Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW SHOCK TONIGHT/CARDIFF NEED A STRIKER ASAP

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:20 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

MY VIEW SHOCK TONIGHT/CARDIFF NEED A STRIKER ASAP

SHOCK AS LOWER LEAGUE CLUB BEATS A STRONG CARDIFF CITY TEAM

A superb shot from Bristol Rovers in extra time beat Cardiff City.

Lower division Rovers beat a strong Cardiff City team tonight and Cardiff struggled once again in front of goal.

Cardiff City need a striker ASAP.

For me this hurts as we never really played well.

BRISTOL ROVERS 1 CARDIFF CITY 0 :o :o

Crowd 4,851

Crowd Away Support Approx 1,000 Cardiff fans

Cardiff City: Moore; Richards, Morrison, Manga, Connolly, John; Ralls, Gunnarrson, O’Keefe; Noone, Zohore.

Subs: Wilson, Peltier, Whittingham, Gounongbe, Pilkington, Kennedy, Ajayi.

Cardiff City manager Paul Trollope fielded a strong team.

Over a 1,000 Cardiff fans made the half-hour journey and City started brightly for them.

Rovers were well up for it with Sean Morrison having to kick the ball of the line.

Half-time Bristol Rovers CCFC

Cardiff took control, by the 60th min City had had 71% of the possesion.

As the game went on Rovers had a few shots of target.

Anthony Pilkington came on for Zohore.

By the 73rd min it was 1 shot each on target.

Craig Noone was replaced by Gounongbe.

In the closing minutes it was all Cardiff City with a few shots wide.

After 90 minutes it was 0-0

In the 10th min of extra time Manga brought down a Rovers player and was booked,but thankfully the free-kick went well over.

0-0 half-time in extra time

O'keefe had to go off injured leaving Cardiff with 10 men.

Bloody hell with 5 mins to go what a strike by Rovers and what a goal 1-0 to Rovers :o

Gounongbe then hit the post for Cardiff.

Full-time Bristol Rovers 1 Cardiff City 0 :o :o

NEXT MATCH CARDIFF CITY V QPR THIS SUNDAY 3pm :thumbright: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW SHOCK TONIGHT/CARDIFF NEED A STRIKER ASAP

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:24 pm

We were absaloutely shocking there's more than just a couple we need to offload let me tell you.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:24 pm

Our "transfer commitee" wouldn't recognize a decent striker if they fell over one.

Policy seems to be to sign any cheap foreign nobody and pray that they turn into Gareth Bale.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:25 pm

No pace, no clue at the moment Annis, Trollope would have observed that last year but he's done nothing, we will be lucky to stay up this season unless he rectifies it before September. Pathetic tonight.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:28 pm

davids wrote:Our "transfer commitee" wouldn't recognize a decent striker if they fell over one.

Policy seems to be to sign any cheap foreign nobody and pray that they turn into Gareth Bale.

David, We have a long hard season ahead of us and it does not look good.

Thing is we do need a striker, but there's no service even getting up top anyway consistently.

they were shit from start to finish

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:29 pm

dorsetblue wrote:No pace, no clue at the moment Annis, Trollope would have observed that last year but he's done nothing, we will be lucky to stay up this season unless he rectifies it before September. Pathetic tonight.

Hue, I am already worried as it looks like we will keep selling but only bring in virtual freebies.
But I am called negative by some.

We need a striker ASAP, no shit strikers from Tan either.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:31 pm

Also every time Zohore loses ball he turns his back and doesn't bother chasing for the ball or seeing if the ball is coming back to him from an interception.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:Our "transfer commitee" wouldn't recognize a decent striker if they fell over one.

David, We have a long hard season ahead of us and it does not look good.

You're absolutely right Annis - the early season signs are not promising.

It's early days of course but that's 3 and a half hours football played this season without really looking like scoring a goal and what surprises me most is that we look just as poor as we did for most of last season.

Where's this new revolution we've been promised?

And with the complete lack of football knowledge at the very top of the club it's a very worrying time.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:36 pm

Poor game with no flair, energy and more importantly in performance a lack of invention against a side who to be honest really didn't offer too much going forward but had the better chances so that says a lot , the goal came from a similar area distance but lessons weren't learnt and they looked the stronger and fitter towards the end .I suppose concentrating on the league is more important but to go out in the 1st round is very disappointing .One consolation form all this at least Richards did as he was told

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:No pace, no clue at the moment Annis, Trollope would have observed that last year but he's done nothing, we will be lucky to stay up this season unless he rectifies it before September. Pathetic tonight.

Hue, I am already worried as it looks like we will keep selling but only bring in virtual freebies.
But I am called negative by some.

We need a striker ASAP, no shit strikers from Tan either.

It's not being negative, it's stating the obvious. Only the most blinkered fan (there are as few on here) can't seem to see that this is a weaker squad than last season. The league is stronger yet for some reason they think we will do better than last season and reach the play offs. How fans think that the formation change is some sort of miracle cure is beyond me. Does'nt matter what formation is used, you still have to have quality players to make it work. However, it's too early to write the season off based on one crap performance. A lot will depend on Trollops ability to do some clever wheeling and dealing, but I think we will struggle to finish as high as last season.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:38 pm

We need more than just a striker this team ain't near gd enough,why did gunnarson play he pulled Fabio cos of interest Saturday but played gunnar today and he's was poor every pass goes sideways and it's not like he's a energetic player u can see why we're after huws

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:47 pm

My view

We look uncomfortable in the new formation and dont have the players in the squad to play it now without fabio, richards is too defensive minded to play wingback.

Tonight showed how much we miss whittingham when hes not playing. His control of the ball and passing is pivotal to the team this season.

Moore is not good enough in goals. His distribution was shocking and should have saved that goal. Its not the first time hes been poor a few times.

Gunnarsson looked like his mind was elsewhere and was not interested at all in putting in a challenge.

Zohore is dogshit and fred is not clinical enough for the championship yet . We need pace up front if we are going to play with a lone striker with immers tucked in behind.

On the plus side the back three of connolly, manga and morrisson look solid especially with marshall in goals

I can see a lot of 0-0 draws this season for us and a mid table finish at best unless we get a quick attacking full back and a pacey striker probably two.
Last edited by thomasblue on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:48 pm

From Facebook

Nev Will
Nev Will You got Annis strikers we where shit we working on shoe string budget get rid best bring in what ???
Unlike · Reply · 1 · 20 mins
Neil Wixon
Neil Wixon We haven't got no strikers our strikers are pubs players sign by tan himself
Unlike · Reply · 1 · 19 mins
Nev Will
Nev Will Tan is f*cking joke from players like Medel Mutch etc to third rate wallys
Unlike · Reply · 2 · 18 mins
Gareth Hemmings
Gareth Hemmings No pace, no drive. Deserved nothing.
Unlike · Reply · 1 · 13 mins

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:48 pm

poor adam le fondre. how must he feel if anyone thinks zohore is a better striker than him

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Why loan Saadi out? :roll:

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Why loan Saadi out? :roll:

At least he would have frightened the life out of them.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Dahboy wrote:

Huh?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:57 pm

Perhaps because like the two foreign strikers we have at the moment he's shown nothing to suggest that he's good enough for the standard at which we are playing?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:58 pm

missed immers big time tonight, he is easily the best player we have ,we got to get a striker in the partner him asap noone has lost it also need a creative wide player

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:59 pm

davids wrote:

Perhaps because like the two foreign strikers we have at the moment he's shown nothing to suggest that he's good enough for the standard at which we are playing?

Saadi wasn't given a chance was he. :roll:

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:59 pm

The problem lies with selling the only bloody player who has the pace, drive, flair and ability to play wing back.
John and Richards are not good enough. Both shit scared to run with the ball and take your man on.
What's happened to Noone???
It says it all when Manga was mom and Connolly was our most attacking threat.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:03 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
davids wrote:

And how shit must he have been in training when he didn't get a chance last season and Zohore and Gnoungbe are considered so much better than him this season that he's left the club?

Perhaps we should be playing with Saadi and Velikonja up front?

Actually, they'd probably not do any worse than the two donkeys we're currently using.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:05 pm

davids wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
davids wrote:

And how shit must he have been in training when he didn't get a chance last season and Zohore and Gnoungbe are considered so much better than him this season that he's left the club?

Perhaps we should be playing with Saadi and Velikonja up front?

Actually, they'd probably not do any worse than the two donkeys we're currently using.

It's the service that's shit don't forget that.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:06 pm

It's all good playing this Wales way, but sticking O"Keefe,Ralls and Gunner in the middle is not exactly the same as Ramsey, Allen and Ledley even if it was just to get them some game time. We pretty much just passed the ball around at the back and middle, even if we do get a good goal scorer he's going to struggle with service to the front hopefully we will get a few new signings in and improve as it's going to be a long hard season otherwise.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:07 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Huh?

In a attacking sence not hiding behind the home teams changing room door sence.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:09 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Huh?

In a attacking sence not hiding behind the home teams changing room door sence.

We have only got two recognised strikers loaning out Saadi is really baffling.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:20 pm

Loaning Siade out is crazy he has pace that zohore and Fred haven't , the service was not good but how many times did Ralls have the ball and no one made runs for him even the commentator said a few times.

We are in trouble that was far worse than last year and LeFondre would have done any different this reminded me of the shrewsbury games last season. Poor Moore getting the blame is wrong as he kept us in the game before that with a cracking save but his players let him down there is no way Moore can take the blame for tonight

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:28 pm

We all know we need strikers, but we need a new midfield too.
Our midfield is poor compared the clubs that will be chasing promotion.
Our season could be over by October if nothing is done.