Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED' CARDIFF SELL YET ANOTHER PLAYER FOR NEARLY £500,000

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:14 pm

' UPDATED 19/08/16 '

Paul Trollope on Simon Moore's departure

19/08/16

David Marshall is under contract, we’re very happy to have him, the decision on Simon Moore,he did well for us when he came in and played, but felt right for all parties he went to play regular, we had the offer and it suited everyone.

We wish him well, he’s been a good understudy.

Ben made nice progress over the last couple of years, probably looking to add another one to work under David.

Whether younger one or not confirmed next few weeks we don’t want to leave ourselves short, we have a few people we have an eye on.

' UPDATED '

' CARDIFF CITY SELL YET ANOTHER PLAYER FOR NEARLY £500,000 '

Cardiff City goalie Simon Moore has been sold to Sheffield United for a deal nearly totalling half a million pound with all the add ons etc.

Moore has signed for Sheffield United on a three year deal.

Simon Moore was Cardiff City's second goalie behind David Marshall.

Earlier this season ex Cardiff City manager Russell Slade asked for him on loan at his new club Charlton,but Cardiff asked for a fee and said they only wanted to sell him.

The 26-year-old was signed from Brentford in 2013, but has found his first team opportunities limited by the consistency of Scottish international David Marshall.

All personal terms and fee's have been agreed and signed subject to Moore's medical clearance tomorrow.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783 :thumbright:

Cardiff City goalkeeper Simon Moore is set for a switch to Sheffield United

By Rob Phillips
BBC Wales football correspondent

Simon Moore's last appearance for Cardiff came in their 1-0 EFL Cup defeat to Bristol Rovers
Cardiff City goalkeeper Simon Moore is in talks over a move to League One side Sheffield United.

The 26-year-old was signed from Brentford in 2013, but has found his first team opportunities limited by the consistency of Scottish international David Marshall.

The Blades are keen to sign the player who wants regular first team football.

Negotiations between the two clubs are underway with the fee set to be in the region of £500,000.

Moore made six league starts last season and his departure would leave youngster Ben Wilson as cover for highly rated Marshall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " SIMON MOORE SET TO LEAVE CARDIFF "

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:00 pm

Now this is a sale that most can agree on surely!!?? £500k looks like good business to me.

He's just way too prone to serious, costly mistakes and Marshall ain't going anywhere.

From the small amount I've seen of Wilson he looks a real prospect.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:19 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Now this is a sale that most can agree on surely!!?? £500k looks like good business to me.

He's just way too prone to serious, costly mistakes and Marshall ain't going anywhere.

From the small amount I've seen of Wilson he looks a real prospect.

Been told by 3 or four people that Wilson is an outstanding prospect and highly regarded by coaching staff

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Not too disappointed with this. He's had plenty of chances but never taken them.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:31 pm

Big mistake to sell Moore sell Fabio instead, IMHO Fabio will never ever make a top class keeper as he's way too short!

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:02 pm

I thought we would have got a bit more for him if I'm honest he's still young and English which for some reason always ups the players price

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:53 pm

IMO we should get a sell on clause if we only want £500k
Wilson is adequate cover he's a real good prospect

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Good business.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Good business.

How is it good business Luke? ?

Moore is good enough to be a Championship goalie and we need him him as fantastic back up to Marshall.

Plus the money won't be put back in to the squad as you very well know, we hardly ever see this happen, if we continue,sell,sell,sell, like the last 3 years,theres only one way for us down and fans will be gone for years.

Iits not us being negative,its the club continually selling and not re-investing.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:24 pm

What I've seen of him I don't think he is that fantastic Annis. I have heard very good things about Wilson and how often is a back up keeper used?

Money into the club and another off the wage bill.

Annis you can't hate Tan but rely on him to keep us a float. To me anyone who hates tan should be pleased the more we sell as it's more likely he is to eventually go.

People didn't seem bothered when it was on here he had gone on loan to Barnsley.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:What I've seen of him I don't think he is that fantastic Annis. I have heard very good things about Wilson and how often is a back up keeper used?

Money into the club and another off the wage bill.

Annis you can't hate Tan but rely on him to keep us a float. To me anyone who hates tan should be pleased the more we sell as it's more likely he is to eventually go.

People didn't seem bothered when it was on here he had gone on loan to Barnsley.

Luke, Yes I do hate Tan, but this is totally different.

Tan got us in the mess we are today a fact, he messed up big time and we are paying for it.

But u can't just keep selling and selling etc Fabio last week and expect the fans to be positive.

3 years ago and even 2 years ago I accepted all those sales,but there has to come a point when,the club does not bullshit anymore and say we are driving for promotion, yet keep selling selling and hardly ever re-invest.

If they want the fans to return, just show a little ambition and bring a good striker in, we still have quite a good squad :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:39 pm

With O'keefe injured and Richards & Peltier carrying knocks the loss of Moore and Adeyemi is the very last thing we need in my opinion. We are down to the bones of our squad and without an experienced forward and nearly half the bench at Fulham will now be from the development team how on earth can anyone within the club seriously claim we are trying to be competitive.

Our squad is currently smaller in numbers than at anytime since our return to this level and, in my opinion, the shortage of numbers is already showing itself as a problem. Will we make 50 points this season that's the question for me.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:44 pm

castleblue wrote:With O'keefe injured and Richards & Peltier carrying knocks the loss of Moore and Adeyemi is the very last thing we need in my opinion. We are down to the bones of our squad and without an experienced forward and nearly half the bench at Fulham will now be from the development team how on earth can anyone within the club seriously claim we are trying to be competitive.

Our squad is currently smaller in numbers than at anytime since our return to this level and, in my opinion, the shortage of numbers is already showing itself as a problem. Will we make 50 points this season that's the question for me.

Spot on Gary :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:52 pm

At 26 I doubt very much he's happy here constantly being a back up. I would imagine he wants a move to start playing football instead of being on the bench month after month watching.
Sell.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Moore is good enough to be a Championship goalie and we need him him as fantastic back up to Marshall.

That's absolute rubbish Annis. Moore is a League One goalkeeper, that's all. Nowhere near good enough for the Championship. He's had so many chances to prove he's good enough and not taken them.

So I actually think the club have done well here, and I don't always say that as you know.

Also, maybe he doesn't want to carry on playing second fiddle to Marshall? Maybe he wants first team football.

Good to get rid of a player who, in reality, isn't good enough. Sensible move for all.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY SELL YET ANOTHER PLAYER FOR NEARLY £500,0

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:22 pm

' UPDATED '

Cardiff City goalie Simon Moore has been sold to Sheffield United for a deal nearly totalling half a million pound with all the add ons etc.

Earlier this season ex Cardiff City manager Russell Slade asked for him on loan at his new club Charlton,but Cardiff asked for a fee and said they only wanted to sell him.

All personal terms and fee's have been agreed and signed subject to Moore's medical clearance tomorrow.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:31 pm

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's absolute rubbish Annis. Moore is a League One goalkeeper, that's all. Nowhere near good enough for the Championship. He's had so many chances to prove he's good enough and not taken them.

So I actually think the club have done well here, and I don't always say that as you know.

Also, maybe he doesn't want to carry on playing second fiddle to Marshall? Maybe he wants first team football.

Good to get rid of a player who, in reality, isn't good enough. Sensible move for all.

I think that's very harsh and unfair on Moore, which surprises me because you're very honest, fair and balanced with your views, although I respect your opinion of course.

Moore never had a consistent run of games for us and it must have been difficult for him to fill in knowing as soon as our captain, Marshall was fit again, he would be dumped back out of the team.

Moore needed a consistent run of games, he never had that with us, so I don't think it's fair for us to judge him. It's not as if Marshall hasn't made his fair share of mistakes, but when you follow up a mistake with half a dozen decent games, all is forgotten. Moore never had that opportunity, but I still think he will go on to be a decent keeper.

There must have been a reason why David James tipped him to be a future England number 1.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

All about opinions Ned, but you've said to me you really reckon we will challenge this season and are very confident. Well I can't see how you can be as its sell sell sell, we need players like Moore to back Marshall, we need players like Fabio for a bit of class and passion etc etc

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:37 pm

castleblue wrote:With O'keefe injured and Richards & Peltier carrying knocks the loss of Moore and Adeyemi is the very last thing we need in my opinion. We are down to the bones of our squad and without an experienced forward and nearly half the bench at Fulham will now be from the development team how on earth can anyone within the club seriously claim we are trying to be competitive.

I don't see how Moore and Adyemi leaving effect injuries at wingback. Losing these two may mean we can get another player in at fullback or upfront.
How many games do you think Moore or Adyemi would have got if they had stayed?

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:39 pm

It depends who we sign before the deadline. If we don't sign the likes of Balotelli (well, Wolves are after him) , then we'll all know that Tan isn't interested in any progress.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Moore is no where near a Championship Goalkeeper, has cost us a few times when he has played. £500k is a decent fee for a player who had no chance of ever playing 1st team football with us. Shocked that Annis is criticising this transfer as it make no difference to the squad with so ever

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I don't see how Moore and Adyemi leaving effect injuries at wingback. Losing these two may mean we can get another player in at fullback or upfront.
How many games do you think Moore or Adyemi would have got if they had stayed?

It's about numbers or the lack of them. O'keefe is injured so Gunnarsonn moves up the order but what if he was needed to cover at fullback/ wingback, he has played in these positions before. In that scenario would Adeyemi move up the order, if not him than who? Doesn't matter now because he has gone so it will likely be an inexperienced player at either fullback/ wingback or midfield should Richards or Peltier be unfit.

Moore does at least have experience but with Joe Lewis also released this summer we are left with an untried inexperienced keeper to cover Marshall.

The point I was trying to make was that the squad is not big enough to cover for injuries or suspensions but still the club move players out at a worrying rate.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

All about opinions Ned, but you've said to me you really reckon we will challenge this season and are very confident. Well I can't see how you can be as its sell sell sell, we need players like Moore to back Marshall, we need players like Fabio for a bit of class and passion etc etc

When did I say that Annis? I don't remember that?

I remember saying to you last week that we'll be nowhere near top six and said to others that I think we'll be between 12th and 16th.

I don't think Moore is anywhere near good enough.

I agree Fabio is passionate, nobody can deny that.

But you're right, we all have different opinions and respect that :thumbright:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I remember saying to you last week that we'll be nowhere near top six and said to others that I think we'll be between 12th and 16th.

Ned,
Chatting to me about 4 weeks ago, u were very confident and even excited.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think that's very harsh and unfair on Moore, which surprises me because you're very honest, fair and balanced with your views, although I respect your opinion of course.

Moore never had a consistent run of games for us and it must have been difficult for him to fill in knowing as soon as our captain, Marshall was fit again, he would be dumped back out of the team.

Moore needed a consistent run of games, he never had that with us, so I don't think it's fair for us to judge him. It's not as if Marshall hasn't made his fair share of mistakes, but when you follow up a mistake with half a dozen decent games, all is forgotten. Moore never had that opportunity, but I still think he will go on to be a decent keeper.

There must have been a reason why David James tipped him to be a future England number 1.

I thought he was a good signing when we brought him in. Did a good job for Brentfors in League One. Maybe you're right, maybe he will go on to be a decent goalkeeper.

But I can only judge him on what I've seen of him, and to me I haven't seen anything from him to show he's good enough for the Championship.

True, he didn't get a run of games and you're right when you say that won't have helped. Tom Heaton and Joe Lewis, in recent years, have had the same issue. Unfortunately I believe Moore has shown himself to be closer to Lewis than Heaton.

Hope he proves me wrong though, because never heard anything bad about his attitude etc.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ned,
Chatting to me about 4 weeks ago, u were very confident and even excited.

Always look forward to the new season, but don't remember saying I was confident we'd be top six. Said we'd be mid-table for a few weeks at least now. May be my memory though :lol:

But I hope I'm wrong, and we make top six.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' UPDATED '

Cardiff City goalkeeper Simon Moore is set for a switch to Sheffield United

By Rob Phillips
BBC Wales football correspondent

Simon Moore's last appearance for Cardiff came in their 1-0 EFL Cup defeat to Bristol Rovers
Cardiff City goalkeeper Simon Moore is in talks over a move to League One side Sheffield United.

The Blades are keen to sign the player who wants regular first team football.

Negotiations between the two clubs are underway with the fee set to be in the region of £500,000.

Moore made six league starts last season and his departure would leave youngster Ben Wilson as cover for highly rated Marshall.

Another bad move by this f**k up of a club.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:23 pm

Good business, as long as sell on clause. Moore filled me with no confidence.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:33 pm

From what I saw previously city's squad was one of the biggest at start season so can surely afford to lose one or two players, especially if not going to get more than couple games a season!