MY VIEW/OPINION "I AM VERY WORRIED AFTER TODAY"

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:00 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

"I AM VERY WORRIED AFTER TODAY"

I CAN NOT REMEMBER A PROPER SHOT ON GOAL :shock: :shock:
OOPs yes in the 94th min

Are we ever going to score?

No Striker/We are in trouble

City played well today,with build up very good, but as the game went on and City not able to do anything in front of goal,QPR started to press forward and take advantage.

If Cardiff do not bring in a good striker, I honestly believe we will struggle this season badly.

CARDIFF CITY 0 QPR 2

Marshall, Richards, Peltier, Manga, Connolly, John, Whittingham, Ralls, Immers, Pilkington, Gounongbe

Subs Moore, Morrison, Ajayi, Gunnarsson, Huws, Noone, Zohore

Crowd 15,859
Away Support 700 approx

Cardiff gave away a 1,000 free tickets for this game to help try and bumper the crowd :ayatollah:

Paul Trollopes first home League game as Cardiff City's manager and with five new signings and a fairly good pre-season behind City,plus a good away point at Birmingham City last week, Trollope and the City were today looking for a good home start to the season.

Cardiff City started lively and Fred and Pilkington working well together, Immers and John going forward, City for the first 20 mins on top.

City continued to press forward,Declan John, Joe Ralls and Immers looked good.

QPR offered nothing upfront, with Marshall having nothing to do at all.

Cardiff though never had a shot on target either.

HALF-TIME CARDIFF CITY 0 QPR 0

QPR started the second-half the better team.

Cardiff started to get back in to it with Richards and John involved a lot.

Jazz Richards needs to get his crosses better.

74th min Zohore and Hughes came on for Fred and Immers

Ex Cardiff player Caulker scores 76th min :o :shock: 0-1

Caulker did not celebrate.

77th min Jazz Richards came off for Craig Noone.

In the 84th min Manga gave away a penalty and 0-2 QPR (Cherry) :cry:

WE JUST LOOK AWFUL IN FRONT OF GOAL.

My man of the match Declan John

FULL-TIME CARDIFF CITY 0 QPR 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION "I AM VERY WORRIED AFTER TODAY"

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:07 pm

I thought Freddy played really well today, held the ball up great but had no support. Huge game already on Wednesday, just can't see us scoring...

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:09 pm

JamieCCFC90 wrote:I thought Freddy played really well today, held the ball up great but had no support. Huge game already on Wednesday, just can't see us scoring...

Freddy ran everywhere, but we never did anything in front of goal :shock:

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Its still early doors we are under huge transition at the moment with the new system give it time.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:11 pm

We kept the ball well for large parts of the game and there were some good passes in our own half. Defence did well, it took a set piece and a penalty to stop us getting a point and a clean sheet.

But we have no creativity. We didn't look close to scoring today against an average QPR side. And if we can't score goals then we are going to have big problems this season.

If we don't get a win on Wednesday then we are in real trouble, Blackburn are a club and team in crisis. It may sound dramatic after only two league games, but it's a fact that we're struggling already.

Like you Annis, I am very concerned.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:13 pm

Fred reminds me of rudy gestede when he was here. He trys his best but the fact is he just is not good enough for this league at the moment. Gestede took two years to adapt and is now a quality championship striker. We have not got the time to allow fred to improve and he is the wrong player (at the moment) for us

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Its still early doors we are under huge transition at the moment with the new system give it time.

Ryan, Surely u can tell, we need a good striker ASAP?

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:15 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:We kept the ball well for large parts of the game and there were some good passes in our own half. Defence did well, it took a set piece and a penalty to stop us getting a point and a clean sheet.

But we have no creativity. We didn't look close to scoring today against an average QPR side. And if we can't score goals then we are going to have big problems this season.

If we don't get a win on Wednesday then we are in real trouble, Blackburn are a club and team in crisis. It may sound dramatic after only two league games, but it's a fact that we're struggling already.

Like you Annis, I am very concerned.

Spot on Ned :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Its still early doors we are under huge transition at the moment with the new system give it time.

Yes Annis but we need a midfield that will create as well though.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:17 pm

thomasblue wrote:Fred reminds me of rudy gestede when he was here. He trys his best but the fact is he just is not good enough for this league at the moment. Gestede took two years to adapt and is now a quality championship striker. We have not got the time to allow fred to improve and he is the wrong player (at the moment) for us

Thomas, Fred was everywhere,but nothing in front of goal yet.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:19 pm

Cardiff have never lost their first game at the CCS in a season until today :cry:

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Fred reminds me of rudy gestede when he was here. He trys his best but the fact is he just is not good enough for this league at the moment. Gestede took two years to adapt and is now a quality championship striker. We have not got the time to allow fred to improve and he is the wrong player (at the moment) for us

Thats my point . He runs and tries but his positioning to get into the right places is not there yet . Its a big step up for him and the qpr defenders had him in there pocket . They only allowed him to have the ball when it was in a safe position.
I think he needs a partner up front otherwise he will really struggle for a goal.
I do think he has potential though so trying not to be too negative towards him its not his fault

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:23 pm

FROM FACEBBOOK

Mallo Cardiff
Poor football dreadful and very painful to watch

Laura Simmonds
Gutted for the fans need a few wins now get the fans back after the euros everyone excited for season to start loads saying they missed the football fingers crossed they start doing well down there

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Had to leave after the Pen, was so angry at how Cardiff were in the second half.

Richards did well and tried hard, John tried but alot of the time he was isolated and didnt seem to have the confidence to try beat his man, but glad he didnt because as i said half the time he was isolated and if he lost the ball QPR could break away.

Fred did well with all the shit balls given to him, he seems to have decent control and can head the ball decently. If he has no one to help, or if hes only getting shit balls how can we expect him to score?

But what i noticed was the gaping chasm in the middle of the pitch, when we had the ball in defence the forwards went up top, then we had 3 CBs, 2 WBS and 2 CMs are sitting inline with the ball holder, so we had to kick the ball up

Where is our midfield presence?

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:47 pm

The clubs lack of football knowledge over tans reign is now coming home too roost.
Ollies spending has left the club in way too deep for tans liking.
Tan will not spend anymore,the result and more importantly the performance today will drive even more fans away.
No goals in 3 games, the players seemed alien to 5 _3_2
No proven striker at the club.
Ken choos rhetoric about being competitive is as about realistic with this team as Leicester winning the league again.
Sub 10000 gates to follow and perhaps the real benefit will be Tan gone.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes Annis but we need a midfield that will create as well though.

I agree. There was too big a gap between the 3 central midfielders and the strikers. We missed Okeefe today as Immers was forced to play too deep to replace him, and no one was able to link up.

Disappointing definitely. I'm not going to get too concerned yet.

Oh, and if the miserable tw-ts in row GG Block 117 dislike it so much then F off and don't come back. They moaned from 10 minutes before the kick off and didn't stop until they walked out 5 minutes before the end. We don't need you so stay at home and watch Sky next week!

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:12 pm

fred keenor wrote:The clubs lack of football knowledge over tans reign is now coming home too roost.
Tan will not spend anymore,the result and more importantly the performance today will drive even more fans away.
Ken choos rhetoric about being competitive is as about realistic with this team as Leicester winning the league again.

I think your right, & circumstances were bound to catch up with us, sooner rather than later. I had a bad feeling about todays game, based simply on the fact that we have pretty much got the same team as last season, with a "new" manager who was our coach last season. in fact, during the second half I was wondering if Russell Slade was still in the dug out.

As for Ken Choo's programme notes regarding a sense of a "new beginning", it actually feels like a continuation of the same old shit.
Theres a long long way to go, but already I feel that we are in for hard, frustrating, & disappointing season ahead! :old:

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:16 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thats my point . He runs and tries but his positioning to get into the right places is not there yet . Its a big step up for him and the qpr defenders had him in there pocket . They only allowed him to have the ball when it was in a safe position.
I think he needs a partner up front otherwise he will really struggle for a goal.
I do think he has potential though so trying not to be too negative towards him its not his fault

He's still a novice to real football like the Championship.
Ned, but our problem is, we can't afford a novice.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:18 pm

I was one of quite a few on this forum who predicted the correct score on the match thread. Pembroke Allan told us all about six changes from the Bristol match and called us a bunch of defeatists. Perhaps he can see now that he would have been better calling us a bunch of realists who are not living in the same fantasy land that some seem to be living on. Even those who refuse to take off their blue tinted glasses must be able to see that we have a weaker squad than last season, and that the league is a stronger one. There is no way we can finish as high as last season without money being spent, and there is no way money is going to be made available.
Just as well that the next match is Blackburn, and the opportunity is there to gain a bit of confidence. Whether or not we can score is the main issue, but I think we may sneak a win there. Too early to worry, but I have seen nothing to suggest anything other than an average season ahead with possibly a top twelve finish if we can score a goal now and again.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:35 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I was one of quite a few on this forum who predicted the correct score on the match thread. Pembroke Allan told us all about six changes from the Bristol match and called us a bunch of defeatists. Perhaps he can see now that he would have been better calling us a bunch of realists who are not living in the same fantasy land that some seem to be living on. Even those who refuse to take off their blue tinted glasses must be able to see that we have a weaker squad than last season, and that the league is a stronger one. There is no way we can finish as high as last season without money being spent, and there is no way money is going to be made available.
Just as well that the next match is Blackburn, and the opportunity is there to gain a bit of confidence. Whether or not we can score is the main issue, but I think we may sneak a win there. Too early to worry, but I have seen nothing to suggest anything other than an average season ahead with possibly a top twelve finish if we can score a goal now and again.

Good post. You get a fair bit of stick from some as being a negative poster but I've found you, usually, to be very sensible and a realistic poster.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Logie wrote:Had to leave after the Pen, was so angry at how Cardiff were in the second half.

Richards did well and tried hard, John tried but alot of the time he was isolated and didnt seem to have the confidence to try beat his man, but glad he didnt because as i said half the time he was isolated and if he lost the ball QPR could break away.

Fred did well with all the shit balls given to him, he seems to have decent control and can head the ball decently. If he has no one to help, or if hes only getting shit balls how can we expect him to score?

But what i noticed was the gaping chasm in the middle of the pitch, when we had the ball in defence the forwards went up top, then we had 3 CBs, 2 WBS and 2 CMs are sitting inline with the ball holder, so we had to kick the ball up

Where is our midfield presence?

We are not commanding the midfield or in front of goal, these needs sorting now.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:47 pm

We could have Rooney up front but unless the service improves we will never score the midfield is to weak for this system don't forget Wales have Ramsay Allen & Ledley with Bale in front of them but our midfield is to weak and need support and he changes to 442 then both times against Rovers and today against QPR and all we did was hit high balls in the air , terrible football

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I was one of quite a few on this forum who predicted the correct score on the match thread. Pembroke Allan told us all about six changes from the Bristol match and called us a bunch of defeatists. Perhaps he can see now that he would have been better calling us a bunch of realists who are not living in the same fantasy land that some seem to be living on. Even those who refuse to take off their blue tinted glasses must be able to see that we have a weaker squad than last season, and that the league is a stronger one. There is no way we can finish as high as last season without money being spent, and there is no way money is going to be made available.

I'm not even confident that we can get a result against Blackburn on Wednesday night. As for gaining a bit of confidence, well we shall see, but after QPR second goal heads visibly dropped, & you could sense the tension. As for too early to worry, for me at least, its too late for that, I was worried before today's game.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:53 pm

fred keenor wrote:The clubs lack of football knowledge over tans reign is now coming home too roost.

Sadly a true honest post.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Could have had Pele renaldo Messi up front without service never going to score !

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:02 pm

Took 73 minutes I think to make the subs yet we didn't have a shot on target.

I am baffled how you can be that non reactive when you are playing at home and haven't had a shot on target for 50 minutes let alone 70 odd.

Trollope is showing the same traits as Slade already with his non reactive ways like not making subs earlier than the last quarter of an hour of the game.

And Jazz Richards is woeful, wing back with no pace and can't even cross a ball.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:26 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Took 73 minutes I think to make the subs yet we didn't have a shot on target.

I am baffled how you can be that non reactive when you are playing at home and haven't had a shot on target for 50 minutes let alone 70 odd.

Trollope is showing the same traits as Slade already with his non reactive ways like not making subs earlier than the last quarter of an hour of the game.

And Jazz Richards is woeful, wing back with no pace and can't even cross a ball.

Absolutely right. As for JR, I'm all for having more Welsh players in the squad, just so long as they are quality player who can make an impact, not ones just to make up the numbers.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:31 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Took 73 minutes I think to make the subs yet we didn't have a shot on target.

Absolutely right. As for JR, I'm all for having more Welsh players in the squad, just so long as they are quality player who can make an impact, not ones just to make up the numbers.

I am with you on that, we could sign Simon Church and people will be jizzing around the room.. I would like Welsh players but there is no-one realistic or good enough really out there, maybe one or two.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:45 am

pembroke allan wrote:Could have had Pele renaldo Messi up front without service never going to score !

If Pele, Ronaldo and Messi were playing up front without service we would have won 5-0 in my opinion.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:43 am

Fergy1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Could have had Pele renaldo Messi up front without service never going to score !

If Pele, Ronaldo and Messi were playing up front without service we would have won 5-0 in my opinion.

No way, would have been 4-0 at the most. Got to take into account Pele is 75 now and has lost a bit of pace.