Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Vincent Tans Main Players Not Good Enough? '

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:02 pm

' Vincent Tans Main Players Not Good Enough? '

Honestly now this is not a dig at Tan, its my honest opinion.

Zohore and Gounongbe both supposedly Cardiff City's main strikers, signed by owner Vincent Tan, sat on the bench.

To be fair to our new manager Paul Trollope I admire him as he has dropped them, as in my opinion he believes they are not good enough, otherwise surely Trollope would not start with out a striker for the second game in a row and leave them both on the bench?

Trollope has this week stated he needs a new striker and two other players.

I will state this now, back our manager Tan and get him a good striker other wise I can see us only struggling this season.

OPINIONS PLEASE?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Vincent Tans Main Players Not Good Enough? '

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' Vincent Tans Main Players Not Good Enough? '

Zohore and Gounongbe both supposedly Cardiff City's main strikers, signed by owner Vincent Tan,sat on the bench.

To be fair to our new manager Paul Trollope I admire him as he has dropped them, as in my opinion he believes they are not good enough, otherwise surely Trollope would not start with out a striker for the second game in a row and leave them both on the bench?

I will state this now, back our manager Tan and get him a good striker other wise I can see us only struggling this season.

OPINIONS PLEASE?

they were signed by the transfer committee annis it is a dig at tan

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:17 pm

If we dont sign a decent striker we will be in a very tough relegation fight . Not many really weak teams to save us either . Could be a long season

I would rather give healey a chance than the other two

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:21 pm

we need 2 strikers I think not just one from what I've seen of Fred he doesnt seem up to it. If we dont get a decent striker by the end of August I can see us finishing a lot lower to the bottom than to the top 6 .

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Zohore and Gounongbe both supposedly Cardiff City's main strikers, signed by owner Vincent Tan.

OPINIONS PLEASE?

Wez, I stand by this, they are not the managers, it was Tan who signed them from his club, a fact and you know it.

Even you yourself say we need a striker ASAP true or not?

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Why does Tan appoint a manager and then not let him pick the players he wants?

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Zohore and Gounongbe both supposedly Cardiff City's main strikers, signed by owner Vincent Tan.

OPINIONS PLEASE?

Wez, I stand by this, they are not the managers, it was Tan who signed them from his club, a fact and you know it.

Not fact unless you were present at the transfer committee it's your educated opinion. I don't rate either of them but neither do I have a clue who's decision it was to sign them.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

OPINIONS PLEASE?

so is immers tans signing ? jazz Richards ? every cardiff player since tan arrived his signing does tan just pick them and go and watch them ? there's a scouting network

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:35 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

OPINIONS PLEASE?

so is immers tans signing ? jazz Richards ? every cardiff player since tan arrived his signing does tan just pick them and go and watch them ? there's a scouting network

Jazz Richards 100% Trollopes and Immers to be honest I'm not sure?

Do we need a striker or not answer the question?

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

OPINIONS PLEASE?

Jazz Richards 100% Trollopes and Immers to be honest I'm not sure?

Do we need a striker or not answer the question?

Yes we need a proven striker but we have needed one since chopra and bothroyd left tho

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

OPINIONS PLEASE?

Agree 100% Annis. Tan has signed so many dud players, pretty much all our big money signings were his and his stooges. I really believe a manager should have full control of signings and tactics but VT can't help but meddle.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:48 pm

We need 2 strikers urgent. I do believe Fred can be a decent target man for someone to play off

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:57 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:We need 2 strikers urgent. I do believe Fred can be a decent target man for someone to play off

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176333 :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Belgian purchased players are tan signings :digging2: scouted by KV Kortkjik of whatever they're caled

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:32 pm

Blackburn's Danny Graham (Jack B********) is the type of striker we are missing.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:36 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Zohore and Gounongbe both supposedly Cardiff City's main strikers, signed by owner Vincent Tan,sat on the bench.

OPINIONS PLEASE?

If Zohore and Gounongbe were on 6 goals each nothing would have been said :lol:
Same as last season when we were losing Tan was picking the team nothing said about Tan when we won.
I understand the hate for Tan but be consistant :thumbup:

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:39 pm

I wonder if Peter Crouch could still do a job at this level.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Tbh they are not given chance at moment trollope keeps changing players immers is out position compared to last season when he liked good, and Fred well hes only played about 30mins so far hardly time to impress or get into rythem. :old:

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:40 pm

O
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:40 pm

just leaving the big smoke, happy with point, yet we could of won if we had f striker

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:13 pm

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:15 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I wonder if Peter Crouch could still do a job at this level.

Definitely. ....wages issue

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:25 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:

He was on the bench today as he seems to have been most of last season.
He must be on around forty grand a week so absolutely no chance.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:25 pm

David Nugent as much as I hate his cheesy face would be ideal and then a fast young loan striker from a top club

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:41 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:David Nugent as much as I hate his cheesy face would be ideal and then a fast young loan striker from a top club

Agree

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Both of them look like they are better as impact players from the bench and a proven goal scorer is needed. I think it's too early to be sure on either though

Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:01 pm

john jones82 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

what like ogs did

OPINIONS PLEASE?

Agree 100% Annis. Tan has signed so many dud players, pretty much all our big money signings were his and his stooges. I really believe a manager should have full control of signings and tactics but VT can't help but meddle.

Agree 100% Annis. Tan has signed so many dud players, pretty much all our big money signings were his and his stooges. I really believe a manager should have full control of signings and tactics but VT can't help but meddle

Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:02 pm

john jones82 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

what like ogs did

OPINIONS PLEASE?

Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:59 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

We have ALF and Macheda to do that for us! LOL ;) :lol:

Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:05 pm

Sven wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

We have ALF and Macheda to do that for us! LOL ;) :lol:

Their contracts are getting ripped up soon I can't see them staying beyond this month.