Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Atmosphere & Stewarding at CCFC '

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:00 pm

' Atmosphere & Stewarding at CCFC '

Cardiff City Stadium.

pezza4646 wrote:
Ok, what has happened is done, gone end off YES it will still go on.
My issue is atmosphere & Stewarding, every club has there 12th man, we Have not now, fair play to the drummer he tries to keep it going & good on him.
Someone needs to see Wayne Nash, as we not allowed to in certain areas or stand & point at away fans... Yet they are treated like Royalty. We need an area like Crystal Palace were you can create atmosphere, hence swapping the 2 ends behind the goals.
STILL keep the no man land between the fans, as you look at the photos the family stand is still nearly half empty now and the Canton stand is 3 quarters full.
I know what sort of negativity replies will get on here, like Policing etc. What iam saying is Stewarding needs to be a bit more relaxed :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Re: ' Atmosphere & Stewarding at CCFC '

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Please, not this again . Atmosphere will improve with results and results only.

Interesting that you cite Palace. Their main singing section and the visiting fans are at opposite ends of the ground. Fact!!

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Annoying bunch of Stripey Nigels who wish they were Italian

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:45 pm

wiltshirebluebird wrote:Please, not this again . Atmosphere will improve with results and results only.

Interesting that you cite Palace. Their main singing section and the visiting fans are at opposite ends of the ground. Fact!!

I disagree, the Atmosphere was ruined by the people who run our club, yes of course wins help,but it also helps if the club supports our fans etc in making an atmosphere :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:46 pm

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/09/1 ... g-at-ccfc/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wiltshirebluebird wrote:Please, not this again . Atmosphere will improve with results and results only.

I disagree, the Atmosphere was ruined by the people who run our club, yes of course wins help,but it also helps if the club supports our fans etc in making an atmosphere :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

It's shocking theyle kick a city fan out at the drop of a hat for facing and chanting toward the away fans and they get away with murder. A derby fan ran toward the Ninian and spat (almost hit some woman and children)... Yet they let him stay in.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:57 pm

We need room swap the ends. It will 100 percent improve the match day experience.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:54 am

The club went out of its way to kill the atmosphere in the CCS as soon as we went in there. They didn't want another hostile Ninian Park at their brand new shiny CCS. And so as they say, in this world you reap what you sow :bluebird:

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:12 am

I'd put the away fans in the red section - that way we don't get to see the red, they're closer to the canton and might actually have abit of a better atmosphere?

I'm sure Newcastle and ManChester United put their away fans up in the gods? I know Barca do and it's bloody freezing up here in November!

I like to follow Italian football, inparticular Torino - the stadium isn't to dissimilar to ours but they have two sets of hardcore fans at opposite ends and they pretty much sing to each other throughout the game- in the Curva Sud towards the corner are the away fans penned in and the atmosphere is amazing flags and chanting and drums and just pure mentalness - last season we attended the home game against Roma and the equaliser for Torino at the end was amazing I had some very ill young lady fly off her seat with a flag while her dad kicked the railing in front of him with joy it was incredible the announcer went nuts, he fans were bonkers and all in all the game was drab - infact I've probably seen City play better this season.

But the atmosphere was incredible and that's what people come for

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:21 am

Catch 22 for me this.
I honestly don't believe putting fans by away fans would improve the match day atmosphere. Also lets face it, its easy for away fans to come in and out now given their designated gates, parking area and driveway etc - this will never change imo as policing is so much easier.

I do agree with putting away fans as far away from pitch as possible - give them a section up the top - at least then they shouldn't be motivating their teams more than we are!

Don't know what is left. our fans are the worlds worst though. People cite palace - what an atmosphere watching their games. Even when they lose they keep on. We used to be like that once upon a time, people now just want to stand there, moaning for 20 mins, then fk off 10 before half time and 10 from the end. No support there really

Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:50 pm

Stewarding at CCS IS SHIT!!

Whether it's responsible for the lack of atmos, I'm not sure.

It's not down to the stewards, it's down to the people in charge of the stewards.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Totally Agree Annis.

How is it that a club like Crystal Palace can encourage its fans to show such fervent support???

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:33 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Totally Agree Annis.

How is it that a club like Crystal Palace can encourage its fans to show such fervent support???

It's encouraged at Palace and Discouraged at CCS. That why in the last few years Palace have left us in their trail :bluebird:

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:58 pm

FROM FACEBOOK

Neil Hasson
I've had four rows with stewards. One was last season when a woman on a freebie complained I was standing up and shouting. The stewards are making it not enjoyable to go to footy. Yet away fans can do what they want. Reading were taking the piss a few weeks back.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:36 pm

No problem with atmosphere when Wales play?

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:FROM FACEBOOK

Neil Hasson
I've had four rows with stewards. One was last season when a woman on a freebie complained I was standing up and shouting. The stewards are making it not enjoyable to go to footy. Yet away fans can do what they want. Reading were taking the piss a few weeks back.

There is an entire end of the ground where fans can stand up and shout as much as they like.

As you know I have never understood the need for some to want to stand next to visiting fans or otherwise they claim there can be no atmosphere. That is rubbish as anyone who has witnessed the brilliant atmosphere at games in places like Germany, Italy, Spain and Poland ( to name just a few) can testify. Why is "eyeballing" opposition fans of more value to them than watching the game and supporting the team?

