Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TODAY AT CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB "

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:25 pm

I Travelled back from Spain for this game,very excited to see a lot of my good friends and football friends and knowing there would be big away support by Leeds fans and hoping that would help get our fans in to full voice. As to me a good atmosphere at a football match is everything.

Crowd 16,608 incl 1,800 Leeds fans

The Football:

No creativity, useless upfront and no balls to Lambert, but saying that Lambert looks slow.

We are a team/ club in real trouble.

Also Leeds were awful

Atmosphere: Virtually Non existent by Cardiff fans, but I can't blame them.

Club Build up before game: None by our club

Man of the match our new goalie Ben Amos :ayatollah: :bluebird:
CARDIFF CITY 0 LEEDS 2

Cardiff City were booed off the pitch.

Catching up with friends was great :thumbright: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " TODAY AT CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB "

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:32 pm

worst start to a season in 12yrs, 1st time since prem lost 4 games in a row! this is dire announce the sacking now!

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:33 pm

Good attendance annis

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:38 pm

Ibby wrote:worst start to a season in 12yrs, 1st time since prem lost 4 games in a row! this is dire announce the sacking now!

And shocking football

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:40 pm

sid61284 wrote:Good attendance annis

To be honest sad to see in one way, but better than I thought as I did think less would actually attend, but also having 1,800 Leeds fans there helped.
But in Reality Awful attendance.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:41 pm

Are you joking that's 14,700 Cardiff fans and that's probably including the many season ticket holders who didn't turn up. I'd be suprised if we had 14,000 home fans in the stadium.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:55 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Are you joking that's 14,700 Cardiff fans and that's probably including the many season ticket holders who didn't turn up. I'd be suprised if we had 14,000 home fans in the stadium.

be surprised if there were actually 13k in the whole stadia.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:58 pm

Trollope is tactically naive, and no game has shown that more than this one. I genuinely think he's fooled everyone, including himself, into thinking that he's a tactical genius when in truth he hasn't a clue.

He keeps trying the same things over and over again, seemingly expecting a different result. And that second goal was absolutely his fault due to him creating a hole in the middle of the park due his panicked attempt to change our formation.

Someone please tell me why he waiting until 70 minutes or so to make a change? Or why he waited until the final 10 minutes to bring on another striker? Or why Immers was brought on with 2 minutes left? Trollope can't even make a single sensible substation and that has been evident since day one.

Yes, as you said Annis, Lambert is slow. But he's 34. Trollope knew who he was signing, so why has he continued to play in a way that absolutely plays AGAINST Lambert's strengths? It's like watching Le Fondre all over again, with our manager turning a great goal scorer into nothing more than a runner and someone to hold the ball up.

I normally say to give a manager more time, but I've seen nothing from Trollope to suggest that more time will achieve anything. Cut the cord now, and maybe a new manager can get us on a run.

Losing becomes a habit, and I think it already has now, if I'm honest. Need a run of 3-5 wins on the trot just to get some confidence back in the team and to pull us away from danger.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Is that Nuclear blue with the Tan out! banner? What a complete tool!

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:13 pm

nubbsy wrote:

We are a bottom half championship side. That's a lot more than we used to get when in same position under lennie/dave jones

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Bella Blue wrote:Is that Nuclear blue with the Tan out! banner? What a complete tool!

Yes it is you f*cking bell end

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bella Blue wrote:Is that Nuclear blue with the Tan out! banner? What a complete tool!

Nice one, well done!

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:15 pm

I felt Lambert played well, chased a lot down tried to bring the midfield into play when he could, Noone was useless and as soon as Ralls came off we lost what little creativity we had. Whittington needs to come off set pieces as only 1/10 actually tends to lead to any sort of chance and Gunnersson although full of running looked shattered... Amos was good just given no chance with the second goal and I don't recall ever seing a softer penalty given! (I'm willing to be proven wrong on that but from 113 it never looked a penalty)... Harris should of come on for Noone as he had run out of ideas and his pace may of given us a bit extra

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:18 pm

Bella Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Nice one, well done!

It wasn't my banner someone dumped it by us so I held it up for the photo. Got a problem with that ?

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

How embarrassing! The problem is Trollope, who is tactically naive and completely out of his depth. Anyone with half a brain cell can see that. Tan hired Malky didn't he? Or have you forgotten that. Sick of the negativity that's posted on here. No wonder no one wants to go down reading the comments on here day in day out.

Another thing, how long have you had that wrapped up in your bag? Embarrassing

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:19 pm

sid61284 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

We are a bottom half championship side. That's a lot more than we used to get when in same position under lennie/dave jones

Yeah and our lowest in what ten years

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:21 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bella Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Nice one, well done!

It wasn't my banner someone dumped it by us so I held it up for the photo. Got a problem with that ?

Nukes is 100% Telling the truth, it was being held up at the Back of the Ninian Stand and about 20 mins from the end a City fan dropped it by our seats. But personally I Totally agree with it :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Jestrix wrote:I felt Lambert played well, chased a lot down tried to bring the midfield into play when he could, Noone was useless and as soon as Ralls came off we lost what little creativity we had. Whittington needs to come off set pieces as only 1/10 actually tends to lead to any sort of chance and Gunnersson although full of running looked shattered... Amos was good just given no chance with the second goal and I don't recall ever seing a softer penalty given! (I'm willing to be proven wrong on that but from 113 it never looked a penalty)... Harris should of come on for Noone as he had run out of ideas and his pace may of given us a bit extra

I thought Ralls was really poor all game tbh

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:28 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bella Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Nice one, well done!

No, I have no problem. Glad to know you did not make it and unveil it with pride though.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:35 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Jestrix wrote:I felt Lambert played well, chased a lot down tried to bring the midfield into play when he could, Noone was useless and as soon as Ralls came off we lost what little creativity we had. Whittington needs to come off set pieces as only 1/10 actually tends to lead to any sort of chance and Gunnersson although full of running looked shattered... Amos was good just given no chance with the second goal and I don't recall ever seing a softer penalty given! (I'm willing to be proven wrong on that but from 113 it never looked a penalty)... Harris should of come on for Noone as he had run out of ideas and his pace may of given us a bit extra

He wasn't going to set the world alight with his play but I felt he was doing two peoples jobs because Whitts just wasn't willing to do anything today... at least Ralls tried to go forwards. But then again it's all subjective and no player really showed any sort of fight or grit apart from Harris when he came on who tried to be positive and Amos who made some really good saves and touches I thought

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:39 pm

Jestrix wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

He wasn't going to set the world alight with his play but I felt he was doing two peoples jobs because Whitts just wasn't willing to do anything today... at least Ralls tried to go forwards. But then again it's all subjective and no player really showed any sort of fight or grit apart from Harris when he came on who tried to be positive and Amos who made some really good saves and touches I thought

Must of watched diff game Whitts was putting loads of forward passes through to people and was everywhere today , Ralls gave the ball away on numerous occassions hence why I think he was subbed

Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:08 pm

Thought the whole of midfield was poor today a terrible performance , there was many people who have not been before and made it clear they wont come again and can u blame them. Bring back Slade

Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:39 pm

nubbsy wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Yeah and our lowest in what ten years

Ye the last 10 years we have had stuff to bring the fans in. Last year at ninian, new Stadium, cup runs, premier league.

Now we are back to our normal levels of support.

I'll be honest take me back 10-15 years. Ninian park 10-14k fans and a cracking day out.

I can honestly say I haven't enjoyed going since we moved to the new Stadium. f**k modern football