Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Jasonccfc » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:49 pm

When they had closed the bob bank terrace only for cardiff fans to push a gate open in the canton and run across the terrace towards the jacks in the grange end :lol:
Think it was a live on sky maybe mid 90s?
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Jasonccfc » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:39 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:When they had closed the bob bank terrace only for cardiff fans to push a gate open in the canton and run across the terrace towards the jacks in the grange end :lol:
Think it was a live on sky maybe mid 90s?


Anyone got the game on video/dvd or know where i could get it?
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby nobby » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:08 am

I remember it think we drew 0-0. I was in the grandstand that day and remember the fans running at the Jacks and then all turning around and jumping back over the wall into the bob bank. I wondered why they were running and then i saw all the police dogs running into the bob bank terrace. :lol:
nobby
 
Posts: 4213
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Jasonccfc » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:45 am

nobby wrote:I remember it think we drew 0-0. I was in the grandstand that day and remember the fans running at the Jacks and then all turning around and jumping back over the wall into the bob bank. I wondered why they were running and then i saw all the police dogs running into the bob bank terrace. :lol:


Yes thats the one :lol: Im hoping someone on here will have a copy of the game
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Jasonccfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:44 pm

I still can't find a this game i had it on video tape but seems to be lost. Anyone have a copy of the game i'd be willing to buy one :thumbright:
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:57 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:I still can't find a this game i had it on video tape but seems to be lost. Anyone have a copy of the game i'd be willing to buy one :thumbright:


I can't video either Jason.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 96852
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Jasonccfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:41 pm

Been after this game for years i'm sure someone somewhere must have it
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby KJblue » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Was it an evening cup fixture, early 90's poss late 80's if it's the same one it went to extra time, then penalties?
KJblue
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:44 am

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Jasonccfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:22 pm

KJblue wrote:Was it an evening cup fixture, early 90's poss late 80's if it's the same one it went to extra time, then penalties?


No mate it i think it was a league game possibly on sky
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby 64JACK » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:59 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
KJblue wrote:Was it an evening cup fixture, early 90's poss late 80's if it's the same one it went to extra time, then penalties?


No mate it i think it was a league game possibly on sky


https://www.11v11.com/matches/cardiff-c ... 99-184741/

Was your first year under Sam Hammam. I remember it well, Sunday afternoon, bubble live on Sky.
64JACK
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Red Barron » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Think it was an autoglass game on a Thursday night, sure it was our first time on sky.
Red Barron
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby dogfound » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:54 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
KJblue wrote:Was it an evening cup fixture, early 90's poss late 80's if it's the same one it went to extra time, then penalties?


No mate it i think it was a league game possibly on sky



i think it was 02/11/97..Swansea won 1 nil.. kieth walker scored for them.
it might have been 18th april 1999...but if i had to bet id bet on the 1997 game..was defo not a night game/was a sunday afternoon/ mid day
dogfound
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Not related to the game but I drove past the old Swansea Jack pub yesterday, all closed up and up for auction, used to be a pretty interesting pub to go past in the 80s during the Welsh Cup days. Sad to see really all closed up now.
Soldiers willingly, sometimes foolishly, risk their own lives to keep their comrades out of enemy hands.
1980s Bluebird
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:37 pm
Location: Jackland Valley

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Kingyccfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Oh yes i renember this game. I remember being captivated by the scenes on the Bob bank,so much so that me and my mate did'nt even realise Scott Young had been sent off for city.
Kingyccfc
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Risca

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Jasonccfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:Oh yes i renember this game. I remember being captivated by the scenes on the Bob bank,so much so that me and my mate did'nt even realise Scott Young had been sent off for city.


I was on the bob bank lower terrace that day we all came from the Canton stand id love to see that game again or a clip of the bob bank scenes.. :ayatollah:
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Woody CCFC » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
Kingyccfc wrote:Oh yes i renember this game. I remember being captivated by the scenes on the Bob bank,so much so that me and my mate did'nt even realise Scott Young had been sent off for city.


I was on the bob bank lower terrace that day we all came from the Canton stand id love to see that game again or a clip of the bob bank scenes.. :ayatollah:[/quote
]
]I would love to see the time Chelsea was on the corner of the bob bank, and got kicked off 1979, that was good telly/
Woody CCFC
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Jasonccfc » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:05 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
Kingyccfc wrote:Oh yes i renember this game. I remember being captivated by the scenes on the Bob bank,so much so that me and my mate did'nt even realise Scott Young had been sent off for city.


I was on the bob bank lower terrace that day we all came from the Canton stand id love to see that game again or a clip of the bob bank scenes.. :ayatollah:[/quote
]
]I would love to see the time Chelsea was on the corner of the bob bank, and got kicked off 1979, that was good telly/



Good craic in the Canton back then i used to stand by you most games. I remember we pushed the gate open and ran across the bob bank :lol:
Remenber another time when a young fan ran on the pitch at the end of one game and the stewards hurt his arm and it kicked off with the police in the Canton stand :laughing6:
I'm sure i have that Jacks game here somewhere but can't find it anywhere..
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Anyone remember a ccfc v scfc game at Ninian Park

Postby Jasonccfc » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 pm

£10 reward if someone finds a copy :ayatollah:
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], cantonbluebird1959, Cesca, Google [Bot], jimmy_rat, KBK-13, martyblue, nubbsy, RhiwEbbwBluebird, valleyrambill and 110 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.