Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City Get Hammered '

Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:16 am

Chelsea under 21s 9 Cardiff City DVP 0 :shock:

Adam Le Fondre, Macheda and Kagisho Dikgacoi all played.

Adam Le Fondre tweeted before the Chelsea game.
"Of course not, as I wanna play first team football but that's life at the minute"

The week before City's DVP lost 6-1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City Get Hammered '

Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:45 am

Shocking that Alf, Macheda and Dikagcoi can't even perform at the development level. They need to be off the wage bill ASAP and get in a decent striker before the transfer market shuts.

Last three performances suggest we need a reasonably good striker. Come on, Campbell! :roll:

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:41 am

Are the U21's playing the Wales way as well?

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:07 am

There's been a lot of criticism for not giving youngsters a chance on this board, but is it because they're nowhere near good enough?
Should the question be what's going to on in the academy.
Ralls had a decent season last year think time will tell with Declan, but compared to the youngests coming through 10-15 yrs ago its poor.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:12 am

Pencoed wrote:There's been a lot of criticism for not giving youngsters a chance on this board, but is it because they're nowhere near good enough?
Ralls had a decent season last year think time will tell with Declan, but compared to the youngests coming through 10-15 yrs ago its poor.

let's be fair tho, I bet Chelsea u21 cost more than our club is worth

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:35 am

Pencoed wrote:There's been a lot of criticism for not giving youngsters a chance on this board, but is it because they're nowhere near good enough?

Me and doc went to all the under 21s Pre season games at Forrest green ,Havant and Waterloo vile,and Exeter
And I can say here and now none of them that played are any where near first team tommy o Sullivan included

Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:11 pm

I agree with Pencoed above.

I remember years ago having a conversation with both Sam and Lennie Lawrence (1st time around). I remember we were playing Aston Villa and, I think in the afternoon, the 1st team were playing Derby. Anyway, i digress, whilst we were watching the Under 16s and Under 18s I asked them both how many would actually make it to the first team. Lennie replied "History suggests we would be lucky to get 1" but then Sam suggested that we did actually have some very good players and we might make 2.

In those sides that day were the following players:

Byron Anthony
Joe Jacobson
Joe Ledley
Cameron Jerome

Plus maybe a few more.

Whatever we did in years gone by we were doing it right.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Your having a laugh lose 9-nil and 6-1 and you want a striker ! :wave:

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:07 pm

Who did they lose 6-1 to and was it a friendly. Must of missed this one.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:13 pm

Heatho93-x wrote:Who did they lose 6-1 to and was it a friendly. Must of missed this one.

v Aston Villa