' CARDIFF CITY REVEAL AMBITIOUS NEW PLANS '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY REVEAL AMBITIOUS NEW PLANS '

Postby SwampCCFC » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:32 pm

just sounds like more PR spin and empty words, which i'm getting used to from the current board.

by the way, i do not blame trollope. he is an honest football man trying to do the best with the tools given to him. however, all these empty words from the board are getting boring. as annis said, very little substance there.

finally, there is a serious issue with the fans. yes many are fickle but some would be more loyal if they hadn't been messed around. quit the PR and start running the club properly is my message. who's to say this plan won't be abandoned in a years time? we cleared the decks for solskjaers staff and then promptly sacked the lot at huge expense. absolutely no forwards planning.
SwampCCFC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Hopski » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Does this Cardiff Way have parking? I would go to all home matches, not just the midweek ones. Fed up with walking 2 miles to fro to the ground from the nearest side street parking.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Hopski

Postby City Slicker » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:58 pm

New plans from Vincent Tan, pity help us; we've been there before haven't we? Part of the excuse for his turning us red was his belief more and more fans would buy into the "Welsh" identity of the club and identify with the red. That didn't happen did it?

As mentioned previously Cardiff City has a glorious tradition and a solid identity which he attempted to destroy. Being Welsh is only part of our story, our tradition is much more than that. A lot of it is about coal and working class people of many backgrounds who helped shape the city within a proud working class hinterland. Over the years Cardiff City has been synonymous with good football, albeit rarely at the highest level! However, I'm sure there are many people of a certain age throughout Europe who remember many of Cardiff City's forays in the continent with admiration and respect; including Tashkent. They may well have been proud standard bearers for Wales in those days but more importantly for their city.

This new idea just seems to me an attempt to jump on the Wales bandwagon after our great results in the Euros and I fear it's going to add very little. I for one have no interest where any of our players are from as long as they are good footballers and good ambassadors for the club. If Vincent Tan wants to think about reforming the club he needs to look at putting in the kind of developmental and scouting structure the likes of Southampton are applauded for. Remember they picked up Gareth Bale. Whenever have Cardiff picked up a future star from under the noses of rival clubs?
City Slicker

Postby Fergy1927 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:18 am

The Wales way is only good because of Bale and Ramsey. Without those two players, Wales would be a below average team in my opinion.

Coleman would be useless without them.

Cardiff will be a below average Championship team without a spine of quality players. The problem there is that we won't easily sign great players as Tan isn't respected and players seem to be sold if a good bid comes in.

I hope it works but it seems like spin to me.
Fergy1927

Postby cardiff 74 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:18 am

nubbsy wrote:Bit of a random point to pick out, but as a welshman I'll never understand why margetson left Wales for England. No time for that whatsoever.

I posted about that a couple of weeks a go nubby I know the family well I used to play with martins dad at baglan boys club he even lived round the corner from them before they moved to another area of baglan which still wasn't far away from me or my parents Welsh through and and through but he joins england bizarre
cardiff 74

Postby swimaway » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:31 pm

Re Margetson, no idea why he turned but can think of 2 reasons....
if you know Margetsons, then Big Sam is Malcolm!
or
The money
swimaway

Postby SwampCCFC » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:42 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:just sounds like more PR spin and empty words, which i'm getting used to from the current board.

by the way, i do not blame trollope. he is an honest football man trying to do the best with the tools given to him. however, all these empty words from the board are getting boring. as annis said, very little substance there.

finally, there is a serious issue with the fans. yes many are fickle but some would be more loyal if they hadn't been messed around. quit the PR and start running the club properly is my message. who's to say this plan won't be abandoned in a years time? we cleared the decks for solskjaers staff and then promptly sacked the lot at huge expense. absolutely no forwards planning.

looks like the plan was abandoned sooner than i predicted :lol:

anyone know where we are with the whole 'The club needs an identity, more Welsh players for the Welsh people to get behind" thing'? :lol:
SwampCCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:27 pm

Neokutai wrote:Cardiff had an identity, Tan pissed all over it then blamed the fans. This just sounds like desperation to halt plummeting attendance / season ticket figures.

Attendances dropped for sevetal reasons the red of course but also relegation poor team performances new stadium effect wearing off and probably more reasons! But to say they are plummeting is wrong they dropped but now improving
And have stabilised past 2 seasons this season are they plummeting? :o
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:49 am

SwampCCFC wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:just sounds like more PR spin and empty words, which i'm getting used to from the current board.

looks like the plan was abandoned sooner than i predicted :lol:

anyone know where we are with the whole 'The club needs an identity, more Welsh players for the Welsh people to get behind" thing'? :lol:

:lol:

You honestly don't think I listen to most of their bullshit.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat