Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TONY PULIS ON HIS WAY ? "

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:40 am

TONY PULIS IS ON HIS WAY?

Tony Pulis is ready to quit Premeir League WBA for a Chsmpionship club.

It been reported that Tony Pulis has had enough of WBA there who have not supported him and its become harder to work at the Hawthorns.

Pulis is willing to take on another Championship club and its believed ambitious QPR want him.

Now come on Tan,Dalman and Choo here is your chance to show us the Welsh way and ambition that you keep harping on about, Go and get Pulis and we will pack out the Cardiff City Stadium and bring South Wales alive again. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Appointing someone like Pulis would lift the gloom and the negativity and would really back up the many statements City make about still wanting to be ambitious and we really would attract the right players etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " TONY PULIS ON HIS WAY ? "

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:54 am

Would be a fantastic appointment,would re generate the fan base.
Show we mean business.
Unfortunately never going to happen with tan at the helm.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:00 am

He was moaning about players not being his so i can't see him comming here for more of the same tbh.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:00 am

Annis, I really don't think this will happen, as much as I would love it too, I just don't think Tan and Pulis could work together.

The reasons he is not happy at WBA would be the exact same problems here, no backing with money for transfers as we are cost cutting currently.

He doesn't like it at WBA also because he doesn't have full control and again he wouldn't have that here either.

Lastly the club would have to go against everything they have said in the last week or so about the Cardiff way, as Pulis would want it done his way, a proven way it is as well, and I can't see the club wanting anymore egg on thier faces by changing thier mind on a big issue again.

Oh I can only dream of me being wrong, as like I said I would love him here.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:04 am

Pulis was in charge of Palace when there was all that nonsense about them knowing our team line-up in advance whilst we were in the Premier League and they beat us at home.

As we all know, Tan is a man who certainly knows how to hold a grudge.

For that reason and a million others, Pulis will never be our manager whilst Tan is in charge.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:07 am

Pulis does always have a nice Tan though.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:10 am

Would guarantee promotion within 2 years of any club he joined,woukd also keep them there!
I'm guessing the QPR chairman will be the more forward thinking Malaysian.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:12 am

Think there is a Chinese take over going on, him seemed unsure on his future, when talking about that. :thumbup:

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:18 am

fred keenor wrote:Would guarantee promotion within 2 years of any club he joined,woukd also keep them there!
I'm guessing the QPR chairman will be the more forward thinking Malaysian.

If he could guarantee promotion there would be 24 clubs in this division desperately trying to sign him up today. There is no way he would come here right now because there are no funds available for quality signings, the current squad is nowhere near good enough for promotion, and Pullis would'nt want to work for Tan anyway.
There are no guarantees in football, if Pullis could guarantee promotion with any club he would probably be the highest paid manager in Britain.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:34 am

wont happen he wont work for tan,not a chance

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:36 am

A. We wouldn't pay for him

B. If he's having a hard time at West Brom, try working for tan! Not getting enough support? Hmm

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:37 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:Pulis does always have a nice Tan though.

Sun always shines in zooport

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:45 am

Would rather keep Trollope and se what he can build..
premier league will be a less dull place without Pulis.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:45 am

I'd love Pulis to come and it would generate some real interest.

However, my understanding is that FFP covers all expenditure and the fact is that Pulis would probably cost as much/more than any of the big earners we've just had to get rid of. In which case surely we could be at risk of another embargo if we were to allow our expenditure to return to where it was before ?

I might be wide of the mark here, and I really hope I am, but we appear to be in a position that makes this type of appointment difficult/impossible.

Now if Pulis really wants to come here we could put him on a low wage with huge bonus to get us up but he won't be short of offers and very unlikely he'd go for that.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:55 am

Could never afford him
To big for our club
Tan would not have him just in case he shouted at him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:02 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: top top manager if only

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:19 am

Never gonna happen! He's not a 'yes man' like Trollope & Slade! Tan only wants 'yes men' !

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:TONY PULIS IS ON HIS WAY?

It been reported that Tony Pulis has had enough of WBA there who have not supported him and its become harder to work at the Hawthorns.

Pulis is willing to take on another Championship club and its believed ambitious QPR want him.

Now come on Tan,Dalman and Choo here is your chance to show us the Welsh way and ambition that you keep harping on about, Go and get Pulis and we will pack out the Cardiff City Stadium and bring South Wales alive again. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Appointing someone like Pulis would lift the gloom and the negativity and would really back up the many statements City make about still wanting to be ambitious and we really would attract the right players etc.

first of all may I congratulate you on your use of words in your heading, you certainly have a talent in getting people to open up your posting,it must be clear to everyone on here that we might as well wish for the moon because as long as the guilty 3 are running our club we will continue to stagnate despite all the flowery words coming from the guilty 3.....the only chance of change is a change of ownership let's hope and pray that happens soon

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:02 am

This would be brilliant if it came off lots of things in the way as all previous posters have said.
BUT if and its a big if we did get pulls and again if we let him do it all his way as it should be then I no we would move onwards and upwards but pulis would want money to spend aswell .
As much as every city fan wants this it just doesn't seem to fit us at mo .
Cost cutting and lack of ambition are just two things in the way at mo .
I'd love pulis big crowds back it would give us all a lift at city but I don't think it's going to happen we all think the same but if it did how good would that be for ccfc.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:07 am

Would be good for the club shop.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:TONY PULIS IS ON HIS WAY?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :notworthy:

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:31 am

highly doubt it now, they announced yesterday that the Chinese have officially become the clubs new owners. and I can see him being promised a nice transfer kitty for January and I can see that be the one thing keeping him.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:39 am

For fucks sake lads.
Try giving the current manager a chance, hes only been here a wet weekend.
Get a grip,change takes time

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:50 am

moz-dublin wrote:For fucks sake lads.

Exactly this Don't know what's become of our once great support. Let the man do his job!

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:55 am

Bella Blue wrote:
moz-dublin wrote:For fucks sake lads.

Exactly this Don't know what's become of our once great support. Let the man do his job!

I will be there tomorrow against Leeds, let's see our great support :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:01 am

Hoping to see a decent crowd, but our old school support seems to dwindle with each season. It used to be fun following City.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:24 am

Believe me Tony Pulis can work under Tan,but can he work under the financial fair play rules?

Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:55 pm

Pipe dream.

He is way out of our league financially.

This boat has passed. The time for him was a long time ago.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:20 pm

davids wrote:Pulis was in charge of Palace when there was all that nonsense about them knowing our team line-up in advance whilst we were in the Premier League and they beat us at home.

As we all know, Tan is a man who certainly knows how to hold a grudge.

For that reason and a million others, Pulis will never be our manager whilst Tan is in charge.

Didn't he go on record as saying Pulis was too expensive.You can't blame Tan all the time,christ,if some of the earlier managers were like that with my money they'd be in the fukin ground now. :lol:

Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Would gettin Pulis in fill up the Cardiff City Stadium in the same way that getting back our blue was going to do?
The only way the ground will fill up is winning football when we play a decent team, or the chance of a trip to Wembley. Me self, not a great fan of hoofball Pulis but that's just my opinion.