Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF TO MOVE ON THREE PLAYERS AT LEAST AND '

Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:27 am

' CARDIFF TO MOVE ON THREE PLAYERS AT LEAST AND BRING THREE IN '

THIS WEEK CARDIFF CITY WILL TRY TO MOVE OUT FEDERICO MACHEDA,ADAM LE FONDRA & KAGISHO DIKGACOI
AND BRING IN THREE,A STRIKER AT THE TOP OF PAUL TROLLOPS LIST.

Paul Trollope says he wants a striker, full-back and goalkeeper before the transfer and loan window shuts at the end of August.

Federico Macheda set to complete Pescara move

Unwanted Cardiff City striker Federico Macheda is close to securing a move away from the club and saving the club over £100,000 a month.

Reports in Italy claim that the former Manchester United man will finally secure a move to his homeland this week.

The 24-year-old has been linked with Pescara for some time, though it is unclear whether or not a loan deal or permanent switch is on the cards.

Either way, with his contract expiring next summer, his Bluebirds career looks to be coming to an end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CARDIFF TO MOVE ON THREE PLAYERS AT LEAST AND '

Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:57 am

Sooner we get rid of Macheda, Le Fondre and Dikgacoi the better. I can't believe some think Le Fondre should be given a chance to play in the first team, it's obvious he's not interested.

But the three new players would have to be players who would improve our team. No point bringing in players who are just going to sit on the bench or, like Saadi, not even get in the match-day squad.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:' CARDIFF TO MOVE ON THREE PLAYERS AT LEAST AND BRING THREE IN '

THIS WEEK CARDIFF CITY WILL TRY TO MOVE OUT FEDERICO MACHEDA,ADAM LE FONDRA & KAGISHO DIKGACOI

Paul Trollope says he wants a striker, full-back and goalkeeper before the transfer and loan window shuts at the end of August.

Unwanted Cardiff City striker Federico Macheda is close to securing a move away from the club and saving the club over £100,000 a month.

Reports in Italy claim that the former Manchester United man will finally secure a move to his homeland this week.

The 24-year-old has been linked with Pescara for some time, though it is unclear whether or not a loan deal or permanent switch is on the cards.

Either way, with his contract expiring next summer, his Bluebirds career looks to be coming to an end.

What Trollope needs to do is the following,sign two strikers,a midfield general who can take over the captaincy from Marshall who is not up to the job,also we need to sign a decent goalkeeper who could put pressure on a complacent Marshall,this is what Trollope should do,but will he do it?

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:17 am

I'd guess the reason Le Fondre isn't given a chance is
1 high weekly salary
2 the bonus structure in his contract.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:20 am

angelis1949 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' CARDIFF TO MOVE ON THREE PLAYERS AT LEAST AND BRING THREE IN '

What Trollope needs to do is the following,sign two strikers,a midfield general who can take over the captaincy from Marshall who is not up to the job,also we need to sign a decent goalkeeper who could put pressure on a complacent Marshall,this is what Trollope should do,but will he do it?

Can he do it is the question. Im sure he would it in the drop of a hat if given the correct backing but weather he's guna be able to on a shoestring is a different story.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:20 am

stickywicket wrote:I'd guess the reason Le Fondre isn't given a chance is
1 high weekly salary

Don't forget he's shit and not interested in being a Cardiff player

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:21 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Sooner we get rid of Macheda, Le Fondre and Dikgacoi the better. I can't believe some think Le Fondre should be given a chance to play in the first team, it's obvious he's not interested.

But the three new players would have to be players who would improve our team. No point bringing in players who are just going to sit on the bench or, like Saadi, not even get in the match-day squad.

Spot on, if more bench warmers are brought in then I can't see any difference being made.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:31 am

Given a free hand I'm more than sure Trollope knows what he needs.Moving those three players on is paramount to the type of player he can bring in.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:34 am

nubbsy wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Sooner we get rid of Macheda, Le Fondre and Dikgacoi the better. I can't believe some think Le Fondre should be given a chance to play in the first team, it's obvious he's not interested.

Spot on, if more bench warmers are brought in then I can't see any difference being made.

Do you think Huws is a bench warmer because I'm beginning to think so

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:43 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Given a free hand I'm more than sure Trollope knows what he needs.Moving those three players on is paramount to the type of player he can bring in.

Martin, I 100% agree its time to move them on, but we've sold and moved on enough players this last 3 years, that surely Trollope is still able to bring what he needs in now, only last week, we moved on two players bringing in £2.5mill and saving massive wages.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:45 am

nubbsy wrote:
stickywicket wrote:I'd guess the reason Le Fondre isn't given a chance is
1 high weekly salary

Don't forget he's shit and not interested in being a Cardiff player

Totally agree with you nubbsy
Why oh why are fans still looking to give him another chance ffs

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:45 am

angelis1949 wrote:

Im a big Marshall fan, but he should not be Captain in my opinion.

As to Trollope bringing in new players, he says he wants them now, so lets get them, we've known for months we've needed them :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:59 am

Who will take Le Fondre?

If nobody wants him then might as well use him - he can't be any worse than Fred or Zahore (3 year contract really??)

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:10 am

angelis1949 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Do you think Huws is a bench warmer because I'm beginning to think so

Could be. it's guna be tough for him to break into the team, especially when o'keefe is back from injury. I think trolls is more likely to change things up if they arnt working than slade was so it's upto Huws to take his chance when he gets it I suppose.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:16 am

I would stretch for Jedinak to boss midfield, offer second set piece option and more importantly Captain the side from middle of the park! I'm not panicking over striker issue yet, a free keeper should be acquired and I think we have options for cover at full back - as Harris has shown. I would move on the known 3 and cash in on Gunnar's to fund Jedinack transfer

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:35 am

FloridaBluebird wrote:I would stretch for Jedinak to boss midfield, offer second set piece option and more importantly Captain the side from middle of the park! I'm not panicking over striker issue yet, a free keeper should be acquired and I think we have options for cover at full back - as Harris has shown. I would move on the known 3 and cash in on Gunnar's to fund Jedinack transfer

Be hard to sign Jedinak he just signed for villa last week

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:36 am

OH!

http://sportwitness.co.uk/cardiff-city- ... al-stalls/

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:58 am

Igovernor wrote:OH!

I had a feeling this might happen.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:01 pm

I hope I'm wrong but i can see us all sitting and watching Sky sports on deadline day for new arrivals and we wont get anybody it happens every year :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Igovernor wrote:OH!

Here it is:

Cardiff City forward Federico Macheda’s proposed move to Serie B side Pesacara is in danger of collapsing, according to claims in the Italian media. The 24-year-old looks surplus to requirements with the Championship side, and has been linked with a move back to his home country in the past week.

TMW have revealed talks have stalled between Pescara and Cardiff City with regards to Macheda signing for the Italian side before the transfer window closes, stating things are frozen. Pescara are keen to bring in a forward after their star player Gianluca Lapadula joined AC Milan earlier in the window.

However, it’s been claimed a deal is now looking very unlikely, and subsequently Pescara are looking other alternatives.

Macheda has never been able to rediscover the form he showed in his first season with Manchester United, when he scored vital goals to help the club win the Premier League title. The forward has had several loan spells with a number of clubs, including Nottingham Forest last season.

Cardiff City are keen to offload the player, but it seems a move to Pescara isn’t going to happen.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:37 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

Need cover for Declan John too, Harris, Richards or Peltier right back but only John left back.

Agree about 2 strikers and the goalkeeper situation. If Gunnarson can be consistent then I think we have our midfield general and he should also be captain anyway IMO.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:57 pm

The " CHOO CHOO TRAIN " Gone quiet of late :roll: