Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/OPINION MANAGER PAUL TROLLOPE CERTAINLY STAMPED HIS

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:55 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

MANAGER PAUL TROLLOPE CERTAINLY STAMPED HIS AUTHORITY ON THE NEW LOOK CARDIFF TEAM.

Trollope Shocked everyone and Dropped Manga,Whittingham and Harris from the starting 11.

Cardiff were to static today and there was no one there of real quality, unlike Norwich who had the quality upfront.

But to be fair to Cardiff they never stopped battling,but I believe Trollope got the starting line up wrong today.

Our goals were to little to late.

Thanks to Vince Alm for keeping me updated :bluebird:

Cardiff players today played in front of a big Norwich crowd,but with only a few hundred diehard Bluebird fans who had made the trip to support them.

NORWICH CITY 3 CARDIFF CITY 2
Jerome 16mins Pilkighton 86min
Martin 58 Pilkinghton 92min
Murphy 90

Ben Wilson, Peltier, Morrison, Connolly, Richards, John, Gunnarsson, Ralls, Immers, Pilkington, Lambert.

Subs : Amos, Manga, Whittingham, Harris, Huws, Noone and Gounongbe

Crowd 25,519
Away Support 300 approx incl 50 comps.

Cardiff City were today led out by new Captain Sean Morrison :ayatollah:

Norwich last three games, the Canaries’ fortunes have been rather mixed with a win, draw and loss from their last three outings. They narrowly beat Bristol City 1-0, drew 1-1 with arch rivals Ipswich Town before suffering a comprehensive 3-0 defeat to Birmingham City last time out.

Also the Canaries had failed to score in seven of their last 11 league games, including their last time out against Birmingham,
whilst Cardiff City travelled to Norwich today upbeat having just signed their new striker Rickie Lambert :bluebird:

Cardiff City ran out to a big crowd,but with themselves only having a few hundred diehard fans to support them.

For the first 15mins Cardiff held their own and then in the 16th min Cameron Jerome from close range shot the ball in the back of the net,after Wilson had saved it.First time the ball has been in the city box. Norwich 1-0 :cry:

Cardiff were playing good football, with Lambert holding the ball well and passing it about well, but at this stage we were not hurting Norwich.

Lambert was also running back and defending.

New captain Sean Morrison was down for quite a while and looked to be in a lot of pain after being followed,thankfully after treatment he was back on his feet.

Norwich seemed to take control of the game and had Cardiff on the back foot for long periods.

in the 39th min Cardiff came close. Gunnarsson's long throw was nodded on, and the Norwich goalie McGovern reacted superbly to deny Ricky Lambert.

Cardiff were on penned back right up and till half-time. :o

Half-time Norwich City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry:

Now Cardiff needed to step up the pace this half.

Cardiff started to threaten down the left with Declan John, making some good runs :ayatollah:

In the 52 min Rickie Lambert hit the bar! he should of scored, brilliant cross from Gunnarsson. Oh, he had to score. It was the perfect chance :shock: :shock:

Cameron Jerome was still causing all sorts of problems. Somehow got a free header in the Cardiff box and bang Russell Martin made it 2-0 Norwich :cry: :cry:

63rd min Whittingham and Harris came with Lex Immers and Declan John coming off.

70min Matt Connolly was replaced by Craig Noone

Trollope was now going for pace.

City went forward but there was no one there to finish it.

We were to static and had no real quality to make a difference against Norwich City.

86th min Anthony Pilkington got one back for City 2-1, Noone made the differance :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

90th min Josh Murphy 3-1 Norwich :( :(

92min Pilkinghton :ayatollah: :ayatollah: 3-2

Full-time NORWICH CITY 3 CARDIFF CITY 2 :(

Man of the match Anthony Pilkinghton :thumbright:

UP NEXT PRESTON AWAY THIS TUESDAY NIGHT :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION MANAGER PAUL TROLLOPE CERTAINLY STAMPED

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:03 pm

What a mess we are in

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

UP NEXT LEEDS UNITED HOME THIS SATURDAY 12.30PM :thumbright: :bluebird:

Preston away this tuesday is next

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:10 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OOPS Your right Darren :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:11 pm

oxfordblue wrote:What a mess we are in

Hmmmm? I better watch what I say,the usual suspects will say I am negative :lol:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OOPS Your right Darren :thumbright: :thumbright:

4 points from the next 2 games must be the absolute minimum, anything less and things will be looking pretty bleak.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmm? I better watch what I say,the usual suspects will say I am negative :lol:

[b][/SHAMBLES !!!!!!!!b]

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:23 pm

I know you say Wilson made a save and Jerome put the rebound in, but the statistics say Norwich had 3 shots on goals and scored them all! :o

Hardly surprising when the clowns running our club choose to sell our 2 first choice keepers though. I also believe Marshall wouldn't have signed for Hull to be on the bench today. I think he was forced out and the clowns in charge are lying to us once again!

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:28 pm

UPDATED
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

It's a toss up who is the most clueless,either Trollope or the usual suspects leave it to you to decide

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Trollope is the new tinkerman by the look of it he needs to keep a settled side a few games in obviously isn't the end of the world but as games start to go by if things don't change we are only going one way and that's down

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:32 pm

UPDATED

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

All you can do is observe and comment thats not being negative its being realistic

Forever Blue wrote:

All you can do is observe and comment thats not being negative its being realistic

Allan/ Wez

Vince's words not just mine it looks like we could be in a relegation fight ? ?

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:34 pm

oxfordblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Correct and certain people try to stop others having their honest opinions

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Absolute bonkers to think we will be in a relegation scrap after just six games and just lost to a tough place in Carrow Road.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Absolute bonkers to think we will be in a relegation scrap after just six games and just lost to a tough place in Carrow Road.

Read my words correctly could be?

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Absolute bonkers to think we will be in a relegation scrap after just six games and just lost to a tough place in Carrow Road.

Read my words correctly could be?

But I don't think we will. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Based on your past predictions that is not very comfoting to hear.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:00 pm

If Norwich are promotion contenders then so are we all very poor game between two poor sides

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm what MBA types called a 'realistic optimist' (whatever that is). I've seen us play some good 45 minutes of play this season both home and away. I've seen us create plenty of chances at times too. We've also been solid at the back and hard to score against. That's the optimistic bit. This is the realistic bit. I've also see us play some poor 45 minutes. I've seen us not closing off games by converting the chances and then coming away with nothing. I've seen our best player sold and now I fear we will be easier to score against. Today, we don't start three of our best players in a system where you simply have to have your best players starting. If we had started them, the final 3-2 scoreline and our goals coming late suggest that we could have come away with something. I thought the final piece of the jigsaw was hopefully bringing in a much needed striker but now I think we have much more to address and it needs to happen quickly or we will struggle. Too early to be looking at positions but if we continue as we have been, then we definitely have a problem.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:38 pm

Blue crow wrote:If Norwich are promotion contenders then so are we all very poor game between two poor sides

Norwich were poor and Cardiff today

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:14 pm

It's really sad to think we probably have the richest
owner we have ever had and that the club seems to
meander rather than push for anything!

Mixed messages from within the club and similar decisions have caused divisions within support for the club.

I said sometime ago the horse has bolted and nothing seems to have altered in raining it in.

Bring back the 80 and 90's far more enjoyable!

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:22 pm

Give the man a chance I say ,how the hell you can say where we will finish after a few matches played is guesswork at best .It will take time to bed in his way of playing and to mould his style of play.Ive seen first hand down the vale how professional the coaching set up and training is so I believe that we will see as the season goes on real progression and better results :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:24 pm

frank skinner wrote:Give the man a chance I say ,how the hell you can say where we will finish after a few matches played is guesswork at best .It will take time to bed in his way of playing and to mould his style of play.Ive seen first hand down the vale how professional the coaching set up and training is so I believe that we will see as the season goes on real progression and better results :bluescarf:

Yes exactly jut give it time and we will be rewarded. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Allan/ Wez

That's his and maybe your opinion but if that's case so are derby below us but maybe their fans are more of the optimistic type? And if people can say after 6 games we are in relegation fight best we all give up and go home!!

P's if in same place at Xmas then i can say in relegation fight. :thumbup:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

That's his and maybe your opinion but if that's case so are derby below us but maybe their fans are more of the optimistic type? And if people can say after 6 games we are in relegation fight best we all give up and go home!!

why you saying Wez ? if Lambert scored his chances we would of won,keeper made great save for one and hit the bar on the other ,they had 3 shots on goal and scored them Norwich are a decent team and will be in the mix at the end of the season ,our team will gel soon then we will turn the corner our squad is very strong you just have to look at the bench today

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

why you saying Wez ? if Lambert scored his chances we would of won,keeper made great save for one and hit the bar on the other ,they had 3 shots on goal and scored them Norwich are a decent team and will be in the mix at the end of the season ,our team will gel soon then we will turn the corner our squad is very strong you just have to look at the bench today

Wez this is twice today he's used our names as references just because we have different opinion to him and others !!!

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

How many times have we heard if that happened, or if this had happened. Virtually every time we get beat we hear the same excuses. We have 5 points from 6 games, fact, no ifs or buts. If you think everything is going along nicely, then you have a completely different view of what most of us would consider to be satisfactory. Just 6 games gone and how many points are we already adrift from the top. If we fail to win just one of our next two games, we will almost certainly find ourselves in the bottom three and the pressure starting to build.