Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Paul Trollope is making it a Priority to Sign '

Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:44 am

Cardiff City still want new signings says manager Paul Trollope

Paul Trollope "We are still on the look out and we are still trying to make things happen before the window shuts."

The addition of a striker is understood to be a priority for Cardiff City.

And why
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176329 :thumbright: :thumbright:

BBC

Sunday 21st August 2016

Cardiff manager Paul Trollope says he is still hunting for new players ahead of the close of the transfer window.

Joe Ralls and Anthony Pilkington struck for Cardiff in their 2-2 draw at Fulham, the first goals scored by Cardiff players this season.

"We are still looking to do some business," Trollope told BBC Radio Wales Sport.

"We are still on the look out and we are still trying to make things happen before the window shuts."

The addition of a striker is understood to be a priority for Cardiff, who won 2-1 in midweek against Blackburn but incredibly had to rely on two own goals.

The Bluebirds have added forwards Frederic Gounongbe, Kenneth Zohore and Lex Immers and Wales duo Emyr Huws and Jazz Richards to their squad since Trollope's appointment.

Former Wales coach Trollope believes the transfer market will be busy in the remaining days, especially with no emergency loan window in place this season.

"It will be a busy few weeks for most teams I would imagine, especially with the emergency loan window being out," he said.

"You hope to do it [sign players] and get it sorted next week, it would lead to an easier life, but the movement of other clubs can dictate who is coming in and out.

"So I would imagine there will be some late action."

Trollope would not elaborate on whether he has money to spend, but did admit players could still depart the Cardiff City Stadium, following the sale of defender Fabio Da Silva.

"If you are talking finances you need to talk to the chief executive or to the chairman, but from my point of view we are looking to add," he said.

"There are a few players we are still open to offers for and if the right offers come in that suit all parties then we will look at them on their merits and see if that happens."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Paul Trollope is making it a Priority to Sign '

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:48 am

We have only 2 strikers in our squad, 3 if you add the untried Rhys Healey and 5 if you add the unwanted Le Fondre and Macheda.

This puts us below Blackburn, Burton & Fulham who currently have 3 forwards in their squad. The average number of forwards is 5 per club which tells you exactly what we need to compete in this league.

Signing 2 forwards before the end of the transfer window is not just a priority it's essential in my opinion.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:59 am

castleblue wrote:We have only 2 strikers in our squad, 3 if you add the untried Rhys Healey and 5 if you add the unwanted Le Fondre and Macheda.

This puts us below Blackburn, Burton & Fulham who currently have 3 forwards in their squad. The average number of forwards is 5 per club which tells you exactly what we need to compete in this league.

Signing 2 forwards before the end of the transfer window is not just a priority it's essential in my opinion.

Gary, you are 100% correct and it will make the difference between a Top 6 assault or a mid-table slog! :thumbup:

Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:28 pm

Whilst it would be great to have a new striker, I do think the service to the forwards needs to be decent or at least worked on from here on if we get the right man to bang them in on a weekly basis.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:53 pm

castleblue wrote:We have only 2 strikers in our squad, 3 if you add the untried Rhys Healey and 5 if you add the unwanted Le Fondre and Macheda.

Agree Gary :thumbup:

Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:38 pm

Xenonbluebird wrote:Whilst it would be great to have a new striker, I do think the service to the forwards needs to be decent or at least worked on from here on if we get the right man to bang them in on a weekly basis.

Correct we could have aguero upfront but if we played like we did first half on sat then it wouldn't matter. I think Harris needs to start and ralls needs to look for more forward passes.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:43 pm

Reading between the lines there and trollope is saying he wants a new striker or players but the owner dosent.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Tan is deluded = always said he would find or want a MICHU :lol: