Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' PAUL TROLLOPE CONFIRMS THE THREE POSITIONS HE WANTS '

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:00 am

' PAUL TROLLOPE CONFIRMS THE THREE POSITIONS HE WANTS '

" 12 DAYS TO GO FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Paul Trollope says he wants a striker, full-back and goalkeeper before the transfer and loan window shuts at the end of August.

Paul Trollope has admitted he has added a full-back and a goalkeeper to his Cardiff City shopping list – and knows he needs to get his business done fast.

Today is Friday 19th August and Cardiff City now have 12 days to continue to reducing their wage bill,but also if they want to challenge for promotion from the Championship they need to strengthen now and a striker should be their first priority as Cardiff are yet to score a goal this season.

When is transfer deadline day?

High on owner Vincent Tan's list to get rid are high earners Kagisho Dikgaco,Adam Le Fondre and Macheda, but also City will listen to offers in other players.

Cardiff in the last seven days have sold two players Fabio and Moore,bringing in £2.5mill.

All business has to be done by 11pm on Wednesday, August 31. That applies to all outgoing and incoming transfers.

What about loans?

You may or not be aware that the emergency loan window for Football League clubs has been scrapped as FIFA feared it was affecting the integrity of the game. Why is that important? Well, it means no clubs will be able to do business between September and January, meaning these last couple of weeks are likely to be even more frantic than normal.

PAUL TROLLOPES CURRENT SQUAD
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783 :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " 12 DAYS TO GO FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:20 am

I'm all for the "no loan players" rule outside of the transfer window, as it means managers have to manage their squads and wealthier teams cannot seek an advantage every time they begin to struggle. It'll make things a little more interesting :thumbup:

The new rule also emphasises the need to get some strikers in before the window closes or I fear we will struggle to make make any real impact this season. That's not negativity, it's simply pointing out the obvious after a mixed start to the season to date

We have IMHO been encouraged by the solidity of the shape of the team and how we have restricted all opposition teams we have played so far. This just needs to be matched at the top end off the field and it would be a shame to waste the talent we have elsewhere in the side

Ironically, I think I'm amongst the minority that thinks Fred will eventually become a valuable player for us, but right now he needs help and (as a striker) Pilkington and/or Lahore aren't the answer :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:45 am

Sven wrote:I'm all for the "no loan players" rule outside of the transfer window, as it means managers have to manage their squads and wealthier teams cannot seek an advantage every time they begin to struggle. It'll make things a little more interesting :thumbup:

The new rule also emphasises the need to get some strikers in before the window closes or I fear we will struggle to make make any real impact this season. That's not negativity, it's simply pointing out the obvious after a mixed start to the season to date

We have IMHO been encouraged by the solidity of the shape of the team and how we have restricted all opposition teams we have played so far. This just needs to be matched at the top end off the field and it would be a shame to waste the talent we have elsewhere in the side

Ironically, I think I'm amongst the minority that thinks Fred will eventually become a valuable player for us, but right now he needs help and (as a striker) Pilkington and/or Lahore aren't the answer :ayatollah:

Chris, I agree with you regarding the new loan rule and also agree that these current players are jelling well, but I don't think Fred is the answer, we need a good striker now and we should not let August go without strengthening, we have the funds so there is No excuses.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:55 am

Sven wrote:I'm all for the "no loan players" rule outside of the transfer window, as it means managers have to manage their squads and wealthier teams cannot seek an advantage every time they begin to struggle. It'll make things a little more interesting :thumbup:

So the wealthier clubs can just stockpile players instead? I'm sorry, this gives an advantage to the bigger clubs, as the smaller clubs can't afford to carry 25 men squads.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:49 am

Paul Trollope confirms plans to replace Fabio

We’re still looking, it seems most clubs are leaving it late as is the norm now, sure there will be a lot of movement in next week and half.

With Fabio gone, I’ll admit looking for a full-back or wing back, with a bit of versatility to cover positions.

Fabs was ideal because could play right and left, so we will be looking.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:09 am

Paul Trollope says he wants a striker, full-back and goalkeeper before the transfer and loan window shuts at the end of August

Paul Trollope has admitted he has added a full-back and a goalkeeper to his Cardiff City shopping list – and knows he needs to get his business done fast.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:13 am

If he has added a versatile wing back and keeper
then it's also a striker and midfielder!

So that's 4 at least especially if le fondre, Dikgochoi and
Macheda go.

Busy week

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:15 am

Pulisnewport wrote:If he has added a versatile wing back and keeper

Macheda go.

Busy week

Hopefully a very busy week in and out Karl :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Macheda go.

Busy week

Annis personally I would be looking at Ched Evans!

Natural goal scorer who wouldn't take a lot to buy out
from Chesterfield and will only get better with fitness.
Trying a loanee won't work and the 2 we have at present
are work in progress.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:39 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Macheda go.

Busy week

Annis personally I would be looking at Ched Evans!

Natural goal scorer who wouldn't take a lot to buy out
from Chesterfield and will only get better with fitness.
Trying a loanee won't work and the 2 we have at present
are work in progress.

Karl, I would take Ched Evans tomorrow :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:21 am

I think Ched Evans needs to stay where he is for this season. Chesterfield gave him the opportunity and he should replay them that but doing what's he's doing! If Chesterfield are then happy for him to move on then so be it and they will get a fee! That's their choice then!

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:24 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:I think Ched Evans needs to stay where he is for this season. Chesterfield gave him the opportunity and he should replay them that but doing what's he's doing! If Chesterfield are then happy for him to move on then so be it and they will get a fee! That's their choice then!

I agree, he has to show faith and loyalty in the club that brought him back into football :bluebird:

Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:14 am

petesmeat wrote:

So the wealthier clubs can just stockpile players instead? I'm sorry, this gives an advantage to the bigger clubs, as the smaller clubs can't afford to carry 25 men squads.

They can only play eleven at time, fella and (like Newcastle United) if they have a surplus of players then at least it keeps them out of the clutches of other teams looking to seek an advantage when they realise their squads aren't as good as they initially thought ;)

A bit of an equaliser for decent managers without the cash to spend their way out of trouble IMHO and someone like Paul trollope might just be one of the beneficiaries if he can o a little more business in the next 10 days or so :ayatollah: