Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/OPINION ON CARDIFF CITY/FINANCES/TROLLOPE

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:26 pm

" MY VIEW/OPINION ON CARDIFF CITY/FINANCES/ PAUL TROLLOPE "

Our present club policy is

(1) trimming wages

(2) selling if the price is right

(3) getting players on a free transfer or on loan.

Let's for one minute put "The Despicable Rebrand Aside"

Of course we all wish to have the best players but considering our dire financial situation where our present owner has sunk in £150- 200 million (?) a big chunk of his total networth (this is in his loan + his shares + borrowing from financial institutions),waiting to see if more debt to equity has been done as promised(we will know in next few days).
Remember the majority of the debt has been made by Tan and is owed to Tan.

Considering all that then we should be looking on what is happening positively, because otherwise we may as well give up supporting our club.

Tan wants his money back and bit by bit he's getting it back, but thankfully I believe we have a manager in Paul Trollope with ambition to get the best out of the peanut budget he has been given.

Paul Trollope "on paper" has done well.

We have a brand new team the Trollope team. Declan John, Kadeem Harris , Joe Ralls, Stuart O'Keefe and Ben Wilson are practically new as they were not used much previously. Lex Immers and Anthony Pilkington can now drop a bit back to their natural preferred positions (so they are like new) and Emyr Huws, Joe Bennett, Ben Amos , Jazz Richards and Gounogbe(not sure about) are all new and now finally a new striker Rickie Lambert on a two year contact . All in all 13 New Trollope players- a whole team. We should be positive :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION ON CARDIFF CITY/FINANCES/TROLLOPE

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Trollope has done well under difficult circumstances like Slade has done(off the field such as financial side).

I really wish supporters would just back off in a sense because one minute when we was over spending we was complaining we needed to be run better and more strict on the financial side of things and now we been doing that supporters are complaining. We have always had a contradicting fan base.

It is very frustrating when you see clubs like Derby, Wolves, Bristol, etc spending money but it is also laughable to watch these clubs throwing money at it when these clubs may not even get play offs let alone automatic but we should be proud to watch the way the board are now running the club because we kind of go under the radar because we are spending within our means.

It is sad to see people like Marshall and Fabio depart but I am happy that the players that did give everything to the cause are leaving on a good note from both sides, all most like we respect them for how much time they given here when they should have been playing at a higher level.

I think getting 2.5 million for Fabio is great and heard it could rise to 3 million based on Boro staying up and Marshall will rise to 5-6 million which I think is a respectable figure because I don't believe the figures banded about before when clubs were linked with him were true.

We need to get behind the team now and have a realistic mindset to where the club is at. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:50 pm

That's what I was trying to point out in my be patient post, Annis.

There's a bigger picture, it's frustrating but we need to give the system time. I've seen spells of good attacking football and signs the formation can work.

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:53 pm

Starting to run like a football club maybe............

:bluescarf:

Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" MY VIEW/OPINION ON CARDIFF CITY/FINANCES/ PAUL TROLLOPE "

(1) trimming wages

Of course we all wish to have the best players but considering our dire financial situation where our present owner has sunk in £150- 200 million (?) a big chunk of his total networth (this is in his loan + his shares + borrowing from financial institutions),waiting to see if more debt to equity has been done as promised(we will know in next few days).

Considering all that then we should be looking on what is happening positively, because otherwise we may as well give up supporting our club.

Tan wants his money back and bit by bit he's getting it back, but thankfully I believe we have a manager in Paul Trollope with ambition to get the best out of the peanut budget he has been given.

We have a brand new team the Trollope team. Declan John, Kadeem Harris , Joe Ralls, Stuart O'Keefe and Ben Wilson are practically new as they were not used much previously. Lex Immers and Anthony Pilkington can now drop a bit back to their natural preferred positions (so they are like new) and Emyr Huws, Joe Bennett, Ben Amos , Jazz Richards and Gounogbe(not sure about) are all new and now finally a new striker Rickie Lambert on a two year contract . All in all 13 New Trollope players- a whole team. We should be positive :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Is this you Annis? You feeling ok? :lol: :lol:
Good read :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:23 pm

To be fair to Trollope, he is doing the best he can with a low budget as you say. To convince someone of Rickie Lambert's quality and experience to sign is very impressive - I know they worked together at Bristol Rovers.

But he would have known that he had little money to spend when he took the job.

Still say that we can't judge him until 10-15 games in. I don't think we'll threaten the top six though.

Can understand the departures, but it's still frustrating. As you say, Tan wants his money back. But at least it puts our finances in a better light.

Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:25 pm

its easy to get frustrated during the transfer window especially when it looks like the club arent doing anything,i for one was crytical of the club simply because i feel the cost cutting has been overboard but now the dust has settled and we have addressed the goal scoring problem hopefully i think we can be happy with the business we have done we could have done with another quicker striker but i think we will see a better version of cardiff city going forward

Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:27 pm

(1) trimming wages

We have a brand new team the Trollope team. Declan John, Kadeem Harris , Joe Ralls, Stuart O'Keefe and Ben Wilson are practically new as they were not used much previously. Lex Immers and Anthony Pilkington can now drop a bit back to their natural preferred positions (so they are like new) and Emyr Huws, Joe Bennett, Ben Amos , Jazz Richards and Gounogbe(not sure about) are all new and now finally a new striker Rickie Lambert on a two year contract. All in all 13 New Trollope players- a whole team. We should be positive :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

we should be positive things are going in the right direction Bennett and lambert are very good signings I'm looking forward to the next match

Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:34 pm

My view as ive said before. We have overspent for years under 3 people who to be fair have given us some great players to watch but with that came the bad side of it debt..
What i hope now is lessons have been learned and we are spending within our means and starting to build and progress without throwing money away like the past..
Trollope looks like a good prospect and hopefully will be given time the fans need to be patient..

Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Seems your facts might be wrong annis lambert is signed on a permanant deal aint he coming for around 2 million pound hes not a free transfer or a loan deal???

Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Annis, you sum it up well in your OP :thumbup:

Sadly, it won't stop the mischief makers from pouncing on every opportunity to 'knock' the club and fail to see the bigger picture, which is that the club are heading towards the sort of financial stability the likes of you, me and those of our era could only dream of

Whether Tan stays or not is open to debate. Personally, I'm increasingly sure he wants out to concentrate on his American Soccer League interests, but if he carries out his 'debt-to-equity promise then I see a positive future for the club with or without him and I am prepared to accept the on-field situation as it is for the time being

Paul Trollope appears to have a system in mind and feels he has the players to make the most of it. IMHO, the Rickie Lambert signing is a bit of a coup and sends out the positive signals I don't think many of us expected even in the later stages of the last Transfer Window day :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:57 pm

(1) trimming wages

We have a brand new team the Trollope team. Declan John, Kadeem Harris , Joe Ralls, Stuart O'Keefe and Ben Wilson are practically new as they were not used much previously. Lex Immers and Anthony Pilkington can now drop a bit back to their natural preferred positions (so they are like new) and Emyr Huws, Joe Bennett, Ben Amos , Jazz Richards and Gounogbe(not sure about) are all new and now finally a new striker Rickie Lambert on a two year contact . All in all 13 New Trollope players- a whole team. We should be positive :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Calling this present City team as a new team is stretching it somewhat,the current midfield is still very much the same as last season and that's the problem in my view,you have players in that midfield that are low on confidence and one paced, should have been addressed in the transfer window but predictable ignored by Trollope

Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:07 pm

(1) trimming wages

Not bad :thumbup:

Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:57 pm

Don't understand the part about Tan getting his money back bit by bit, if he writes off the debt over the next 5 years as he says he's hardly taking his money back bit by bit more like giving it away to the club. The debt wasn't just run up by him, although his foolishness in trusting first Milky and then Dalman and OSG loose with the chequebook was his fault, not to mention what went on before with Sam the Sham and weasel Risdale. Mind you we all were quite happy when things were going well, as we all said Tan knew nothing about football. Thankfully no doubt pissed off with all the money he was having to put in on a monthly basis he saw sense, took charge and is now getting us slowly back to being run like a proper business, an area he has some expertise in. It may take a few years but hopefully with good management we just might get a decent Championship team. Hopefully with players we've got if they gel together, we may not make the play offs but we could keep away from the relegation spots.

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:13 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

(1) trimming wages

Calling this present City team as a new team is stretching it somewhat,the current midfield is still very much the same as last season and that's the problem in my view,you have players in that midfield that are low on confidence and one paced, should have been addressed in the transfer window but predictable ignored by Trollope

Do you really think Trollope wouldn't have been trying to get a few more players? His hands are practically tied. Give it a rest!

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:13 pm

barriboy wrote:Don't understand the part about Tan getting his money back bit by bit, if he writes off the debt over the next 5 years as he says he's hardly taking his money back bit by bit more like giving it away to the club. The debt wasn't just run up by him, although his foolishness in trusting first Milky and then Dalman and OSG loose with the chequebook was his fault, not to mention what went on before with Sam the Sham and weasel Risdale. Mind you we all were quite happy when things were going well, as we all said Tan knew nothing about football. Thankfully no doubt pissed off with all the money he was having to put in on a monthly basis he saw sense, took charge and is now getting us slowly back to being run like a proper business, an area he has some expertise in. It may take a few years but hopefully with good management we just might get a decent Championship team. Hopefully with players we've got if they gel together, we may not make the play offs but we could keep away from the relegation spots.

great post I think this team if they gel can make the playoffs

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:30 pm

Hope so Wez, but with the number of decent squads in this division think we'll be more in the middle. Still just like us, other clubs may have spent more and got more players but they still have to gel and produce the goods. Time will tell.

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Feeling more confident now we have a proven goalscorer was not expecting anyone like Lambert to be honest. Not saying I think we will make the play offs but probably top half of the table will do me, while we have managed to get rid of some seriously dead wood :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:22 pm

BlueMagic wrote:Seems your facts might be wrong annis lambert is signed on a permanant deal aint he coming for around 2 million pound hes not a free transfer or a loan deal???

Originaly City thought he would be just available on loan, then WBA said you can have him, City paid ZERO transfer fee, but a lot of money in signing on fee and big wages.

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:46 pm

nubbsy wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

(1) trimming wages

Do you really think Trollope wouldn't have been trying to get a few more players? His hands are practically tied. Give it a rest!

Don't you find that bucket of sand that you constantly carry around heavy? I know you like to bury your head in it now and then but put the dam bucket down son,give it a rest

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Whatever happens this season I won't be laying any blame at the managers door.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Whatever happens this season I won't be laying any blame at the managers door.

Correct, it's not his fault if we crash and burn it's the person who appointed him who should take the blame.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:25 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

(1) trimming wages

Don't you find that bucket of sand that you constantly carry around heavy? I know you like to bury your head in it now and then but put the dam bucket down son,give it a rest

nothing to say when faced with sense have you? If Trollope could get some new players he would, it's not that he hasn't addressed player issues. we all know the restraints, so give your arse a chance for fucks sake.