Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' BREAKING NEWS/ VINCENT TAN/PAUL TROLLOPE '

Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:52 pm

' BREAKING NEWS/ VINCENT TAN/PAUL TROLLOPE '

Cardiff City manager Paul Trollope has been told he will be given a 'fair amount of time' after two crisis meetings with the club bosses ,they call the committee which exists of Owner Vincent Tan,Chairman Mehmet Dalman and CEO Ken Choo.

Paul Trollope has been given the backing,some call it the dreaded vote of confidence,before your sacked.

Cardiff City are rock bottom after only one win from nine games this season.

Trollope has been told they want results starting with Rotherham away this coming Saturday.

It is understood Trollope and his coaching staff have met the Cardiff Committee twice in the last few days to discuss the crisis that has seen Cardiff City Football Club plummet to rock-bottom of the Championship.

And the message from the Bluebirds Board has been one of 'Don't Panic', Cardiff bosses firmly believing Trollope can turn results around.

But owner Vincent Tan wants see the evidence that his manager can turn the season around by getting results away at lowly Rotherham,Burton and at home to Derby County.

After these three games,there is an International break.

It is also understood that Paul Trollope and his coaching staff met the Cardiff City committee again on Wednesday afternoon and once again the message was to say they will be given time to get results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' BREAKING NEWS/ VINCENT TAN/PAUL TROLLOPE '

Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:57 pm

That's good give him the time to turn it around and I hope this isn't the dreaded vote of confidence. :?

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' BREAKING NEWS/ VINCENT TAN/PAUL TROLLOPE '

Cardiff City manager Paul Trollope has been told he will be given a 'fair amount of time' after two crisis meetings with the club bosses ,they call the committee which exists of Owner Vincent Tan,Chairman Mehmet Dalman and CEO Ken Choo.

Paul Trollope has been given the backing,some call it the dreaded vote of confidence,before your sacked.

Cardiff City are rock bottom after only one win from nine games this season.

Trollope has been told they want results starting with Rotherham away this coming Saturday.

It is understood Trollope and his coaching staff have met the Cardiff Committee twice in the last few days to discuss the crisis that has seen Cardiff City Football Club plummet to rock-bottom of the Championship.

And the message from the Bluebirds Board has been one of 'Don't Panic', Cardiff bosses firmly believing Trollope can turn results around.

But owner Vincent Tan wants see the evidence that his manager can turn the season around by getting results away at lowly Rotherham,Burton and at home to Derby County.

After these three games,there is an International break.

It is also understood that Paul Trollope and his coaching staff met the Cardiff City committee again on Wednesday afternoon and once again the message was to say they will be given time to get results.

I obviously want him to turn it around but nothing at the moment says he will, looks like in yoit report tan wants him gone if the next 3 result are bad and who can blame him

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Reallistically we need to be getting at least 5-6 points from those three games.

Otherwise he's got to go and get a proper manager in.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:21 pm

davids wrote:Reallistically we need to be getting at least 5-6 points from those three games.

agree with you I can see why he was appointed coz of his coaching ability on the training field but sometimes good coaches don't make good managers

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:33 pm

"LOWLEY ROTHERHAM" ummm we are bottom!!

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:51 pm

I'm guessing "a fair amount of time" is probably 90 minutes plus an additional 3 or 4 minutes.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:That's good give him the time to turn it around and I hope this isn't the dreaded vote of confidence. :?

Didn't u say sack him a few days ago?

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:18 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:That's good give him the time to turn it around and I hope this isn't the dreaded vote of confidence. :?

Nope.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Nope.

I'm pretty sure you did mate

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:31 pm

I have no confidence in Trollope, we need a reputable manager and Tan to get his cheque book out to sort this mess! :old:

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:55 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Nope.

Mate, I think the only 'sacking' comment Ryan has made of late was one where he stated he'd have sacked OGS as soon as we got relegated and he's been pretty consistent in his support of Paul Trollope to date :thumbup:

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Sven wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Nope.

Mate, I think the only 'sacking' comment Ryan has made of late was one where he stated he'd have sacked OGS as soon as we got relegated and he's been pretty consistent in his support of Paul Trollope to date :thumbup:

Thanks Sven. :thumbup:

Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Nope.

Thanks Sven. :thumbup:

No problem. It is as it is! LOL :thumbright:

Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:08 pm

Is this the news contained in the Walesonline article earlier?

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:45 pm

Should be given time as i posted last night - but at the same time - should have been given " THE CHOO CHOO TRAIN " -

PROMISE / COMMENTS - " WE HAVE TO SELL PLAYERS TO GET NEW PLAYERS IN " - ;)

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Although he hasn't been our manager, he has still been at CCFC long enough to understand the way our football club should be run.

If we do not score against Rotherham then it's Trollope Out for me. The drought in front of goal at the moment is frightening.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:51 am

wez1927 wrote:
davids wrote:Reallistically we need to be getting at least 5-6 points from those three games.

agree with you I can see why he was appointed coz of his coaching ability on the training field but sometimes good coaches don't make good managers

He's not the manager he's still a coach as stated by the club when he was appointed that's where the problem is in my opinion wez.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:44 am

I really hope pt turns his and the club's fortunes around the table doesn't lie does it we are bottom .Good luck to city tomorrow and good luck to pt
Let's see what happens the other problem that's equally not sitting right with me is if he does get the sack I'm terrified who the idiots have lined up they must be thinking of someone if all goes tits up and I'm worried.
We have lennie Lawrence at the club he's been around football clubs for so many years I just hope we keep him he could be the football brain we are missing but we all no that ain't going to happen so I wonder who are next cock up will be if they sack pt

Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:36 am

philobull wrote:"LOWLEY ROTHERHAM" ummm we are bottom!!
:lol:

Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:52 am

hes not gna turn it around, we need to win all three matches convincingly imo for him to stay, a shit 1-0 against rotherham wont be enough,we just dont look a team under trollope and i cant see him being able to drastically change fortunes after the shit run we have started with,we may as well let trollope go now and bring someone like warnock in or even someone like graham alexander in,theres good managers in league one we can get the worry is who in their right mind would want to work for this club

Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:49 am

Nothing would make me happier than him turning it around, as optimistic as I am I simply can't see it at all. It's the manor of the defeats and the way in which Trollope has done things. As bad as it is, we aren't set adrift yet but I can't see anything other than maybe a point at best from the next two games which will see his p45 handed to him.

How can a side who barely muster a shot and are a different defensive unit to last season suddenly starting winning? We seen how poor Leeds were at home and still we got beat without a fight. The only chance he has is to make drastic changes and hope he gets lucky, would love him to do it but can't see it. Trollope out coach not a manager. :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:44 am

Its going to be a tough game today! If I was a Rotherham fan or the Manager I would be thinking this is a game they have to win based on out curent form but presure can go both ways so that could push a bit back on them. Sadly the way things have been lately we do look like a side that should be there for the taking when we are playing away. If we conceed early I think we could have a horrible uphill struggle.

Whether we have been unlucky or not the mounting presure cannot be releived without results which can only get harder to find as time goes on. Unfortunately for Trolllope this is a results business and time will tell if he can weather the storm and turn this ship around. Personaly I think it will prove a bit too much for him but I really hope a win today can give him enough momentum to do this. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:11 am

I don't know why clubs do this, everyone can see he hasn't got a clue and will never make it, yet they let him carry on a few more weeks and put us in a worse position?

If we win it just drags it out longer, he'll he gone by Christmas, probably well before.