Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/OPINION TROLLOPE MADE SOME BIG CHANGES TONIGHT AND

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:38 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

TROLLOPE MADE SOME BIG CHANGES TONIGHT AND WE STILL DID NOT IMPROVE INFACT WE WERE HORREDOUS

CARDIFF HAD A HORROR FIRST HALF SHOW :shock:

Preston had lost five of their previous six league games

Pilkington,Wilson,Noone and Lambert all got booked as City players got frustrated and lost control of the game against one of the worst teams in the Championship.

Ex Cardiff striker Eoin Doyle was subbed second half, not a Championship striker.

We had No belief in our selves and looked awful at times.

PRESTON 3 CARDIFF CITY 0 :o :o :o :o
Tom Clarke 36 min
Callum Robinson 41st min
Hugil 87 mins

Wilson; Manga, Morrison, Peltier, Harris, John, Ralls, Gunnarsson, Huws, Pilkington, Lambert
Subs Amos, Connolly, Richards, Immers, Whittingham, Noone, Gounongbe.
Crowd
Away Support 202(incl 50 comps)

Paul Trollope made some big changes with Kareem Harris and Emyr Huws starting for City.While Richards and Immers missed out, Rickie Lambert started up front again.But once again no starting place for Peter Whittingham.

Preston North End came in tonights game at Deepdale off the back of four straight defeats and currently occupy twenty-third place in the Sky Bet Championship table.

The couple of hundred diehard City fans who had made this long journey were hoping for 3pts as nearly every Championship club had taken them from Preston so far this season.

A lively start by Cardiff City, Pilkington with a shot with in minutes,Harris also making runs and Lambert passing well with Pilkington.

Preston then put the pressure on with young goalie Ben Wilson making a good save :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Preston then had Cardiff on the ropes for the next 10 minutes,with ex City player Doyle making all the runs.

City goalie Ben Wilson was booked for late tackle on Doyle outside the box as the forward looked to break in.

Preston were doing all the attacking, but thankfully Pilkington was popping up with some runs and shots :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

In the 36th min Tom Clarke scored for Preston, Ben Wilson did not do well :o 1-0 :o :o

Preston were looking sharper and fitter.

Then in 41st min Callum Robinson made it 2-0 Preston :o :o

Shocking first half.

Half-time Preston 2 Cardiff City 0 :o :o

City changed at HT: Peter Whittingham & Craig Noone came on for Declan John & Emyr Huws.

Preston continued to attack with Gallagher hit the top of the bar from a free-kick :o

Pilkington,Wilson,Noone and Lambert all got booked as City players got frustrated and lost control of the game.

Cardiff's final change saw Joe Ralls make way for striker Gounongbe.

City just got worse

87' Hugill cut inside before releasing a stunning drive from the edge that flew into the net! 3-0 :shock:

FULL-TIME PRESTON 3 CARDIFF CITY 0 :shock: :shock:

My man of the match Kadeem Harris :thumbright:

UP NEXT LEEDS UNITED HOME THIS SATURDAY 12.30pm :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION TROLLOPE MADE SOME BIG CHANGES TONIGHT

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:42 pm

Needs to start Whittingham but needs to stop changing the side so much needs a settle side or we will never get to grips with a new system (or any other) if he keeps changing the side

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:43 pm

darran1927 wrote:Needs to start Whittingham but needs to stop changing the side so much needs a settle side or we will never get to grips with a new system (or any other) if he keeps changing the side

Agree, ridiculous the number of changes he is making.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:43 pm

needs to ditch 352 for a start it just isn't working

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:44 pm

Annis thankyou for the write up, but I am lost for words and really fear for a relegation season.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:45 pm

Trollope needs to go and we need to invest in a proven manager at this level.
Fussing around and endangering our championship status by employing on the cheap.
Ffs tan,dalman and choo ,sort it out!

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:51 pm

3rd worse defensive recird minus 6.
Well no shit Sherlock we have the same defence except for Marshall.
Does not take much too work out does it.
Except if your dalman tan or choo.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:06 pm

Not happy with spoiling my weekend now its mid week also - oh well not sure its fair to say but time for the lot to go Owners who not got a Scooby doo - coaches and manager sorry this is far to painful worse than Ole Gunnar Solskjær - russle slade - bring back Dave Jones OR Malky Mackay !!!! everyone ragged them but at least they produced teams that believed in themselves and thought as a team when there backs were against the Wall !!! :bluescarf: TAXI

Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:31 pm

I Starting to get a bit worried now! Saturday, we were very average against a very ordinary Norwich side and now losing 3 goals to another average side, whilst making significant changes from one game to the next. It looks as though Trollope is experimenting every game, desperately trying to find a winning formation, which is very concerning, its going to be twist or stick time soon, for the club :roll:

Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:32 pm

wez1927 wrote:needs to ditch 352 for a start it just isn't working

agree I know the system will take time but there is no improvement or any signs of it working and it doesn't help he isn't sticking to a settled 11 . I honestly think one of the main problems was Trollope staying with Wales during the Euros and not concentrating on pre season training , he should of been here with the players coaching the new system and we maybe in a better place with it now.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:50 pm

darran1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:needs to ditch 352 for a start it just isn't working

agree I know the system will take time but there is no improvement or any signs of it working and it doesn't help he isn't sticking to a settled 11 . I honestly think one of the main problems was Trollope staying with Wales during the Euros and not concentrating on pre season training , he should of been here with the players coaching the new system and we maybe in a better place with it now.

got to agree with you

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:44 am

Not looking to Saturday & Sky be there so I think we be looking at a 2-0 defeat with about 13,000 there ... But the figure will be announced about 16,000 !!!!! :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:39 am

pezza4646 wrote:Not looking to Saturday & Sky be there so I think we be looking at a 2-0 defeat with about 13,000 there ... But the figure will be announced about 16,000 !!!!! :bluescarf: :bluebird:

I hope its not that low :shock: :shock:

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pezza4646 wrote:Not looking to Saturday & Sky be there so I think we be looking at a 2-0 defeat with about 13,000 there ... But the figure will be announced about 16,000 !!!!! :bluescarf: :bluebird:

I'd be surprised if alongside Leeds travelling support there are more than 10k there, interest is diminishing at an alarming rate based upon previous home games (no matter what spin they put on the crowd - pictures don;t lie!).

12.30pm and sky - is it really worth leaving a pub? :old:

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:46 am

fred keenor wrote:Trollope needs to go and we need to invest in a proven manager at this level.
Fussing around and endangering our championship status by employing on the cheap.
Ffs tan,dalman and choo ,sort it out!

'The Cardiff way' is to promote from within? Thank you so much Barcelona Documentaries, you'll get us relegated!!

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:48 am

arri potta wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'd be surprised if alongside Leeds travelling support there are more than 10k there, interest is diminishing at an alarming rate based upon previous home games (no matter what spin they put on the crowd - pictures don;t lie!).

Well leeds fans are travelling down and its live on sky.

Also it is £20 Adults and £5 under 16's for us :bluebird: :bluebird:

Coach and travel for Leeds fans £54 and an 8 hour round journey.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
arri potta wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

yes but they are like Newcastle and many other teams who seem to have a massive continued support - in the same way we took hundreds and even a few thousand in the 80's and into the 90's when things weren't going well - we stayed together week in week out.

Those days down here are now long gone, like I said in another post, look how many current s/t holders don't turn up (me included), the days of going just for the sake of it are long gone, I didn't go to every game when we were in the premiership but enjoyed having a s/t as it's cost effective.

Each to their own I know but things are not right down here, the public are not die hards they can see through the crap and media spin of the club, it's no longer a way of life for most!

Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
arri potta wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I do agree with you :thumbright:

But some on here keep backing Tans Regime and keep saying how professional our club is nowadays and that we are moving forward, so if you listen to them, which I don't, we should be getting 20,000 plus or even full houses :lol: