the other day in the 'so whats the problem thread'....

I was shocked to read on here that we have only sold 500 tickets for Bristol Rovers.

This is a local derby, just over an hour away, it is the six weeks holidays, people can go from work and you can be home before midnight. It's also a ground that we have not visited for 17 years so new for a lot of out fans.

Its £10 for an adults, £1 for a kid, £5 for a senior citizen with zero restrictions.

Regardless of whether it is a cup tie or on sky we should surely to god have been selling that away terrace that houses a mere 1,100.

We (well some) always state as an excuse when we see others taking large followings that they are close and these clubs have games on their doorsteps.

Well here is one on our doorstep and we have sold less than half the tickets with less than a week to go.

If ever you wanted an example of how decimated our away support has become, then here it is.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:10 am

stickywicket wrote:Stunned.Biggest laugh of the night.
We had to give away tickets last season to get a decent home crowd. :bluebird:

Sticky totally agree - This cup teams play a 2nd string and its on Sky ........dont see what the attraction is

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:54 pm

"Oh Glammy, Glammy.....Glammy, Glammy, Glammy Glamorgan.......!"

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:02 pm

Purple in Cwmbran wrote:"Oh Glammy, Glammy.....Glammy, Glammy, Glammy Glamorgan.......!"

f**k glammy,your a footie fan are you not?

Rovers rovers rovers here we come, bluebirds :bluebird:

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:24 pm

800 sold, we'll get 1000 by Thursday. Good effort considering its on tv, probably a team of fringe players and it's the second away trip within a few days to which we took 1800.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:38 pm

norms76 wrote:800 sold, we'll get 1000 by Thursday. Good effort considering its on tv, probably a team of fringe players and it's the second away trip within a few days to which we took 1800.
:sleepy2:

Thats what i thought second away trip within a few days. Why be stunned??? Its on sky tv plus the cricket on the same night and loads are going to the Cricket. Vince :sleepy2:

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:45 pm

I'm going and looking forward. I'm not a regular at league cup games but as I'm off work and it's rovers away, there's no other place I'd rather be on Thursday night :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:37 pm

Afternoons

Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:20 pm

900 gone now. Think our allocation was 1000.

Maybe a few more in the stand, but doubt it's many as the stand is tiny and mainly for home fans.