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:02 pm

Slightly off topic but whats the general rule on flags, some lads had an iceland flag hanging on a railing in the grandstand at Blackburn game and a steward made them take it down.

It wasnt any different to how you see them at Wales games or the away end?

On surprised nobody brings their flags and trys to hang them over the corners?

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:05 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:

Neil Hasson

There is an entire end of the ground where fans can stand up and shout as much as they like.

As you know I have never understood the need for some to want to stand next to visiting fans or otherwise they claim there can be no atmosphere. That is rubbish as anyone who has witnessed the brilliant atmosphere at games in places like Germany, Italy, Spain and Poland ( to name just a few) can testify. Why is "eyeballing" opposition fans of more value to them than watching the game and supporting the team?

Which clubs in Spain, Italy etc are comparing this too please?

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:23 pm

Forget blaming the poor atmosphere on all this standing...sitting.. stewards etc etc nonsense......Some of the Wales games at the stadium have been brilliant for noise and atmosphere!!!! A winning team with the players, fans and owner all working as one team would solve our problems overnight...TOGETHER STRONGER!!! But unfortunately that ain't going to happen anytime soon

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm

ianto13 wrote:No problem with atmosphere when Wales play?

It's full then and of course there's a big feel good factor with Wales now.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:57 pm

I'v raised this issue with the sarcastic clueless Wayne Nash over the past few seasons. I think the stewarding is partly the reason for the poor attendance. I can live with the dire football but not being able to sing, stand and have a laugh I can't handle. In my last email to him I congratulated him on taking the soul out of Ccfc and said he needs to take responsibility for poor attendance and library like atmosphere. Maybe a bit harsh but I'm tired of it. He suggested a meeting before the Bristol or Owls game. Am I wasting my time with this guy? I suggested trying to get a group of us in 116 together to try and push our views over?

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Some of the best atmosphers have been when City have been losing in the div 4/3
Reason for loss of atmosphere
1. Sitting
2. Stadium does not carry sound. You cannot hear banter between fans
3. Lots of the old fans pick games
4. End of terrace culture
5. No decent music compared to 80s
6. CCTV
7. Playing shit
8. No commitment, seems happy with no ambition

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:29 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:

Neil Hasson

Spot on get behind the team! That's what the players appreciate more than anything!

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:53 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote: 1. Sitting
4. End of terrace culture
5. No decent music compared to 80s
6. CCTV

:lol: :lol:

That made me laugh

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:09 pm

I am sorry but a lot of statements on here are rubbish, Wales play in the same stadium with the same stewards and the same Wayne Nash running it however the atmosphere is outstanding like it has been a few times with City like when we beat Man City was just a classic .

Its the football its results if we were top of the league or in the premiership it would be totally different

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 pm

griff105 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Neil Hasson

Which clubs in Spain, Italy etc are comparing this too please?

From personal experience I can only comment on games at Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Hertha Berlin and Wisla Krakow where in every case the away fans are at the opposite end to the singing section of the home supporters and they have no trouble at all in creating a great atmosphere. From talking to friends who regularly attend games in all those countries, it is the same throughout those leagues. It is also true in very many clubs in England, yet some on here insist that it is necessary to be next to away fans to create atmosphere. Why?

Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:36 am

Like I've said I'd pop the away fans in the red section as it's pretty much redundant - then I'd bring the family section in closer to the rest of the stadium as they only seem a few hundred. A lot of clubs I've seen tend to leave a stand close and if there's no demand in order to keep fan experience to peek

Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:25 am

If a pub manager had his staff going around telling people watching a band or disco to stop dancing or singing and sit down they would eventually think f**k it and stop going there.
Same with watching City where a section of fans like watching the game but having banter a sing and a laugh if they cant they will stop enjoying it and not come.
Ive seen games on tv where fans have been standing up singing in different parts of the ground with no interference from stewards but here we have Wayne Nash whose been a prick long before the stadium was built slowly killing the atmosphere with his negative approach the sooner the club realises this and fucks him off the better..

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:39 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:If a pub manager had his staff going around telling people watching a band or disco to stop dancing or singing and sit down they would eventually think f**k it and stop going there.
Same with watching City where a section of fans like watching the game but having banter a sing and a laugh if they cant they will stop enjoying it and not come.
Ive seen games on tv where fans have been standing up singing in different parts of the ground with no interference from stewards but here we have Wayne Nash whose been a prick long before the stadium was built slowly killing the atmosphere with his negative approach the sooner the club realises this and fucks him off the better..

SPOT ON Jinks :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Having a word with Wayne Nash is a no go as he is the man responsible for the decisions on the canton and Grange. He knows the score because he used to be as some would say a Lad. Let's look on his decisions
1/ Standing/ singing section to be put as far from the away fans as possible.
2/Known Lads from the beginning not able to buy season tickets next to each other. IE the old "block A" at Ninian Park now scattered around the Stadium.
3/Constant harassment of those in the Ninian stand 116/17
4/Instructing Steward to threaten City fans with ejection for minor infractions like turning your necks towards the away fans.
5/Getting Stewards to make notes of fans that they feel are not behaving in the manner they now expect.

When you pay for a service you should not be treated the way football fans in general are being treated. What we must remember this sort of behaviour is not just exclusive to our fans it happens now at most grounds. Fans like atmosphere, players love it. So why are we treated so bad ?